Xbox 360 Obscure Night
An idea, a proposal!
Looking through my game shelf, I have many awesome games that simply don't get a look in any more due to COD4, and Forza amongst others. We played Flatout the other week and it was loads of fun, but lacking a proper structure we don't seem to be getting round to doing it again.

So, a little idea popped up in to my head...would people be willing to have a night set aside, similar to Forza Night, in which we rotated round the slightly more obscure games? As most of these games at below a tenner these days it'd be viable for most to pick them up on the offchance, too.

I'd suggest something like

Monday 16th, Flatout
Monday 23rd, Sega Rally
Monday 30th, Ridge Racer 6
etc

just on my shelf alone I have Halo 3, Burny Pee, The Darkness, Prey, Shadowrun (hey, I didn't buy it!), Saint's Row, PGR3...none of them getting play time.

I don't mind being Mother for games I own, and of course the night is open to discussion...
Ooh, yes. I forgot about XBLAH games. This is a most excellent addition.
Might be time to pick up that £10 Sega Rally from Blockbusters.

Is it 6/8 player online?
This is a Good Idea. I also nominate Doom, it being the only game so far discussed I have. But then I don't think it necessarily has to be all of us in one game -- after all, if we all had it, the game wouldn't be obscure! Perhaps it is enough for us all to try and play together a bunch of different obscure games.
Zardoz wrote:
Might be time to pick up that £10 Sega Rally from Blockbusters.

Is it 6/8 player online?

6, I believe. (I could just look at the box, but its literally feet away from me).
But ObsCure wasn't on the 360!
Sega Rally's box says 6.

Yeah, DickyGaywood, the idea is that the games will be cheap enough for people to pick up if they want to join in, but not everyone will be playing every game, I wouldn't think.

If everyone suggests a list of games they'd like to play, and a night they can make available, I'll see about drawing up a plan of action.
MrD wrote:
But ObsCure wasn't on the 360!

Damn.. beat me to it.
I also nominate FlatOut: UC and ShadowRun and Prey. Everyone* go and buy Prey! It's only about £5 now.

* who likes Quake-style FPS.
If it's a day that isn't Tuesday I dare say I could make an appearance or two.
Brian Lara International Cricket? Team Fortress 2?

Only joking.
myoptika wrote:
Brian Lara International Cricket? Team Fortress 2?

Only joking.

I'm up for the cricket :)
Myp, if you want to nominate Cricket, this is the place to do it...not sure how many participants you'll get, mind ;)
myoptika wrote:
Brian Lara International Cricket?
Only joking.

I know you've criticised this game but I think I'm going to end up getting it anyway as there's not an awful lot of choice when it comes to cricket games.

I'd suggest Tetris Evolution but every time I've played that online I'd have had my arse utterly kicked so I fear my skills are lacking...
devilman wrote:
myoptika wrote:
Only joking.

I know you've criticised this game but I think I'm going to end up getting it anyway as there's not an awful lot of choice when it comes to cricket games.

I'm not the one criticising it. I've got 650 gamer points on the bloody thing. ;)
myoptika wrote:
devilman wrote:
myoptika wrote:
Only joking.

I'm not the one criticising it. I've got 650 gamer points on the bloody thing. ;)

Oh.. wasn't it you that said it was far too easy?
That sounds like a fine idea. Do any of the cars in Sega Rally "Do the Kangaroo"?
Only if Pundy is playing ;)
I like stuntman ignition.
But we don't hold that against you.
I too like Stuntman Ignition.

But I do suck at it. So much so that I'm still playing the demo - whilst my copy sits 200 miles away. Grrr.
Stuntman Ignition is Rick Dangerous with cars.
I'd be up for this, sounds similar to an idea Lave put up in the PA forums not too long back.

I would put forth Earth Defence Force but it isn't multiplayer online, is this a requirement?
Mr_Grinch wrote:
I would put forth Earth Defence Force but it isn't multiplayer online, is this a requirement?

Erm, unless you're inviting us round, then yes. yes it is.
I like that it looks as if Mr_Grinch is fisting Dudley.
Pundabaya wrote:
Mr_Grinch wrote:

You're welcome but it'd be a hell of an expensive trip. I'll give you a free beer though.
Argh! He's fisting me now!
Dimrill wrote:
I like that it looks as if Mr_Grinch is fisting Dudley.

You look quite nonchalant about it though.
devilman wrote:
myoptika wrote:
devilman wrote:
myoptika wrote:
Only joking.

Oh.. wasn't it you that said it was far too easy?

Against the computer it is very easy but I've no idea what it plays like against human opposition. I'd like to give it a go.
Mr_Grinch wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
Mr_Grinch wrote:

You're welcome but it'd be a hell of an expensive trip. I'll give you a free beer though.

Ah yeah, Mr Grinch's request isn't as left field as you think as he is referencing an epic thread I used to run about single player games. Twas awesome. Oh here it is:

Lave's Sunday Traditional Game Club - of Great Repute - For the busy Penny Arcade Gentleman*.

But it took too much work.
It's easy when you're as good as me. The only time I struggle is when I'm someone like Holland against Australia. Trying to play Test matches is useless, as the AI always looks to play attacking shots, and you can usually bowl them out for 200-odd after 20 overs. ODIs and Twenty20s can be fun though. Multiplayer is good - myself and Curio have had some good matches.

It also supports four players, so it's up to you guys if anyone's up for it. I would not recommend it for anyone who doesn't like cricket, natch, but if you have a passing interest in the sport, this is cheap enough to be worthwhile.
I'm up for this. I have all of the games mentioned barring TD:U and Prey, but I'll pick those up!
myoptika wrote:
I would not recommend it for anyone who doesn't like cricket, natch

Like you.
Bomberman and Streets of Rage II are games I'd like to play with my Bezzie Mates.
Then nudge me during the day you scraggy bearded arse.
Ok, you scraggy-arsed beard.
Not tomorororow though, Mommy's taking me shopping for hoses! SQUUUUUUEEEEE!
Crikey, is it time for your bath already? June seems to come sooner ever year.
Mr Dave wrote:
myoptika wrote:
I would not recommend it for anyone who doesn't like cricket, natch

Like you.

I love it!
jonarob wrote:
TD:U

Yes you will.

A used Prey is £7.99 in the Buy one, get one half price promo in GAME btw. TDU is £14.99.
I may have to pick up TD:U over the weekend.

So, does anyone have a problem with Mondays? Over the weekend I'll take a list of games people want vs how many people can play and hopefully make a little Obscur-o-calendar for the next month or so. Gives people time to pick up any games they might want to join in with.
How much is a live account these days?
Mr Chris wrote:
How much is a live account these days?

There was a £30 link in the bargains thread a few days ago, or PC World will do you one for £35 if you order online to collect in store.
Both for 12 months.
30 for 12 months? Fuck.

I thought it was like 15 a month.

Ok. I'm trying to get a second hand 360 now.
Go Go Mr.Chris!

Mr.Chris, if you can get to a Makro next Wednesday, there's a super special offer on Xbox 360 Arcades. Less than 200 of your Earth Sponds.
I'm looking at more of 100 to 150 of my sponds. Am I being silly, even for second hand?
Gamestation will do you a pre-owned 360 with hard drive for £170. Less if you only want the Arcade. But you really do want the hard drive, trust me.
Mr Chris wrote:
I'm looking at more of 100 to 150 of my sponds. Am I being silly, even for second hand?

You might get lucky on Ebay.
Page 1 of 4 [ 165 posts ]