Monitor RMD
If I were to finally listen to GazChap (who is sometimes right about things) and buy an external monitor so that I'm not screwing myself up to look at my laptop screen 12 hours a day, what would I need to be looking at? I'm so long out of the world of tech hardware I don't know my HDMI from my ... see, I don't even know how to finish this sentence.

My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 and does have a HDMI port, if that helps. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 if that matters. Is it much of a muchness these days? IDK what I'm doing. :DD

Thanks in advance :luv:
(Honestly, you wouldn't think I used to build my own computers and worked in IT tech, would you.)
Just get a 1080p monitor with the right inputs. Unless you need something fancy they're all much of a muchness. This one would be fine: https://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop/de ... ccessories

Also, if you fancy a trip to Bedfordshire, I've just upgraded to a super-monitor so I now have six spares.
We use those Dells at work. There are indeed fine
I have a 27” Samsung you can have. I only recently upgraded. It’s currently sat doing nothing.
Mr Chonks wrote:
I have a 27” Samsung you can have. I only recently upgraded. It’s currently sat doing nothing.

As you're closer than Grim... winner winner chicken dinner! :DD That would be most excellent, thank you.
Grim... wrote:
Just get a 1080p monitor with the right inputs. Unless you need something fancy they're all much of a muchness. This one would be fine: https://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop/de ... ccessories

Also, if you fancy a trip to Bedfordshire, I've just upgraded to a super-monitor so I now have six spares.

How bloody big is your monitor that it replaced 6?!!
Grim... wrote:
six spares.
8)
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

As you're closer than Grim... winner winner chicken dinner! :DD That would be most excellent, thank you.

A good excuse for another visit. Whose turn is it to host?
Mr Chonks wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Errrrrrrrrr I have no idea, actually. I remember you came here but I can't remember if the VR thing was before or after that :shrug:
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Errrrrrrrrr I have no idea, actually. I remember you came here but I can't remember if the VR thing was before or after that :shrug:

VR thing was in early March, visit was in mid Feb so we're due to go there I think ;)
Jem wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Very. But it didn't, it replaced 4. I got two more from Gaywood when he got the same monitor I did and was going to honestly this is such a dull story I can't even finish the
Grim... wrote:
Jem wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Very. But it didn't, it replaced 4. I got two more from Gaywood when he got the same monitor I did and was going to honestly this is such a dull story I can't even finish the

Of course I didn’t actually edit this post.
Mimi wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Jem wrote:
Grim... wrote:

:DD

I had visions of you working in some kind of igloo made of inwards-faving monitors

(Edited, becaus that was bad even by my standards)
What is even happening
I am too dumb to forum.
I'm still loving my 43 inches.
Trooper wrote:

Very unlikely title of your sex tape.
Mimi wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Unless it is waist... :P
KovacsC wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Unless it is waist... :P

bOOM
Imagine getting roasted by Kov. Just imagine it.

You don’t need to if your name is Trooper
GazChap wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

VR thing was in early March, visit was in mid Feb so we're due to go there I think ;)

It's just occurred to me that this makes no sense. If we went there in March for the VR, they're due here next?
I was thinking that, but happy to go with whatever you decided :D

However my car is currently off the road so that might force our hand.
We might as well come to you anyway then, hehe. I'll message you some dates. :DD
Jem wrote:
It's just occurred to me that this makes no sense. If we went there in March for the VR, they're due here next?

Oh yeah :belm:

Apparently I have compartmentalised things sufficiently that the flip-flop-to-and-from-Mop is classed as an entirely different chain of events in my head to other meetups ;)
Car is getting fixed on Friday!
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ]