iPhone Wireless Chargers
Having upgraded to an iPhone with a wireless charger option (yes I know android and palm did it for years).

Are the chargers worth the money or just a gimmic? Does any one use them, which can you recommend?

cheers
I use one of these on my desk at work and it's great.
If you’ve got your wireless charger plugged in then you could just as easily plug in a regular charger at zero additional cost. Sure you have to put a tiny wire into the bottom of your phone which takes, like, a second, but so what.
GazChap wrote:

Cheers..
Satsuma wrote:
If you’ve got your wireless charger plugged in then you could just as easily plug in a regular charger at zero additional cost. Sure you have to put a tiny wire into the bottom of your phone which takes, like, a second, but so what.

I had never thought of that.. unless i want to listen to music as well, via headphones.
Satsuma wrote:

I used to think that, but the convenience of just being able to drop the phone down on the charger and pick it up without faffing is great.

It also means that you can effectively use a normal Micro USB cable to charge your iPhone rather than a Lightning cable, and also saves any wear and tear on said cable(s) or the charging port.
Headphone splitters are like, what, £8?
I'll split your headphones for £2.
GazChap wrote:

There's any number of sled-style desktop chargers like this on Amazon for £15-20. Pretty much any of them will work fine. I like them plenty.
Satsuma wrote:

So you are suggesting for me to buy something i don't need rather than something i am asking about :)
Do you need to take the case off of a phone to wirelessly charge it? Having to do that would instantly destroy any utility of it for me.
KovacsC wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

So you are suggesting for me to buy something i don't need rather than something i am asking about :)

Are you new to BeeX? :D
Bamba wrote:
Do you need to take the case off of a phone to wirelessly charge it? Having to do that would instantly destroy any utility of it for me.

No, unless it's some sort of super rugged one, or it has metal in it. The cheap charger on my desk will work across a distance of at least a centimetre.
My Samsung won't wirelessly charge unless I take the case off, so I instantly binned that idea. It's more hassle than plugging in a cable.
Mine charges through my Apple case. Even despite the presence of a metal plate in the back of it (so I can use magnetic phone holders in the car)
Worth noting that if you’re some type of fucking caveman who voluntarily uses cables when wireless exists, you will scratch your phone with the cable, and the scratches will be cosmetic damage and reduce value should you put it in for recycling.
Somehow my car has a load of scratch marks around the driver's side keyhole. Explain that.
Cras wrote:
Somehow my car has a load of scratch marks around the driver's side keyhole. Explain that.

Your car doesn't have wireless charging, so story checks out.
Cras wrote:

When you fail to put the key in the keyhole sometimes you scratch the paint around the keyhole instead.

HTH HAND
Cras wrote:

My car doesn’t because it’s not Fred Flintstones fucking car.
Nor is mine, it has remote central locking. That why I mentioned it
Is it your Jimmy Saville bracelets?
Cras wrote:

Attempting TWOCcing?
Cras wrote:

You spilled your food there while opening the door, and a hungry squirrel ate off the paint.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:

Attempting TWOCcing?

I was just trying to do a comedy corrolary to Riles apparently attempting to insert charging cables with his headwand, to be honest.
Attempted LOLZ delivery, eh?
An attempt was made.
Cras wrote:
An attempt was made.

Yodel-style, by throwing it over a hedge into the neighbour's bins.
I have received the wireless charger, and it works with the case on.

Cheers folks
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ]