Boots-me-do
A thread about boots
I saw a guy yesterday wearing the most awesome boots ever. I wanted to ask him where he got them, but I couldn't pluck up the courage.

Anyway, after some googling around I found these which are very similar:

However, they have bright stitching and details, the ones he had on were sporting brown stitching (similar to the colour of the leather) which was much better. Anybody got any ideas about where I can get some? I've been after an awesome pair of boots for ages, but most seem to be of the pointy-toed variety. Unfortunately size 11 pointy-toed boots look ridiculous, no matter how tall you are.
They look a bit like Dessie boots which you'll get from any military surplus place. These

are from http://www.silvermans.co.uk for £24.99
Yeah, they are desert boots. BUT! I can't find any in the colour and style this particular gent had on :(
They look very like a pair of boots that my brother bought from Clarks at the end of last year, but his never had such a contrast in the stitching, as you say. Unfortunately you are just about as far away as the season for shops selling boots as you could possibly be at the moment, and though I just looked at the mens section of the online shop they have no boots in stock.

You shouldn't have wimped out of asking him where he got them, you probably would have made his day, and I tell someone if I like their hat/bag etc all the time, it just makes them happy :)
Good point. Jonny, I like your bag.
I had a pair of black square-toed Chelsea boots a couple years ago, and loved them so much that I wore them to death. I can't find a decent replacement anywhere.

Weep.

Also, boots are best - but not the military ones, they suck ass. And when I say ass, I don't mean donkey.
Hugh wrote:
Also, boots are best - the military ones, they kick ass.

FTFY
If you ever find shoes you really like, buy a hundred pairs because they'll inevitably stop selling them as soon as you leave the store.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Hugh wrote:

FTFY

I am currently awaiting the arrival of reproduction 19th Century brogans.

(EDIT: from the mail order company. Not awaiting the 19th Century. I might have missed that already)
Kern wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Hugh wrote:

FTFY

(EDIT: from the mail order company. Not awaiting the 19th Century. I might have missed that already)

Was it you who said you had started doing reinactment Kern? (sorry for derailing the thread a little)
Guilty as charged. I'm not sure if it's nerdier than table-top or not.
Kern wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Hugh wrote:

FTFY

I'm waiting for the 19th century, I don't like this one. C'mon time vortex, stop dicking around, take me!
Kern wrote:
Guilty as charged. I'm not sure if it's nerdier than table-top or not.

It's a hell of a lot of fun actually! I'm not a seasoned reinactor, but I post on a couple of forums and dress up and taunt the public occasionally, WW2 Womens battalian of Death am I.

*thrusts bayonet forward while grunting in an unladylike mannor*
I've just started American Civil War re-enacting - I play federal, because otherwise there would be nobody to shoot at. No matter how hard I try, it's obvious that the boots I've been wearing aren't period, but I'm stuck with them until the brogans arrive.*

Quote:
Womens battalian of Death

Sounds cool.

* Removing footwear from corpses is authentic behaviour, but frowned upon
Kern wrote:
Womens battalian of Death

Russion I forgot to mention - I look a bit evil in sepia phtos though. :S
Kern wrote:
Removing footwear from corpses is authentic behaviour, but frowned upon

The hardcore peeps are all for authenticity though ;)
Mimi wrote:
They look very like a pair of boots that my brother bought from Clarks at the end of last year, but his never had such a contrast in the stitching, as you say.

They sound like Clark's Desert Boots:
I've got a pair and they're very nice too, but I wouldn't actually recommend wearing them in the desert. I wore mine yesterday and I think perhaps due to the heat causing my feet to swell slightly (hello to anyone eating their breakfasts) they rubbed the mother of all blood blisters on my ankle.
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]