MrModchips found innocent!
Victory for the little man.
Not that I've ever bought a modded console, but this is very good news for those who care about their own consumer freedom.

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47710

Quote:
In a landmark historic occasion today 11 June 2008 at the court of appeal criminal division the legal argument that modchips do not circumvent copyright protection was upheld by Judge Justice Jacobs.

The granting of this appeal based on the argument that the copyright infringement has already taken place before the use of a modchip has resulted in the squashing of all 26 counts against MrModchips

The defendant MrModchips was awarded full costs as a result of his successful appeal and offered his most sincerest thanks to his legal team and his many well wishers who had supported his fight for justice in the face of what are now no more than corporate public bullies.
pupil wrote:
offered his most sincerest thanks to his legal team and his many well wishers who had supported his fight for justice in the face of what are now no more than corporate public bullies.

Heh heh heh heh :metul:
Does that mean it's now legal to go hax-chipping?
This may hopefully convince other modders such as Yod@ to crawl out of their security mousehole now.
As cool as hax-chipping is, soft-hax-haxing is cooler.
Pod wrote:
Does that mean it's now legal to go hax-chipping?

No, I don't think so.
MarzSyndrome wrote:
This may hopefully convince other modders such as Yod@ to crawl out of their security mousehole now.

He was great, wasn't he? My Xbox is still going strong, and when it went a bit wobbly he told me how to sort it out. Lovely chap.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]