Design-me-do
Remember that actually coding the stuff in the first place takes time - you can copy and paste it into later jobs.
Advice for people so they don't get stung by Print / Web Designers:

Ask to see samples of previous work and get an estimate before you give them the go ahead.

Crazy, I know.
Mr Dave wrote:
Pod wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Pod wrote:
I couldn't do web design for a living.

Jesus, neither could I.

£1250 for a single site? Not a living? That's 15 sites a year to get the average uk salary. 15 sites in 365 days! Piss easy. Thought I imagnie finding gullable punters is the hard part, right?

I think what he's getting at is that he does the coding, not the design.

I could be wrong, but that's what I've done on a few sites. Left the design to other people.

This. Also, I've got a real 9-5 (well, 9-5:30. Does anyone actually work 9-5 any more?) job to go to, too.

[edit]Hang on, where did £1250 come from?
Grim... wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Pod wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Pod wrote:
I couldn't do web design for a living.

Jesus, neither could I.

£1250 for a single site? Not a living? That's 15 sites a year to get the average uk salary. 15 sites in 365 days! Piss easy. Thought I imagnie finding gullable punters is the hard part, right?

I think what he's getting at is that he does the coding, not the design.

I could be wrong, but that's what I've done on a few sites. Left the design to other people.

This. Also, I've got a real 9-5 (well, 9-5:30. Does anyone actually work 9-5 any more?) job to go to, too.

[edit]Hang on, where did £1250 come from?

viewtopic.php?p=1050#p1050
Short version, someone took ComicalGnome's best ever pay packet and used that as the basis for an average calculation.
Page 2 of 2 [ 56 posts ]