The PS Plus thread
FAQ & links in first post
I cancelled my preorder for the new Batman game when I purchased GTAV.
Remember Me & Metal Gear Rising are two that I would have played at some point. Stupid value for money PS+
gospvg wrote:

For the first time ever I actually fancy playing a GTA game so it's on The List but the Batman games are some of my favourite shit ever so everything gets cleared for Batman. The only time that wouldn't be true is if a Batman game ever clashed with a Portal game or maybe a never-likely-to-happen-anyway sequel to Deadly Premonition.

gospvg wrote:
Remember Me & Metal Gear Rising are two that I would have played at some point. Stupid value for money PS+

I've only got a three month membership to PSN+ which I cashed in to play ICO and SotC; I don't intend to renew it when it finishes because I've got too many games on disc to play already without throwing more 'free' ones onto the pile. I'll start playing Remember Me now though as it's free and just drop it for Batman when it comes out. If I like it I can always pick it up again later and if it's shit then it's cost me nothing to try it out! I might well pick up PSN+ again when I get a PS4 as I'll be starting from scratch again but for this gen I've already got more games than I've got time to play.
Bamba wrote:
gospvg wrote:

For the first time ever I actually fancy playing a GTA game so it's on The List but the Batman games are some of my favourite shit ever so everything gets cleared for Batman. The only time that wouldn't be true is if a Batman game ever clashed with a Portal game or maybe a never-likely-to-happen-anyway sequel to Deadly Premonition.

gospvg wrote:

I've only got a three month membership to PSN+ which I cashed in to play ICO and SotC; I don't intend to renew it when it finishes because I've got too many games on disc to play already without throwing more 'free' ones onto the pile. I'll start playing Remember Me now though as it's free and just drop it for Batman when it comes out. If I like it I can always pick it up again later and if it's shit then it's cost me nothing to try it out! I might well pick up PSN+ again when I get a PS4 as I'll be starting from scratch again but for this gen I've already got more games than I've got time to play.

Until the PS4 & Watch_Dogs I expect to be spending most of my evenings playing XCom & GTA V on-line. Batman & Deus EX Directors Cut Edition were on pre-order but having cancelled them both I will now wait till next year before picking them up.

Thankfully I do not have that many games on disc left to play only Mass Effect 2 & 3, Army of Two (Third Game I forget the name) & Rayman Origins/Legends.

Next gen I will only be buying one game at a time for the PS4 all other games will come via PS+
gospvg wrote:
Next gen I will only be buying one game at a time for the PS4 all other games will come via PS+

This is pretty much my plan. This gen every time I saw a decent deal on something that was on my 'to play' list I'd pick its straight up but it's fucking pointless; you just end up with a backlog of stuff you never get through and don't really save any money anyway (because if you wait until you're actually ready to play something it's older and cheaper than any 'deal' would ever have been anyway). So, yeah, only actually buy games as I need them and maybe get a PSN+ sub to mean I don't even need to do that very often.
Bamba wrote:
RuySan wrote:
I hope the game flops. Not out of spite or anything, but the sooner these "games"stop being made, more money goes out to more worthwhile projects.

Conversely I quite like interactive fictions and not-game games and think there's plenty enough room in this medium for all sorts of stuff to be made without anyone losing out or anything to be considered more worthwhile than anything else; especially as 'worthwhile' is so open to interpretation that it's utterly meaningless in this context. Things simply have to be good at whatever they're trying to do is all, and it doesn't sound like this is.

There are some great examples of interactive fiction in the indie scene. Kentucky Route Zero, Gone Home, Dear Esther or even The Walking Dead. I think the games should embrace their medium and explore new art styles or narration methods.

Really what's the point of having big name actors like Ellen Page and Williem Dafoe on it? Specially their faces. Video Game designers can make all new characters with the appearance they want, yet this guy David Cage settles for faces everyone knows so well.
RuySan wrote:
Really what's the point of having big name actors like Ellen Page and Williem Dafoe on it? Specially their faces. Video Game designers can make all new characters with the appearance they want, yet this guy David Cage settles for faces everyone knows so well.

Well there's possible practical considerations here because they're physically mapping the faces of those specific actors so to then make the face 'be' someone else is probably harder than just letting it be who it already is.

That aside though, if you've hired these known actors to come in and do the physical/voice work why wouldn't you then use their appearance? It appeals to people for the same reason certain actors will sell a film by being in it, which is even more attractive when your entire game is trying to be about narrative and story telling and all that 'filmic' stuff. Hell, they even did one of the first public showings of the game at a film festival so that's obviously the kind of direction they were looking to take it in. There's less of an argument in doing this for a game where an actor only lent their voice to the character but for something like this with the whole body and face mapping thing it makes more sense I think.
Bamba wrote:
gospvg wrote:

This is pretty much my plan. This gen every time I saw a decent deal on something that was on my 'to play' list I'd pick its straight up but it's fucking pointless; you just end up with a backlog of stuff you never get through and don't really save any money anyway (because if you wait until you're actually ready to play something it's older and cheaper than any 'deal' would ever have been anyway). So, yeah, only actually buy games as I need them and maybe get a PSN+ sub to mean I don't even need to do that very often.

You getting a PS4 on release?
gospvg wrote:
Bamba wrote:
gospvg wrote:

You getting a PS4 on release?

Nah; I'm going to wittle down my backlog of PS3 games to only the stuff I'm properly really interested in playing and prioritise those over the Xbox games on my list (as I'm definitely not getting an Xbone). Once I've played everything on the PS3 I care about I can swap that out directly for a PS4 and leave the Xbox where it is. I'm in no rush as it'll inevitably take a while to build up a decent list of games I'm interested in.
Big sale on at the moment and includes a number of things which are crossbuy - so for example if you are a PS+ member you can pick up Hotline Miami for PS3 and for PSVita for a grand total of £2.43 , or Guacamelee! for about £5.50

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/ ... is-week-2/

Quote:
Alien Breed
Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.51/£2.85
Additional 25% discount for PS Plus members

Guacamelee!
Was €12.99/£9.99, now €8.05/£6.19
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Hotline Miami
Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.24

Hustle Kings Complete

The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
Was €29.99/£19.99, now €20.09/£13.39

Knytt Underground
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Pinball Arcade
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Ratchet & Clank: QForce (PS Vita)
Was €14.99/£11.99, now €10.04/£8.03

Sound Shapes

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €7.99/£6.39

Superfrog HD
Was €7.99/£6.49, now €5.99/£4.86

Top Darts
Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.24

When Vikings Attack
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €5.99/£4.79

When Vikings Attack Special Edition
Was €12.99/£9.99, now €7.01/£5.39

Sound Shapes DLC:

’80s Sound Pack
Was €0.99/£0.79, now €0.49/£0.39

8-Bit Sound Pack

Acoustic Sound Pack

Car Mini-Album and Entity Pack
Was €1.49/£1.19, now €0.74/£0.59

Drum Kits Sound Pack

Dubstep Sound Pack

Cross-Buy through PS3 only

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time(PS3)
Was €29.99/£19.99, now €20.09/£13.39
I have a question and wonder if anyone knows the answer. Here's the scenario.

I have my friends account on my PS3 as he has paid for PS+ for a year but his PS3 broke. I'm not a member of PS+ but I use his account to download the free games for when his PS3 is fixed.

Would I be able to download Superfrog using his account, but then gift it to my account so I can play it and not lose it when I eventually give his account back.
Do you know that PSN supports gifting at all? I've certainly never heard of it and a quick Google just shows other people asking about it.
gospvg wrote:
In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
23rd October: Far Cry 3
23rd October: Mafia 2
23rd October: Spec Ops The Line (NBA 2K13 in UAE)
23rd October: Street Fighter X Tekken
23rd October: Touch My Katamari
Entering PS Plus:
23rd October: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
23rd October: Remember Me
23rd October: Oddworld Strangers Wrath
23rd October: MotorStorm RC

I didn't see any of this yesterday when I looked but today it's here!

I really really want to play MGS:R.

And the PS:V offering has the awesome O:SW:HD which is V.G. ...ood.
Saturnalian wrote:
gospvg wrote:
In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
Entering PS Plus:

I grabbed Remember Me yesterday but I suspect I won't get a chance to play it before my PSN+ sub runs out now that Arkham Origins is here.
Guacamelee's developer seemed to think the game was going to be free on PS Plus yesterday. I wonder if it's been delayed as the game is in a sale at the minute. That sale runs out on the 30th so it might be a treat on Halloween.
Remember Me? Probably not now I've deleted you. Awful.
Bamba wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
gospvg wrote:
In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
Entering PS Plus:

I grabbed Remember Me yesterday but I suspect I won't get a chance to play it before my PSN+ sub runs out now that Arkham Origins is here.

You not renewing your sub?
Saturnalian wrote:
Remember Me? Probably not now I've deleted you. Awful.

I've not played it yet but thought it looked ok, what did you not like?
1) environments 2) voice acting 3) Gears of War finger in ear 4) camera 5) combo system 6) fighting 7) noises whilst fighting 8) camera + environments 9) crap parkor 10) too average by half.
gospvg wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
gospvg wrote:
In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
Entering PS Plus:

It was just a free three month voucher I used to play Ico and Sotc; I've got so many boxed games to play through that I don't need it at the moment and it would be a waste of money. I'll resub when I get a PS4 no doubt.
Saturnalian wrote:
1) environments 2) voice acting 3) Gears of War finger in ear 4) camera 5) combo system 6) fighting 7) noises whilst fighting 8) camera + environments 9) crap parkor 10) too average by half.

Ouch !! Lots of bad points will give it a go after Batman
Bamba wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
gospvg wrote:
In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
Entering PS Plus:

It was just a free three month voucher I used to play Ico and Sotc; I've got so many boxed games to play through that I don't need it at the moment and it would be a waste of money. I'll resub when I get a PS4 no doubt.

Yep fair point I had a stack of boxed games but either sold most of them on or completed them. Now I just stick with PS+ or the odd boxed game I purchase like Batman.

If you're not getting the PS4 on release you'll miss out on the PS+ games from release. With the PS4 the PS+ games are going to be my main source for games I'm only going to be buying one boxed game at a time. No more shelves full of games I'm never going to get the time to play.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. ;)
Saturnalian wrote:

I agree with this.

Main problem is the camera, how close it is to the . Also the plot, the ridiculous terms held within and so on.
It's time for me to pick up the mantle of Greatest Forumite and provide breaking news about the IN's and OUT's of PS Plus. Prepare for a list:

Leaving PS+ on 27 November:

Metal Gear Revengence (ace this)
Jak and Daxter Trilogy (the first one is ace, the rest garbage)
Motorstorm RC (I haven't had much time to play this but it's nice but I can't find a camera setting that works for me, despite there being a fair few camera options)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath (I can't be arsed to play it again, but it's ace)

Entering PS+:
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Trooper loved this, I believe. So it must be easy ;) )
Contrast (My TV has this already)
GRID 2 (A. Car. Game)
Guacamelee (Worth your time. It's ace. I finished it, y'know)
GTA Liberty City Stories (Say whut!)
RESOGUN (Never heard of it but it looks like a very nice looking side scrolling SHUMP).

So there you go: Informative and eductational. Zaphod, hand me your crown, I'm the new king of the informative list.
Actually, I'm not sure Contrast and RESOGUN are for PS3.

I think they're PS Fo', only.

EDIT: Yup, confirmed.
Saturnalian wrote:
Entering PS+:
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Guacamelee (Worth your time. It's ace. I finished it, y'know)
GTA Liberty City Stories (Say whut!)

Have been tempted to buy these recently, so excellent news.

Looking forward to playing Resogun on PS4 too - Super Stardust was excellent.
Contrast is a puzzle game which sounds a bit like Endochrome, which I've never played but always fancied. Apparently it's the replacement for Driveclub.
Im playing Grid 2 on the PC at the moment, it's good fun with a wheel setup.
Trooper wrote:

The first game was terrible, so I don't have high hopes.
SilentElk wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Well, it's worse than the first game :D

However it feels great drifting the muscle cars down a winding clifftop road if you have a wheel to use.
Trooper wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Well, it's worse than the first game :D

However it feels great drifting the muscle cars down a winding clifftop road if you have a wheel to use.

I play arcade driving games with a pad as using them with a wheel feels odd. I only tend to play sims with a wheel.
I've always had suspicions about people who have wheels for consoles...
TheVision wrote:

That they like driving games?
Good job my wheel is connected up to my PC then ;)
Trooper wrote:
Good job my wheel is connected up to my PC then ;)

Mine is normally, except for GT5.
TheVision wrote:

You're much better off using an actual console for your console.
SilentElk wrote:
I only tend to play sims with a wheel.

That's the one game that should be played with a mouse.

See what I did there Beex? Yeah, I'm, like, totally one of you now.
I'm really proud of you.
I'm surprised Steam hasn't jumped on this bandwagon yet.
Grim... wrote:

Making terrible jokes?
Grim... wrote:

Charging £40 a month for online play and 'free' games every month? Err, would rather they didn't.

The stuff in their sales is so cheap, it's almost free anyway. ;)
Saturnalian wrote:
Great Vagina Sisters is utter gash.

Having just tried it, I have to concur.

Too complicated visuals means no idea if the platform you're jumping on actually exists, will kill you or is fine, or enemies go unnoticed. Not much fun.
You both clearly have no taste. It's one of the best platformers since forever.
You can add the PS4 PS+ games to your download queue :)
Is there a way to "purchase" the "free" PS+ games for PS4, even if you don't have one? Like the Vita ones?
lasermink wrote:
Is there a way to "purchase" the "free" PS+ games for PS4, even if you don't have one? Like the Vita ones?

Yes - just go to their page / add them to your basket and checkout

Resogun : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... lus-latest

Contrast : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... lus-latest
zaphod79 wrote:
lasermink wrote:

Yes - just go to their page / add them to your basket and checkout

Resogun : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... lus-latest

Contrast : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... lus-latest

Nice, thank you!
I'm assuming this will go live later today

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/ ... ion-store/

Quote:
12 Deals of Christmas returns to PlayStation Store!

Hi everyone! It’s that time of year again when Santa gets his sleigh ready to deliver all the goodies he has been preparing and at PlayStation Store we are no different. What better way to celebrate this festive period than by delivering some great savings on a range of the very best games?

Starting on 1st December, every 48 hours we’ll post two new discounts, one for PS3 and one for PS Vita (so 24 game discounts in total across the month), as well as some great savings on movie rentals. PS Store really is your one stop shop for full on, action packed entertainment, up to and over the festive period. Make sure you keep checking PlayStation Blog for details of every deal as soon as they hit the store.

The first deal starts this Sunday 1st December so make sure you grab it before it vanishes quicker than the last mince pie! We’ll be back on the day to unwrap the first treat!

In the meantime, just for a little bit of fun, why not try and guess what the first one will be?

Wow, I really do not care for GRID 2.
Is that the twat from SSX spurring you on?

*passes a lot of static scenery*

"Everyone is cheering you on, man"

Oh do fuck off.
Page 5 of 31 [ 1501 posts ]