Software RMD
Hiya,

I want to record some tutorials using something like screen record but I have a windows laptop. I have been recommended Camtasia, but that seems a bit pricey for the half a dozen times I would actually use it.

Any suggestions as to what I could use instead?

I use Bandicam but the trial version is rather limited, however paid licences are very reasonably priced, depending on what you think 'reasonable' is. (We've got it licensed on three PCs in the house.)

The full version is $39, whatever that works out to in real money.

Holy shitballs Camtasia is £249! Maybe give Bandicam a go and see if you like it? If you decide to license it you just apply the licence code to the already installed trial version.

https://www.bandicam.com/buy/
I've used ActivePresenter in the past, but the free version has watermarks on the output. (the paid version is $199, so not cheap either)
OBS (Open Broadcast software) is free and works well. It's designed for streaming but works for recording too
Another vote for OBS here; it’s what I use.
Thanks guys, I'll try OBS, and if not I'll give Bandicam a go. :)
Isn't it built in to Windows 10? Something to do with Xbox?
Grim... wrote:

Game DVR. It's pretty basic if memory serves
Grim... wrote:

I did a search but it just directed me to the web page to download it. So apparently not. :shrug:
I’m so confused.

I use OBS from this site: https://obsproject.com/
Mr Chonks wrote:
I’m so confused.

Me too
Mr Chonks wrote:
I’m so confused.

Yeah, that's where I've grabbed it from.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I did a search but it just directed me to the web page to download it. So apparently not. :shrug:

It probably comes with the optional games stuff.

It is pretty basic, but it records the screen, and if that's all you need to do...
Grim... wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Grim... wrote:

It probably comes with the optional games stuff.

It is pretty basic, but it records the screen, and if that's all you need to do...

Well it would be useful if it recorded me speaking too - but essential.

I'm going to have a go with what I've downloaded loaded anyway thank you. It looks straight forward enough (famous last words...).
You should have asked, we use something at work, but I don't actually use it, so can't remember what it is.
Mr Chonks wrote:
What

What is confusing you here? Win 10 has built in screen recording as part of the Games for Windows stuff.
Joans wrote:
You should have asked, we use something at work, but I don't actually use it, so can't remember what it is.

You're having an amazing day aren't you? :DD
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Joans wrote:

Well, I can find out.
Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Joans wrote:

Well, I can find out.

This is taking a sexy turn.
Cras wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
What

What is confusing you here? Win 10 has built in screen recording as part of the Games for Windows stuff.

But that’s not OBS.
This could have all been avoided if GJ would have bought Bandicam but now everything is ruined.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Cras wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
What

But that’s not OBS.

Yes. That's why Grim... didn't quote anything to do with OBS.
Buy a Mac and then you can use Quicktime to record the screen (or a portion of)

Or strap your phone to your forehead while it's recording video
Cras wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Cras wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
What

But that’s not OBS.

Yes. That's why Grim... didn't quote anything to do with OBS.

In fairness, the way he worded it made it sound like he was talking about OBS. Directly after a post mentioning OBS he said, "Isn't it built in to Windows 10? Something to do with Xbox?" which reads very much like the 'it' being referred to is OBS.
And then Jazzy responded to it. I was just trying to point out the misunderstanding, albeit facetiously.
Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Joans wrote:

Well, I can find out.

It's OBS. That was worth the wait, wasn't it?
Joans wrote:
Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Joans wrote:

Well, I can find out.

It's OBS. That was worth the wait, wasn't it?

Classic Joans
Classic, classic Joans.
I aim to please.
Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ]