Path of Exile
Craster wrote:
So, this is the thread about Path of Exile. There would be a few more posts in here, but Curio appears to have made them magically vanish. So, er - go get Path of Exile. It's a free MMO dungeon crawler thingy.

http://www.pathofexile.com

5.34%!

Free thing? *snaffle*
Edited: To make it make some fucking sense.
It's good fun! I've got no social life so I'll be up for a wander tonight.
Me either and Mrs T is away till sunday...
I'm actually away all weekend but will crank it up at the first opportunity.

16% is avg 800kb/sec good?
This is a bit good :)
Trooper wrote:

Right? What are you?
Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Right? What are you?

It's complicated...

I'm a twin sword duelist, who uses a bow and raises an army of the dead, while wearing soft slippers, leather hats and chainmail.
The unrestricted skill based character model is great :D

Interesting trade based loot mechanism. The game itself needs polish, but i'm enjoying it so far. I'm only using a bow as I found a yellow one, which had great stats, so I assume that is pretty rare, as it had a name and everything.
I hope you can buy more pack space at some point, as it runs out very quick.
either this is d/l very fast, or I am not d/l 6gb. It is "allocating space" but I don't have % completion meter :/

Oh my god, it just took 20 minutes to allocate the space before it started downloading! WTF?
Jesus, that skill tree! :blown:
I am Spuggle. You appear to have to add people by character name rather than account name.
Well, that tool half an hour, but it is downloaded!
I am Father Bloopy
I am a shadow called DoctorCuriosity
I'm PointyDave the duelist.
I have no idea what I'm doing
Apparently I joined the wrong league, so couldn't play with others.

So I created a new character.

CrastersMum
Except you still did it wrong, because you're a penis.
Cras wrote:
Except you still did it wrong, because you're a penis.

CrastersMum is a penis!

My third character, BobbysMum is doing much better.
Grim..., did that work?
Nope, huh.

We had a quest to find the "Allflame" for a sailor man. Bobby found one and so did I, oddly. He gave his to the sailor man and the sailor man vanished - now I'm stuck with an Allflame I can't remove from my inventory and a quest I can't complete.

To the bug reportatron!

Other than that, most fun. Bobby's man is a fucking badass!
Aha, I can CTRL+Click the entrance to generate a new instance.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/52454

I'll give it a shot.
Grim... wrote:
Nope, huh.

We had a quest to find the "Allflame" for a sailor man. Bobby found one and so did I, oddly. He gave his to the sailor man and the sailor man vanished - now I'm stuck with an Allflame I can't remove from my inventory and a quest I can't complete.

To the bug reportatron!

Other than that, most fun. Bobby's man is a fucking badass!

The quest I did with Bobby largely involved me firing arrows from a distance, and then running away while Bobby smashed them all to bits.
I'm getting pretty hard now - Fraulein Zappy can control ten undead monsters at once and is becoming a bit of a beast with the fire spells.

I find it hard keeping an eye on the health bar, though - often I die without realising I was that badly hurt.
what league is everybody in?
"Standard" on the Europe server.
Grim... wrote:
"Standard" on the Europe server.

And I accidentally have two in the 'Anarchy' one.
this is ace, why is it free?
What level is everybody? I'm L13 and not far away from finishing Act 1.
16, I think. About to do Mervail.
18! I've cleared act 1 now.
Thread split, modz?
Yeah. I'm in the pub. Probably tomorrow.
I split some of the posts... but am not sure where they ended up.
This is great fun. I'm a walking fire powerhouse now, and if the fuckers resist fire, I've got handy split electrified poisoned arrows to fire at them instead.

And I can have 13 undead buddies, now. And they cause lightning damage :D
I jump on people's heads. A lot.
You should change the topic title.
Cras wrote:

It's a-me!
Cras wrote:

oh so that was you, makes it hard to know what to hit what with Grim...s 1500 zombies milling about and you bouncing up and down in the middle of it all. I'm off to do some plumbing then I'll see if I can't level my guy a bit.
That's why I have an attack where I jump up and down on people a lot. Makes targetting a LOT easier :) I have two specials - jump slam and swing my swords in a circle. Both mean I can avoid having to actually click on bad guys, which is useful when using a trackpad.
Against my better judgement, downloading now.

It's pretty quick to do that, at least.
What the hell happened to this thread? Where are my posts. I demand transparency!
Does this game get any harder in act 2? I'm basically a 1 hit war machine at the moment, I've only died twice and those were both due to not paying attention.
you need to party up, the monsters get harder. Also, not really. What DPS are you?
I have no idea what's going on.
See the bad guys? Hit them with your stick.
Bobbyaro wrote:
you need to party up, the monsters get harder. Also, not really. What DPS are you?

:shrug: I just click buttons, I'm not reading no stinking stats.
Page 1 of 2 [ 80 posts ]