Am doing a thing for the mens
Hello & good morning lovely people. Hope this is OK to post here :S

This week I am travelling allllll the way to the delightful Edinburgh so that on Sunday I can do something completely bonkers that only an idiot would do: run a marathon!

I am running my first marathon for a charity called Campaign Against Living Miserably, which is a male mental health charity. They are working to reduce the stigma of talking about mental health and challenging male stereotypes, as well as offering services like a confidential free helpline for those who need to talk. The main goal being to reduce suicide rates, because suicide is the single biggest cause of death in men under the age of 45.

This is a cause close to my heart, as I lost my eldest brother in 2000 and then a second brother in 2017, both to suicide. Last week, a chap I've known on twitter for years took his own life after a battle with his health.

I need to raise another £800 to meet my goal of £2,000 for CALM and I'm hoping one or two of you would be able to stick a fiver in the pot to help me on my way. (I know some of you have already helped after my posts on twitter/facebook and really appreciate it - apologies for bombarding you :luv: )

If you can afford to help, the justgiving page is here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... -edinburgh

Thank you in advance, and again apologies if you've been spammed by this on twitter etc too.
Jem wrote:
Duh, of course it is.

Thanks for the reminder. Sponsored & doubled my contribution via a Gift Match through my work (although that bit won't show on your JustGiving page.)

Good luck!
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Jem wrote:
Duh, of course it is.

Thanks for the reminder. Sponsored & doubled my contribution via a Gift Match through my work (although that bit won't show on your JustGiving page.)

Good luck!

Thank you :kiss:
Excellent cause Jem, and Edinburgh's a lovely city! Enjoy the run!
Great cause, donated, good luck! :)
Thank you so much guys. Really appreciate the support :luv:
Is... is Gaz rounding up odd donations out of OCD, or has he made a rash promise?
Did Cras forget he had already donated once...
DavPaz wrote:
Is... is Gaz rounding up odd donations out of OCD, or has he made a rash promise?

:D I love that. I do that with Darwin’s bank account. I just like seeing the nice, tidy numbers.
DavPaz wrote:

Neither, it's just for the lulz really ;)
Trooper wrote:
Did Cras forget he had already donated once...

Possibly. Or he is super duper generous. I might have to snog him at the BBQ. :luv:
Ha! I am awesome at remembering what I have and haven't done :D
Feeling a bit emosh now, thank you all again for the donations and messages. :luv:
Jem wrote:
Feeling a bit emosh now, thank you all again for the donations and messages. :luv:

Once I am sure I can pay my bills this month I will be donating!
GazChap wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Neither, it's just for the lulz really ;)

:D
I have also run there. Good on you, good luck, and I have added an (only tiny) donation.
The voting on my work GoT sweepstake ended in a tie between giving the cash to charity, or me winning with "nobody". So I took the winnings, rubbed it in their faces like the losers they were, then donated the winnings to charity.

This seemed like the right charity to give to, so you have another few quid from me and the folks I work with. Good luck :)
I donated...

Edit: Jem says I have to thank you all for donating all the cash monies to encourage us knobheads to run.

:luv: Thanks!
Trooper wrote:
The voting on my work GoT sweepstake ended in a tie between giving the cash to charity, or me winning with "nobody". So I took the winnings, rubbed it in their faces like the losers they were, then donated the winnings to charity.

This seemed like the right charity to give to, so you have another few quid from me and the folks I work with. Good luck :)

Thank you lovely :kiss:

And thank you again, everyone. It's suddenly feeling very real now I'm in Edinburgh :S
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ]