Tabletop wargaming - nerdlinging to the max...
and other sundry models

Do you play tabletop wargames?
No, of course not. Tabletop wargamers are so nerdy they make PC fanboys look cool and studly.  34%  [ 25 ]
Yes. I love my little painted figures. I give them all names and stroke them every night. I live for weapons damage charts.  5%  [ 4 ]
I used to, but discovered girls.  52%  [ 38 ]
What are you talking about?  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 72
That's a real crab claw too off of the beach.
Lovely spindly. Poor crab. I hope he'd left it in the crab charity shop.
Upped my weathering game thanks to Damien Pedleys tank gunk tutorial. Burnt umber oil paint watered down with white spirit, dried then taken back off with cloth.
Nice. Very dilute black oil in a single stroke down makes great rusty oil tracks from rivets etc.
Tempted to slather on Nihilakh Oxide on the window frames. I'm tempted to paint it on everything if I'm honest. It so good!!!
I would on the eeguls as they're most likely to be bronze, i fink.
A great new slathering opportunity!
Cras wrote:
Well these are great

From whence did those come? I must have.
Arrived today and he's a Big Ole Bhoy!
Blimey, yeah decent size! Are you going to base it?
Zardoz wrote:
Blimey, yeah decent size! Are you going to base it?

Prbabably. He came with little rocks for his feet to pose on.
Cor lookit these Divine Comedy minis!

https://aradiaminiatures.com/index.php? ... r=category

I'll ride the national express to see if my lovely horse wants some.
I met Neil Hannon at a cricket match a few years ago. He was really lovely and very tiny!
Dimrill wrote:
Cor lookit these Divine Comedy minis!

https://aradiaminiatures.com/index.php? ... r=category

I'll ride the national express to see if my lovely horse wants some.

They're good but THESE ARE THE BESTEST!!!
Can totally see Mimi choosing the Narwhal warrior :metul:
Only in the absence of a manatee with a morningstar.
I googled for some manatee models to see if they exist - it seems that they don't really, but I did find this - https://www.manateecountypageants.com/manatee-pageant

I'm not sure I'd want to be crowned "Miss Teen Manatee"
Mimi wrote:

Sorry, can only find a Manatee Warrior with a Daily Echo.
Mimi wrote:

A new warrior approaches!
Zardoz, this is absolutely the highlight of my week and no mistake. It’s brilliant. Thank you xxxx
Your juices be proper flowing the last few weeks, Z.
Ooh!

Looks like they may be starting up a sequel to Conquest. Maybe with the Spayyyyc Muhreeens and Necrons from the last boxset. There were some nice models in there I'll grab for a starter Dark Angels.
No doubt the first 3 issues will be MEGA VALUE, so I’ll Hoover them up.
The new Titan looks awesome.

Can't tell whether it has a Dave-like back balcony with a little man on yet.

Those new vampires look luverloi too.
GW Bloodbourne looks good.

You know though, I’m not a big fan of the big titans, the posses are always so static. I k ow there’s bound to be restrictions due to size but they always look like statues rather than things in motion to me.
I doubt such a thing would ever be made in 40k scale :( Although they have made ~£350,000 from the Forgeworld Warlord... Would be interesting to see what an Imperator/Emperor/Warmonger would look like. I think that thing is pushing what you can fit into a box. Dread to think how much it'll cost. IIRC the Warlords in Adeptus Titanicus are around 40k knight sized.
Yeah I know there’s restrictions. I just think back to the original Warhounds with their running into combat poses, so much character!
Like the Nundam model too :)
The lighter ones like the Warhound has potential to being made into that. I wouldn't trust my Warlord to stand on one foot. I can hear the several kilos of resin shattering.
Oh, absolutely. Just saying it’s a shame there’s no way of adding more action to them that’s all.
Maybe model them hopping over a building, destroyed enemy :)
You can move your head side to side pretty fast. The motion blur makes you feel you're in a toothless swordfight in Lord of the Rings.
Save that for Monday x
Picked up the paintbrush for the first time in months today. Get some of this bare resin base-coated at least. Well, that's the plan.
I hope there are others on here with a high enough nerd factor to appreciate that joke as much as I did.
Been sliding back into my unmade models recently so of course I started looking for more. Pulled the trigger on this Tamiya 1:35 Tank kit as it was only £12.99 delivered. What a lovely pile of plastic is is too. Makes me baulk at GWs prices for what you get here for the money and I'll bet a pot of Nuln Oil that it goes together beautifully with no errors in the instructions!

Now, do I build as is or kit bash this as something more Mecha...
It's a Tamiya, they're the swiss watches of model kits.
Ran out of chaos black spray. Of course due to Covid nowhere has any in stock, included Gamey Woikshorp itself. Some chancers flogging single bottles for 45 quid on eBay. Had a look at alternatives (not Army Painter, clogs up after three uses), and I ended up ordering myself some Hycote Matt Black. So far it's great! Doesn't go on thick (like Army Painter), and it's only 5 quid a bokkul!
I’ve used Hycote plastic primer(s) before, decent stuff. Few eBay sellers offer multi buy discount on them too.
Attachment:
86616775-EC1D-4267-9DC8-CCF23DB66B9E.jpeg
Zardoz wrote:
Pulled the trigger on this Tamiya 1:35 Tank kit...

Now, do I build as is or kit bash this as something more Mecha...

Well, the mecha side of this idea turned up today, but it's fully built and I can't bring myself to tear it apart!

Attachment:
Robot.jpg

Poor Warbot...

Attachment:
warbot.jpg

I'll have to order another, but not let this Warbot see the new Warbot.
I made a start on this tiny little RC SE5A yesterday:

Attachment:
se5a1.jpg

It will eventually look like this if all goes to plan:

Looks tidy! Does it run off those Hubsan type 2s sticks?
Is that foamboard?
Zardoz wrote:
Looks tidy! Does it run off those Hubsan type 2s sticks?

I think they're 1s but yeah the little things with the connectors on the end.
DavPaz wrote:
Is that foamboard?

Yeah, mostly it came in a kit all laser printed with some bits of carbon and plastic and some stickers for various bits. Really nicely designed, had a few back and forth emails with the designer, Jon, nice bloke.

It's these:

https://microaces.myshopify.com/
They're beautiful little things. Bit of a step up from the 2 piece foam planes I used to get from McSweeny's Hardware shop in Hemlington I reckon.
Those things were so bad/disappointing. They never even flew properly.
Page 81 of 85 [ 4244 posts ]