Sniper Elite
Zombies or straight up, sir
I loves me some Sniper Elite. Even after playing it for ages, I still make involuntary "argh" or "oooh" sounds when there is a particularly violent outcome, and I still point at the screen and shout "YEAAAH, BOYIIIIIEEE" when I nail an enemy sniper in the head from three hundred meters away.

Does anyone else actually play these?

Here's some gratuitous violence. Make sure to check out the shot about 1:20 in.

This thread is better ;)

Have you played the zombie one?
Never heard of a zombie one. Is that DLC or some such?
I enjoyed V2, I'll probably pick up the next one when it's cheap too, which is usually about a week after release.
I've just had a gander at some zombie footage and looks more like a third-person CoD than a typical Sniper Elite game. The co-op footage I watched had people being swarmed by zombies and shooting them with shotguns, machine guns and what haves you but no one is shooting them like the titular sniper. When I played V2 the only thing keeping me going was the viseral cracking of bones and splattering of flesh in Slow-Mo.

Sounds crap. I'm oot.

(and I haven't got a PC to play it on either so, y'know, swings and roundabouts, init)
I played V2 for a bit, then just stopped, no idea why.
Trooper wrote:
I played V2 for a bit, then just stopped, no idea why.

Needing food or sleep are the two most likely candidates.
Saturnalian wrote:
I've just had a gander at some zombie footage and looks more like a third-person CoD than a typical Sniper Elite game. The co-op footage I watched had people being swarmed by zombies and shooting them with shotguns, machine guns and what haves you but no one is shooting them like the titular sniper.

There's certainly lots of situations where you pull out shotguns or pistols (and land mines, grenades, tripwires, etc) but most of the time you'll be sniping the baduns.

There's less of the "insane distance" stuff, though, which is a shame, but the swarming of zombies makes for some great straight-through opportunities - I got a five for one last night.
I finished it, as people who read the Finish 52 thread know.

It was lots of fun.
It's £2.49 on Steam right now! The first slo-mo headshot is worth that alone!
I would totally get it at that price if I had a PC.
Oof, Sniper Elite 3 had a day one patch on Xbox One - that is 10GB big.

Fucking hell.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... n-xbox-one
Got Sniper Elite 3 the other day. Loving it so far, good replay value, nice open levels with lots of different routes and opportunities for trying out different tactics.
Sniper Elite 4 announced has the following "improvements":

1) Mo Killcam X-ray Pew Pew akshun

2) Blow up explosives and now watch shrapnel embed in nearby enemies face holes. In slow mo!

3) Do a stealth attack and watch a Mortal Kombat fatality as your knife meet brain.
All good. As long as you can still shoot their bollocks off.
It's OK as long as you remember never ever to fart on anyone's balls.

I may have got a bit excited.
I keep meaning to get this for cheaps. I need a Dave.
Hahaha I hit basically nothing.

I think you got more excited 30 minutes later when you tried to run up and punch out a tank.

Ghosts.
Satsuma wrote:

:(
Also I shot a man in the lung via his taint.
Satsuma wrote:

I've had it fer ages.
Mr Dave wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

I've had it fer ages.

1) Have you clocked it?
2) Has it got Zombies in it?
They already finished that one without me. :(
Satsuma wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

I've had it fer ages.

1) Have you clocked it?
2) Has it got Zombies in it?

1)Yar, but that's not to stop me playing again. It's not exactly something which is spoilerific
2) no.
Lonewolves wrote:
They already finished that one without me. :(

You culd onlt play once per blue moon.
Yes but now Sal doesn't care about spending time with me!
Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ]