Secrets on Trains
Again!
BBC Linkage: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7455084.stm

Quote:
More confidential government files were found on a train earlier this week, it has been revealed.

The Independent on Sunday says it was handed the documents, which cover fighting global terrorist funding, drugs trafficking and money laundering.

The files, relating to a meeting of financial crime experts, were found on the same day as another batch of secret papers were handed to the BBC.

A Treasury spokesman said the government was "extremely concerned".
The worrying thing is that we are probably only hearing about the instances where the documents are handed to the media.

God knows how many are found and not handed in, or handed in to the police and we never hear about them.

Quote:
The confidential files were said to include details of how trade and banking systems could be manipulated

I know if I found information on how to do this, I'd think twice about handing it to anyone. Sounds like it could be quite valuable.
I can only hope that this is intentional mis-direction. Seriously, ANY forum member would think twice before letting any paper document with any worth out of their sight, not printed in some kind of code.

These guys print it out, put it in a folder, TAKE IT ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT, and then go "Oh, whoops, I had a folder earlier!"

HOW are these people not fired?
They are fired.

Or, at the very least, suspended "pending investigation".
Sheepeh wrote:
HOW are these people not fired?

The Eternal Cynic says:

Simple. They're the people responsible for doing the firing.
I wonder how much of this is disgusted less-senior assistants and the like doing what they can to avoid the penalties of the Official Secrets Act. I assume it's "very little", but everyone needs something to cling to.
It's like that guy who left a £200,000 Violin on a train by accident. Beggars belief.
A friend of mine left his Ibanez on a bus when we were teens.

He made us conduct a three minute silence for it, the fucking idiot.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]