The PS Plus thread
FAQ & links in first post
I could be tempted by some Titanfall 2 MP before my PS+ sub runs out (this time for good).
Mine runs out next month. I need to renew.
There were some nice blackfriday deals on psplus.. hope you got one
Where is the best place to get ps plus 12 months?
MaliA wrote:
Hartlepool

Monkey Hangers Emporium ?
That Monster MX thing is shit. Titanfall 2 is brilliant, at least play the campaign, it is awesome. Jumped back on Multi, did ok.
Quote:
February’s loaded with not two, not three, but potentially up to five free PS Plus games! BioShock: The Collection contains three legendary first-person adventures, The Sims 4 gives you creative control over reality itself, Firewall Zero Hour offers engaging, online multiplayer* for PS VR owners.

Firewall’s multiplayer needs a real kick up the arse. It’s alright but there’s only one round per match (wtf) and a LOT of waiting about. It’s ace when it works but it really needs matches lasting longer and having multiple rounds. It doesn’t even have a typical death match mode with respawns - you die you’re out and have to wait until the end and then it’s back to the lobby.

And you’ve got to have the plaggy tube to play it
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/possib ... ed-3413161

Quote:

PS plus games for march 2020 - Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces

Fuck off Sonic, you don’t deserve equal billing with this masterpiece.
I quite liked Sonic Forces. It was alright.

It's the one where you get to make your own fursona... I mean "Original Character"
shadow of the colossus is one of those games i forgot to buy, so qwuite happy about this
It's another cracking PS Plus game, but unfortunately one that I own (though have yet to play).

Given my Playstation has started spitting disks out at random again*, this may actually be well-timed though.

*Anyone have a reliable solution to this? I've tried turning it off and on again.
Findus Fop wrote:
It's another cracking PS Plus game, but unfortunately one that I own (though have yet to play).

Given my Playstation has started spitting disks out at random again*, this may actually be well-timed though.

*Anyone have a reliable solution to this? I've tried turning it off and on again.

clean the eject button / make sure nothing is touching it or close to it ?
Findus Fop wrote:

There's a little screw that you can turn that is meast to fix it but it did sod all for mine, also some people suggest that removing one of the rubber feet worked for them, or doing something or other with sellotape. The thing that works for me is having the console sat on a game/DVD case, it'll work for months at a time and then it'll spit a disc and I just have to shuffle the console about a bit and it'll be fixed for months again :shrug:
I keep meaning to clean the fan out on my PS4 as it's very loud. Think I'll do that this weekend.
I will down load it and put it with the others I don’t have time to play.
April:

Uncharted 4 (Wow. Play the shit outta this)
Dirt Rally 2 (.0 for some reason)
Satsuma wrote:
April:

Uncharted 4 (Wow. Play the shit outta this)
Dirt Rally 2 (.0 for some reason)

Nice! Have neither of those.
I'VE ALREADY CLOCKED UNCHARTED BLOODY 4!!!

This is outrageous!
Zardoz wrote:
I'VE ALREADY CLOCKED UNCHARTED BLOODY 4!!!

This is outrageous!

So have I but it's making me consider a second playthrough.
With the 3 game collection earlier this year I'm a little Uncharted-out still.

Great game though.
I’m finding 2 a bit of a slog. The train section is a particularly egregious example of this.
Mr Chonks wrote:
I’m finding 2 a bit of a slog. The train section is a particularly egregious example of this.

You could just skip it and play the later, better games. Though I realise that would rob you of the chance to get heartily sick of it before you even get to experience the better installments.
Yeah, I got half way, possibly more on the third one and just lost interest. Only because I didn't have a break in between though.
Bamba wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

You could just skip it and play the later, better games. Though I realise that would rob you of the chance to get heartily sick of it before you even get to experience the better installments.

I really enjoyed the first game though, and if I’d followed your advice I wouldn’t have played that either.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

I really enjoyed the first game though, and if I’d followed your advice I wouldn’t have played that either.

Your logic's incredibly flawed there; anything I've done or said previously doesn't change one jot how much you're enjoying Uncharted 2.
Mini Kov wants spiderman, how come the prices are so high from the PS store.

Just ordered it from game, and saved £15
KovacsC wrote:

I guess because some people want things immediately and are happy to pay the premium. I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything on the PS store at full price.

Same with Nintendo. I don’t know about Xbox as I haven’t used one in eight years.
Yes, just seems a high instant tax.. I normally use the PS plus stuff.
I swear I’ve seen Spiderman heavily discounted on the store a few times. I’m sure it was about £10-15 sometime at the beginning of the year.
It was on 4 March: double discount sale - 70% off.

The prices bounce around anyway for older titles. If you wait long enough for a sale it’ll come back down.
Satsuma wrote:
It was on 4 March: double discount sale - 70% off.

The prices bounce around anyway for older titles. If you wait long enough for a sale it’ll come back down.

Cheers, just ordered form game... GOTY version
Did I hear somewhere that Spiderman was going to be a PS Plus game this month?
Joans wrote:

Its Uncharted and Dirt Rally this month
KovacsC wrote:

Online store prices are almost always massively more expensive, which has been true for like the last ten years. I'm surprised you're only just realising this.
zaphod79 wrote:
Joans wrote:

Oh right, I only downloaded those last night thinking they were still March's. No idea what I saw then.

I thought they updated on the second Tuesday of the month? Clearly I hardly use my PS4 anymore.
Joans wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Joans wrote:

Oh right, I only downloaded those last night thinking they were still March's. No idea what I saw then.

I thought they updated on the second Tuesday of the month? Clearly I hardly use my PS4 anymore.

Announcement: 1st April 2020

Release: 7th April 2020
Spiderman is on PSNow, if you get a free weeks trial you should be able to clock it for nmowt.
Pundabaya wrote:
Spiderman is on PSNow, if you get a free weeks trial you should be able to clock it for nmowt.

oh good call
Did you end up returning Spiderman, Kov? As it's just £12 on PSN at the mo:
Findus Fop wrote:
Did you end up returning Spiderman, Kov? As it's just £12 on PSN at the mo:

No it just arrived yesterday.

:edit - The GOTY is £20, not sure I be bothered for £8
Meh

https://twitter.com/playstationuk/statu ... 8799305729

Wow, that's fucking awful.
Cities: Skylines is good!
Cities is meant to be a very good old-style Sim City game.
I'm quite keen on both of those!
Page 29 of 31 [ 1501 posts ]