Rock band Multiplayer
How?
Hey can anyone tell me how I play multiplayer over a network please.
I cant get it to work. I only have the option for local, despite obviously having LIVE capability.

Thanks.
You have to select 'Band Quickplay' to play multiplayer over live (then the process is really simple - it gives you the option of local or online multiplayer and you choose from there...).

I assume you have been trying to play the world tour mode which (stupidly) you cannot play online :(
Mimi wrote:
You have to select 'Band Quickplay' to play multiplayer over live (then the process is really simple - it gives you the option of local or online multiplayer and you choose from there...).

I assume you have been trying to play the world tour mode which (stupidly) you cannot play online :(

Does the same thing with band quick play I think.

However, I should note that I am just one person, does this matter? Id assume not...
LaceSensor wrote:

However, I should note that I am just one person, does this matter? Id assume not...
It worked for me when I tried it. The Multiplayer menu should have a few entries, including Local Quickplay, Band World Tour, Online quickplay, and the competitive modes. Then you get a screen just like the start of Quickplay but with an invite menu.

Sorry for ignoring your invite yesterday, I was playing with other people in the room. I did laboriously tap out a message back to you on the d-pad on the drumset but brushed against the Guide button at the end and deleted the message by mistake. Some other time though.
LaceSensor wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Nope - that shouldn't matter. I have played online quickplay with Craig whilst I was in London and he in Lancaster. Both of us were playing as lone players and we used online quickplay, and it all worked fine. I can't imagine what problem you might be having with getting online with the game, but you definitely should be able to start up a multiplayer game online in the quickplay mode. Sorry, I am at a loss to suggest why you might be having difficulties - I assume that your network settings were all working as they should be at the time?
Mimi wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Nope - that shouldn't matter. I have played online quickplay with Craig whilst I was in London and he in Lancaster. Both of us were playing as lone players and we used online quickplay, and it all worked fine. I can't imagine what problem you might be having with getting online with the game, but you definitely should be able to start up a multiplayer game online in the quickplay mode. Sorry, I am at a loss to suggest why you might be having difficulties - I assume that your network settings were all working as they should be at the time?

OK so I just dont understand how to do this, it doesnt work.
What the fuck is wrong with my copy.
I can play any other game I own via XBLIVE...so settings must be correct.

I go to multiplayer, band quickplay. Then it has either Local or Online, but online is shaded out.

GAAARGHHAHGHAHHHGAHGH

I hate rock bands menu systems, they are shit.
That is odd - I really don't know what the problem might be :(

I can only suggest you drop the guys and girls at the Rockband Forums a line and see if anyone there can help answer your queries.
Embarrassingly, I have now fixed the issue...by...erm...."cough"....not cheating.
LaceSensor wrote:
Embarrassingly, I have now fixed the issue...by...erm...."cough"....not cheating.

Hmmmm?

Explanations, please, mister :smug:
Mimi wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

Hmmmm?

Explanations, please, mister :smug:

on the start screen do red - yellow - blue - red - red - blue - blue - red -yellow - blue

unlocks all songs.

im fucked if im paying £150 and not at least getting a taste of the tracks
Oh, hehe.

Ah well, I am glad that you've got it all sorted out now at least - I thought it seemed a bit odd :P
Mimi wrote:
Oh, hehe.

Ah well, I am glad that you've got it all sorted out now at least - I thought it seemed a bit odd :P

yeah had me stumped. I know you cant save with cheats on, but, as far as i know, all songs are unlocked for online freeplay anyway

that'll teach me to cheat I spose.
I didn't know that people still wrote the 'up, down, left, x, circle, X, right' type cheats into games any more!
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]