PS4 confirmed
That's what they're calling it
He doesn’t want a Switch he wants a PS4 Pro!
Satsuma wrote:
He doesn’t want a Switch he wants a PS4 Pro!

I hate you (for getting to this joke first)
Trooper wrote:
You don't see the point of asking if it worth the upgrade from the PS4 to the pro?

It is not.
Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
You don't see the point of asking if it worth the upgrade from the PS4 to the pro?

It is not.

It is known.
Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Console gaming is a very cheap hobby and for the amount of time you spend with games in general it seems mad not to spend a couple of hundred quid for nicer stuff.

It's cheap compared to helicopter flying or something but I think "very cheap" is stretching it.

For 'hours of entertainment per £' I'm not convinced anything can touch it.

Books?

Ass Creed Origins is on course to entertain me for 60 hours. It cost £17.

That’s more expensive than a book, and you don’t need to spend hundreds of pounds to read one either.

I’m being facetious rather than massively serious, of course. Books are insanely good value for money though.

You've spent more than 60 hours reading many books? Or, indeed, any?

Absolutely! Plus, to be a fair comparison, you’d need to buy £17 worth of books. Plus, to be even fairer you would need to also factor in the additional proportionate costs of the hardware. And that’s not even accounting for libraries, electricity, etc.
I am considerably more likely to re-read a book than I am to play a game. There's a number of books I've read half a dozen times.
I think it's a bit meaningless to even try compare things on a £/hr basis. Good art, entertainment, hobbies whatever are things that leave a lasting impression and affect you in some ways afterwards. I spent £200 to go paragliding down a mountain and it lasted for 15 minutes, that doesn't mean it was horrible value because it was an amazing experience that made a lasting impression. On the other hand I sometimes watch a film and it so utterly fails to make any impression that a couple of months later I couldn't actually say with any certainty whether I even saw it.
markg wrote:
I think it's a bit meaningless to even try compare things on a £/hr basis. Good art, entertainment, hobbies whatever are things that leave a lasting impression and affect you in some ways afterwards. I spent £200 to go paragliding down a mountain and it lasted for 15 minutes, that doesn't mean it was horrible value because it was an amazing experience that made a lasting impression. On the other hand I sometimes watch a film and it so utterly fails to make any impression that a couple of months later I couldn't actually say with any certainty whether I even saw it.

Also :this: but being sensible about things never did me any good (subs please check).
Sony have weirdly chosen now to release a version of the Remote Play app for iOS:

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/07/son ... -play-ios/

I really wish they'd just suck it up and release it for Android across the board as well.
I noticed this earlier, but can’t find it in the App Store.

-edit- I found it by finding another official PS app and then looking at other apps made by PlayStation Mobile.
Lonewolves wrote:
I noticed this earlier, but can’t find it in the AppStore.

This is usually stale caches in the search system. Play does the same thing. Either find a direct link to the app on Twitter/a news post/etc, or just wait a bit and it'll resolve itself.
I just tried a bit of Modern Warfare. It was laughable with touchscreen controls but it was responsive and looked/sounded good.
I’ve ordered a SteelSeries Nimbus to see what that’s like with it. If so I could live the dream of playing the PS4 upstairs on a 13” screen!
I've just tried it on the office iPad but it's so hilariously old that the app doesn't support the version of iOS it's running.
Bamba wrote:
I've just tried it on the Office iPad but it's so hilariously old that the app doesn't support the version of iOS it's running.

And then it trundled off on its wheels to talk to someone else?
Mr Dave wrote:
Bamba wrote:
I've just tried it on the Office iPad but it's so hilariously old that the app doesn't support the version of iOS it's running.

And then it trundled off on its wheels to talk to someone else?

Nah, it spends it's time plugged in and charging (except for during our morning scrum) because the battery life is so awful now so that keeps it from roaming around the place. Amusingly it's also now left with it's face turned to the wall because apparently someone recently connected to it and was creepily watching the folks it sits behind.
It is available for Android too. If you have a Sony Xperia. ;)
for the jeff minter fans... tempest 4000 now 66% off, making it a nice buy.... (even though not better than the vita version) or his lovely 360 game
Thank fucking Christ, I can now get my ex-girlfriend's name out of my PSN ID:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/first- ... il-3212391
Bamba's ex-girlfriend's name was in your PSN id?
Maybe it was me, all along!
If you like Left 4 Dead, 4 player coop and fast zombies this is getting some decent reviews and is based on a little known book and film.

Here’s a link to the Xbox video cause I’m too lazy to find the PS4 one.

It’s also on Xbox.
Satsuma wrote:
this is getting some decent reviews
Is it? Where? I've only seen reviews by YouTubers and Twitch streamers I've never heard of.
The little known film starring Brad Pitt.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
this is getting some decent reviews
Is it? Where? I've only seen reviews by YouTubers and Twitch streamers I've never heard of.

Answered your own question didn’t you.
So “shitty sources” then.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Depends who you follow, I guess. I like ACG and he rated it.
Grim... wrote:
"Little known" :D

You know I’m joking right? I know people here really like the book (myself included). Actually I don’t mind the film either for what it is.
Satsuma wrote:
I like ACG and he rated it.

I don't think he played much of it. Reading between the lines on twitter, and inferring from the total lack of any coverage on any mainstream game sites, it looks to me like the review codes only went out this morning.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

I don't think he played much of it.

I’ll ask him for you.
Satsuma wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Depends who you follow, I guess. I like Kwebbelkop and he rated it.

Edited for truth
Satsuma wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

I don't think he played much of it.

I’ll ask him for you.

And here’s what he says

Quote:
13 or 14 hours. Our codes were from 5 days ago. Also just from a cursery look it broke street date 7 days ago, was streamed that many days ago and I saw folks with over 40. I would say that person just has absolutely no idea or didn't think it was worth covering or some other issue. Of course their is the additional many pieces of coverage that has been done. So that person also doesn't seem to know how to use the internet well. Just checked 4 other youtubers and 1 website. All got them on thursday or friday.
Seems like a charming fellow.
That was nice of him to respond, wasn’t it?
I will certainly Remember To Click Like And Subscribe!
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

You’ll probably click the wrong button because you don’t know how to internet well.
Look at the trouble caused by talking with outsider folk!
Zardoz wrote:
Look at the trouble caused by talking with outsider folk!

I am looking forward to the next time Satsuma makes a Beex post with an off-the-cuff criticism of something so I can run and tell teacher on him.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Kick him off YouTube for not knowing when to use 'their'. Anyway, if we're to believe what he says - where are the reviews?

Satsuma wrote:
Grim... wrote:
"Little known" :D

You know I’m joking right?

I did not. That makes more sense now.
What's your PSN name?
Not got one man just literally ran down to Game and grabbed it. I live on the end of a high street now, and after seeing it on offer for £279 with all of the games apart from Resi I cracked. Been wanting one for ages... Was a tough decision going Xbox but I guess now I won't feel mad I bought the wrong console.

Wanted the Pro, but I found out that my 4k TV in the living room is like, "old 4k" so 27hz and the Xbox One X refuses to run at 4k, dropping to 1080p instead. So it totally wasn't worth getting a pro really.

I'll set it up a bit later after dinner :)
Finally got home yesterday and set it up.

Do like

It's nice and small and fits nicely under my TV on the stand.
It updated quickly and without fuss
Graphics are bloody great. Even moreso in Days Gone.
I like the charging aspect of the controller as I didn't have to spend another tenner + on batteries and a charger.
Sleep mode (rest mode?) Is pretty neat and you can charge the controller.

Don't like

The controller. I am hoping I can get used to it as I'm swerving all over the place on the bike in Days Gone.
30 FPS. I was hoping I wouldn't notice but I do :( that may be why I'm all over the place riding the bike. Thing is it seems fine on foot.

That's about all. Very happy I have it, can now play The Last Of Us Remastered and God Of War.
The rather lovely and super awesome The Messenger gets a free expansion. Mo peepo need to play someo dis yo.

It’s reduced on Switch again too.
£12’s a fucking amazing price for it.
I swear to god these new Messenger levels are goddamn infuriating. One section has taken 24 minutes to clear 5 screens and tried my sodding patience. Namely cause I was sometimes a bit shit. I thought my final run would be perfect and look awesome but of course I completely fluffed it and it looked extremely untidy as I was smashing all the buttons like a tit.

Great game though.
Page 50 of 52 [ 2598 posts ]