Official Sony list of current Instant Game Collection titles.Latest service updates
Entering PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Battlefield 3 [PS3]
3rd July: Payday: The Heist [PS3]
3rd July: Saints Row the Third [PS3]
3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus [Vita]
3rd July: Unit 13 [Vita]
Entering PS Plus in July/August:
31st July: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
31st July: Mafia 2 (PS3)
31st July: Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
31st July: Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita)
31st July: When Vikings Attack! (Vita)
One of the nice things about games like BF3 going into Plus is you'll have a decent chance of playing it with your mates, because everyone will have it.Overview of service
You pay a sub (£12/3mo, £40/yr) and you get access to:
- Instant Game Collection -- "free" games. These come and go from the service, each game having a window during which you can download it.
- Games are for PS3, Vita, and (one day) PS4. One sub gets all of them.
- Most games come and go on a monthly basis.
- Some games last an entire year. The current PS3 annual titles are Little Big Planet Karting, XCOM, and Uncharted 3.
- The games are a mixture of released-on-disc titles, typically 1-2 years old, and smaller PSN digital download titles, sometimes older but sometimes brand new. You always get one disc-type game per month, minimum, and often two or three.
- Some of the digital games are cross-play, and work on both Vita and PS3.
- Once you download a game, it's yours to play as long as your PS+ sub lasts -- it doesn't stop working once the window for that game closes. You can also delete them from your PS3 and download them again later.
- Each game works on up to two PS3s or two Vitas, or two of each for cross-play games.
- Games can be played on any account on the two consoles you download it on. If you have PS+ and your significant other doesn't, they can still play your PS+ games.
- Discounts: each month, PS+ owners get (sometimes very steep) discounts on various things in the PSN store. Often, this will be DLC for the free game.
- You also get cloud save syncing for Vita and PS3.
- The PS3 also grows an auto-update ability. It'll turn itself on overnight and download game and system patches.
You might like the excellent PS+ FAQ on rllmuk
Can you still play the July games once they've "left"?
If you've already 'purchased' them, then yes. They stay linked to your account until you unsubscribe from PS+.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Also, if your sub lapses and then later you resubscribe, the games come back.