Dawn Of War multiplayer
Fun fun fun!
Anyone want to play?
I would if I had the game, and a pc or intel mac.

Why don't you CoD with us?

:luv:
Bored of FPSs at the moment, TBH.
Grim... wrote:
Bored of FPSs at the moment, TBH.

CoD with mates >>>> Everything else ever.
Stop finding ways for WK40K to cost me money, damn your eyes.
You can get it over Steam ;)
Can you? Shit, it appeals to my love and powerarmour and my love of not leaving the house.
Have you played it before? I'm not trying to cost you money or anything, but it's properly good.
Grim... wrote:
Have you played it before? I'm not trying to cost you money or anything, but it's properly good.
Only the demo, which I enjoyed. I came this close > < to buying one of the various boxsets a number of times.

Steam seems to have the game plus two expansions for $30, and it will run on my main laptop too (which only has a slightly meagre Geforce 6150). I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. Does anyone else want to play it? I have banned myself from more games, on the grounds I simply have too much to play, so I might not get this just now; but I could see me getting it in the future.
I downloaded it for the 2nd time through ("VARIOUS AND ABOVE BOARD RETAIL METHODS" - Cunt). Meh, again.
Hmmm... tempted, but meant to be saving money, not spending it...
I'll play Grim...!

I'll have to uninstall a game and reinstall it, due to my tiny but plucky hard disc (a mere 70gigs total, fact fans, of which I never have more than 20 gigs free) but I'll be there for it.

Of course, we really should be playing Company of Heroes multiplayer, which is even betterer, but I'm there for it. Ten o'clock it is!
I liked the basic DoW. I loved the enhanced campaign in Winter Assault. Anyone played the new expansion with the Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar?
Is the the 'Dark [something]' add-on?
Crusade, then there's Soul of War for the shitty pants Battle Sisters.
That's the one. I've got Dark Crusade.
The $30 pack on Steam comes with Dark Crusade and Winter something or other (Imperial Guard).
That's a pretty good deal. Plenty of hours worth there.
The guard are brilliant. Huge units with grenade launchers and BaneBlades for the win.
Grim... wrote:
That's a pretty good deal. Plenty of hours worth there.
I'm long on games and short on hours though!
Are we on then, Grim...?
Sure.
We could do a quick comp stomp to warm up then decide what we want to do after that. Anyone else?
Good plan. I assume it's easy to set up a game, I've not played multiplayer DoW before. Are you just going to set up a game with a handy BETEO title and password lock it?
Yes - we just need to know which server to log onto - I'll post it here before 10.
Gah - can't tonight. but when I get my wireless modem sorted out (ahem, Craster) I'd be well up for some DoW-age.
Let's meet in "The Veiled Region" - my username is 'Grimmeh'.
Well, I'll be back in there at 10:30. I'm going to have a quick practise.
Cheers mate, sorry about that. Just having to patch now, my computer crashed earlier. I think it's on its last legs. Should be able to coax a few games out of it though. If I disappear, it's because its crashed again and refusing to boot up again until its cooled down. :(

Anyway, give me ten minutes and I should be in hopefully. :)
Okay.
A few more people have showed up now, so the password will be 'excellent'.
Really sorry about this Grim...

I'm downloading the big patch, it's going to take half an hour. :(

Gagh, it's all very infuriating. Basically my computer happily plays games, and then half the time freezes when I exit them. I restart and get these artifacted lines everywhere the moment I've popped in my password and the desktop stops loading. I then have to leave it a while until it works again, anything between an hour and half a day. Fortunately I'll be getting a new computer in a month's time. Phewey.
Haha, no worries. I'll practise some more :)
Nearly there! Another ten minutes!
Patched up and ready to roll! :)
Get in there, son!
Grim... wrote:
Let's meet in "The Veiled Region" - my username is 'Grimmeh'.
Yay! We rock!

We laid down smack upon Chaos and Orcs alike, even if I couldn't get to grips with Eldar in the second game. Next time 1vs1, or Company of Heroes! :)
Game actually have it cheaper than Steam - game plus first two expansions for £15.
Craster wrote:
Game actually have it cheaper than Steam - game plus first two expansions for £15.
That's almost the same as Steam, which is $30 + VAT. I'd argue Steam is a lot more convenient, though, in terms of installing on multiple computers, and no CD-based copy protection. Is the Steam Cloud savegame backup thing running now?
Fuck me - just insstalled DoW on my laptop as I can't be arsed to plug in my desktop to the internet. 2 hours to patch the fucker. Christalmighty.
This is why Steam is ace. No worries about being massively out of date. With most games even if you install from scratch the patch is simply slipstreamed in.
I've ordered DoW and all of the expansion packs from Play. I'll be more than happy to join the multiplayer fun around August-ish when they arrive*

Or if I get lucky with it appearing, I'll kick anyones arse sooner.**

*Past Play delivery performance is no indicator of actual delivery time.
** Drunken confidence.
Sheepeh wrote:
This is why Steam is ace. No worries about being massively out of date. With most games even if you install from scratch the patch is simply slipstreamed in.

:this: Not to mention the excellence of having a virtual library of games, which you can take anywhere around the world with you, even if you enter the plane with only your clothes and pasport on you.

It's usually at this point that someone says something about 'What happens when the servers are turned off and you can't access them anymore?', which is as brilliant as argument as 'What happens when the grid is turned off?', to someone who has just replaced their candle-lit house with all new electrical wiring.

Plus, you can now gift people stuff over Steam. Surprising a gloomy loved one with a sudden rush of delightful Commander Keen nostalgia, theirs to keep, for only a couple of quid, with no tedious eBay twattery or waiting around? Excellence.
Bonus generic stupidity on Eurogamer talkbacks:

Idiot: "What if Valve as a company folds - I won't be able to re-download my games from them anymore! I'll never trust Steam - ever!"
Sense-man: "It's okay. Valve have publically stated in this linked statement that in the event of the company inexplicably folding, they will make abandonware all their games, and have emergency plans to keep Steam running in all events barring nuclear war or extinction-event pandemics."
Idiot: "But if Valve goes down, I won't be able to play my games anymore. No thanks, I'd prefer to keep my games on a solid medium that can't be taken from me by a fickle company!"
Sense-Man: *weeps*

Also:

Idiot: "If my internet goes down, I'll never be able to play these games again!"
Sense-Man: "Don't worry, you only have to authorise your game once on installation and then you can just access Steam's offline mode."
Idiot: "I'll never be able to play them again! Steam sux!111! OMG!! LOLZ"
I have to say, the boon of going to my girl's house, logging her Steam in as me and having all my games (and saves now, too!) right there...I'll happily pay a few more pounds for that over a boxed copy. Even though I know it's just bandwidth costs to Valve rather than a physical product.

It's all about the service, baby.

Also, the next person that uses the "If it gets turned off...DRM...blah blah..." and THEN buys a XBLAH game will be shot. Also Wii Shop. Also probably PSN. The Steam way only locks your games to YOU, rather than a platform or specific PC. This is way it should be. Yes.

Anyway, back to DoW - a game I tried the demo of and didn't really get on with and therefore don't own. CoH, though, yes. I shall get around to making nervouspete a very happy man sometime. And then play CoH with him.
Sheepeh wrote:
Also, the next person that uses the "If it gets turned off...DRM...blah blah..." and THEN buys a XBLAH game will be shot. Also Wii Shop. Also probably PSN. The Steam way only locks your games to YOU, rather than a platform or specific PC. This is way it should be. Yes..

Indeed! I for one am glad that I bought all of those DOS games that I continue enjoying playing today, thanks to the miracle of physical distribution. But as you say, back to the dow.
Sheepeh wrote:
I have to say, the boon of going to my girl's house, logging her Steam in as me and having all my games (and saves now, too!) right there...I'll happily pay a few more pounds for that over a boxed copy.

Steam is quite cheap. Often cheap then boxed copies... So win-win.
CUS wrote:
Sheepeh wrote:
Plus, you can now gift people stuff over Steam.

Yes - I've still got a copy of Half Life 2 - Episode 1 going spare if anyone wants it.
Page 1 of 3 [ 142 posts ]