Tabletop wargaming - nerdlinging to the max...
and other sundry models

Do you play tabletop wargames?
No, of course not. Tabletop wargamers are so nerdy they make PC fanboys look cool and studly.  34%  [ 25 ]
Yes. I love my little painted figures. I give them all names and stroke them every night. I live for weapons damage charts.  5%  [ 4 ]
I used to, but discovered girls.  52%  [ 38 ]
What are you talking about?  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 72
Those are fantastic. Love that lurid green
Cheers! Some way to go, and the riders too that have only been undercoated.

Those contrast paints turned up today so I'll have a do with them later.
Gerd jerb! I need to finish off my drones. I've lost the plaguebearers that ride em though. They must be in one of these boxes somewhere.
I reckon in the new Fraggle Rock episodes that nobody’s announced we’ll update the lighthouse keeper to be a Dimrill painting little figures. Zardoz can be his Sprockett. Would need a wig, mind.
Can't wait to rub his nose in his mess!
I’m pretty happy with the job done on the pre-painted models on the X-Wing miniatures game, but I feel no engine glow really lets them down. What would you nerds recommend I use for the Millennium Falcon, for example?
I'd do a strip of white paint then use a blue ink wash or blue glaze over the top.

You'd get this effect:
Then if you painted a white (or pale blue) strip in the middle you wouldn't be far off.
I'm pretty impressed with the Contrast paints despite the general pooh-poohing on here!
Zardoz wrote:
Then if you painted a white (or pale blue) strip in the middle you wouldn't be far off.

Ta!
Or... maybe try a strip of iridescent / reflective paper. Keep an eye out for christmas wrapping/packaging.
He’s got rear engine glow before he even started! I think the second edition ones have it painted on now…
Some of the model train stuff that Rod Stewart has done looks ridiculously good.

Attachment:
_109645568_photo-by-steve-crise-_2007-.jpg
Zardoz wrote:
I'm pretty impressed with the Contrast paints despite the general pooh-poohing on here!

Is that little guy General Poo-Pooing?
Not since I stuck the pin-vice up his arse.
Played some X-Wing with Joans this weekend. Got utterly annihilated by Darth Vader and Busta Rhymes today sadly. Turns out if you fit expensive rockets and can’t get the nimble TIEs to stay in your firing arc they’re pretty useless.
The Aldis have Gorilla Glue superglue gel in at the mo. Stocked up while it's cheap.
I’ve bought a can of white plastic primer.
Finished another Minotaur. My photo skills are shit.
Stunning, bruv. You're an artist
Just noticed I missed his nails. Ggrrrr.
Oooh yeah, very well done!

Nice colour choice on the 'taur.
Ooooh, I love that sort-of rusty metal effect on his armour plates.
Bloody nice that
Tars!

For those Nerdlingers who are interested, they're doing another partwork in Age of Sigmar of Sigmarines vs Nighthaunts. https://forbiddenplanet.com/290807-warh ... -realms-1/ Plan on picking up the first issue at least for dark mech conversion bits.
Ta La, pre-ordered my Conquest (2x) Chaos Spawn edition too!
It's been a long time,
I shouldn't 'a left you.
Without the last Old School Greater Daemon,
To finish off the nerd crew.
All friends together!
Oh nice! How big are those chaps Zardoz? My fav is the mouth-belly one.
Zardoz wrote:
All friends together!

You forgot Joey.

Great painting!
Squirt wrote:
Oh nice! How big are those chaps Zardoz? My fav is the mouth-belly one.

Belly Mouth (Great Unclean One) stands at 55mm tall. The new plastic sculpts for these are much bigger, but for me these old metal ones are the real deal.
Fack! Only just noticed that skull icon on the back of the Bloodthirster's head!

Camera 1 Eyes 0
Dirty little men. Lovely jerb.
Wait... now these are done that means I can buy more!
How’d you make that grassy/moss covered floor bit?

I want to do something like that with my SOTC figurine.
It's pva glue, sprinkled with two grades of sand, ink washed (if you like) then scenic grass tufts.

You can get flock that looks like 'normal' grass. Model train shops are great for scenic stuff.
Satsuma wrote:
How’d you make that grassy/moss covered floor bit?

I want to do something like that with my SOTC figurine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Static-Grass ... 2978131574
Old paint brush brushes make good tufts too.
Do you actually play with these or just collect and paint them? I’m not even sure what game they’re for (if any).
I use lots of them for Kill Team and small games of WH40k but some are just bought, built and painted as I like the models.
And it brings me closer to Dimrill.
Now that I know some of you sausages play it, Dark Sphere are offering up to 60% off their X-Wing stock at the mo.
Zardoz wrote:
And it brings me closer to Dimrill.

I wondered what that smell is.
Dimrill wrote:
Now that I know some of you sausages play it, Dark Sphere are offering up to 60% off their X-Wing stock at the mo.

It’s mainly just me, but Malc plays too. I am trying to get Joans into it
Wow, their website is very bad. Trying to pull the trigger on the TIE Reaper for £11 but trying to pay with PayPal gives a 404 and using SagePay then says I’ve gone to the SagePay site without actually checking out…
Turns out the mandatory field for Town in the billing address is not entirely mandatory. As soon as I added this in it worked fine. At least their support was prompt and helpful!
Durk Sphere are an awesome company. I spend many a penny with them.
Dimrill wrote:
Durk Sphere are an awesome company. I spend many a penny with them.

Because you are a piss artist
Page 74 of 85 [ 4244 posts ]