Tabletop wargaming - nerdlinging to the max...
and other sundry models

Do you play tabletop wargames?
No, of course not. Tabletop wargamers are so nerdy they make PC fanboys look cool and studly.  34%  [ 25 ]
Yes. I love my little painted figures. I give them all names and stroke them every night. I live for weapons damage charts.  5%  [ 4 ]
I used to, but discovered girls.  52%  [ 38 ]
What are you talking about?  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 72
it do. the crow faction they recently previewed looks nice too. however: spence.
Nerdture always finds a way.
New Death Guard for the Japanese-market-only Space Marine Heroes series 3.
I’d like one.
Heh, the Fallout tableytop game has some glowing ones coming out and I may just get them. I'm a sucker for transparent resin.

I'm on the cusp of finishing a lot of stuff... but I keep on 'doing a bit more' when I should be calling it a day on taking pics for you lovely nerds.

I'll aim for a weekend glut.
I had my first adventures with airbrushing last night. I bit the bullet and bought myself a Patriot 105 badger. The Contrast paints work lovely through it, and my Alpharius looks much more Alpha Legiony now. I suppose this means I'll have to re-do my 10 man headhunter squad, harrowmaster and Skorr :( :)
I had two little Armigers delivered today. They're so cute! With their little legs and guns. It's almost as if they understand.
Still got to start mine. I've been side swiped by Tau.
Calling these dirty boys done, chaos cultists leaning towards Papa Nurgle.
These have taken a good while. Bits still to do but fine for the table.
Harrison’s Tau (he’s lost interest in painting thanks to Fortnight). Enjoyed painting these as they’re so different to the other stuff, made a thin wash to knock back the stark white parts. Still bits to do and lots more miniatures to start but they’ll all follow this scheme.
Mars ruins, 75% complete thanks to red oxide car undercoat :)
Do either of you have a photo with all the stuff you’ve painted all in one place (as in: is it set up in a tableau anywhere, or is it on various shelves and units, etc?)

I think it’s probably more impressive up close because of the detail, but I’d love to get an idea of the scope of what you’ve made over the years.
I’ve got a display case. But there’s loads of stuff at various stages everywhere.
It’s all Dimrill’s fault.
Most things are.

It looks great. It just puts into context how much work and skill it takes.
I like your pipes. Looks like they could take a heavy payload. Gun damn!
Never ending joy :(
There’s so much stuff I forgot I had...

Also not pictured a shrink wrapped 4th Ed of Space Hulk... another 35(?) miniatures.

I bet Dimrill has a fair few more than me :D
Urgghhgh my shame piles are astronomical. I can count over 100 figs just around my monitor all partially painted. Some 99% and just need a final few highlights. Simple to finish, you'd thinks, but the way my brain misfires means it would be easier to scale Everest than do so. And that's not even mentioning the 8 drawers of stuff on shelves, 9 boxed game sets, 30-40 boxed untouched stuff, and 6 storage chests of old metal. Gotta collect em all.
Despite having too many spacemen, Id like a few old school Womble armour Marines for another Kill Team.
Another piece of terrain for Battlefield BeexCompany- it still needs the greenery but it’s almost there. This will be the capture the flag location.
Attachment:
24A357CE-AF44-4460-891A-1301A58F8FBB.jpeg

Attachment:
ED522F30-3D87-41E1-99B0-9CBDD7370DDB.jpeg

Attachment:
0B3A4254-BF14-40C3-812B-FBC5F7D60C96.jpeg
Looks pretty plane.
RIP Airfix kit. Lovely weathering again!
Thanks! It was my first go with Mig pigments. The first application was using enamel thinner, which I did all over the plane to try to get a subtle dusty effect. It reacted badly with the Daler Rowney acrylic varnish and just left brown brushmarks everywhere. Utter fucking mess. I managed to rub most of that off with more thinner, then tried again with Vallejo acrylic medium instead of thinner, which worked a bit better. Also then used some Mig enamel mud wash, and a Tamiya mud pen thing. However, as a result I ended up massively overdoing it as I tried to cover up the residue of the mess from the first application. Hey ho, it was fun.

It was a massively shit Airfix kit that really wasn't good for anything other than beating to death. I did enjoy doing the flack burst damage though - I put in a couple of spars out of plastic strip and then some twisted spars coming out of the hole using brass etching "sprue". And bits of wire and whatnot. Good fun.
Try some pigment fixer. The Green Stuff World one works well http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/inici ... fixer.html
I’ve began making some rocky scenery with expanding foam. Early days yet so no pics.

Bought some Gorilla Clear Glue today as they had it in Aldi for £4.99 and remember you saying it was good stuff.
Zardoz wrote:
I’ve began making some rocky scenery with expanding foam. Early days yet so no pics.

Bought some Gorilla Clear Glue today as they had it in Aldi for £4.99 and remember you saying it was good stuff.

It am, but make sure you clean the glue smeg off the end of the nozzle between each use. The farmer's cap gets filthy and clogged otherwise.
It also takes 20 mins or so to semi-set, 24 hours for full effect. Might be worth investing in same nice clamps/clips. Or the old fashioned laccy bands work too.
And we’re done:

Attachment:
9695D445-69B5-40C9-BA32-0BD248FE2D48.jpeg

Attachment:
F252662B-6563-4B76-8F5C-B9A131032955.jpeg

Attachment:
10789B51-E012-4D84-B4A4-B3189FB93726.jpeg

Next item is an MG post, which will have a camo net over it:

Attachment:
BB233682-0AE0-4E32-B589-9AECDA752C2C.jpeg
I do enjoy seeing these you know. They're ace!
Fully in agreement with Tge Vision. I love these wonderful miniature works of art and handiwork.
Thanks! It will get played with but making it is the main fun - in the absence of a garden to build walls and treehouses in this is the alternative. Landscape gardening in miniature! And in full size I’m fairly sure I wouldn’t be allowed to put a crashed jet in the garden so this is even better in some ways :)
Yeah looking good, Kissyfur.
Oh Mali! There’s a new Kill Team starter box set with rules, terrain Space Marines and Tau. Think it’s about £80 from Weyland / Goblin Games etc (20% cheaper than GW)
Zardoz wrote:
Oh Mali! There’s a new Kill Team starter box set with rules, terrain Space Marines and Tau. Think it’s about £80 from Weyland / Goblin Games etc (20% cheaper than GW)

Hnnnnnnnnfg.

Ta, i will chat with the netrunner people and see if they might play...
Still waiting for a phone number on that skip. I suggest 0891 50 50 50.

For people who like oldhammer and fightering fantasmasies, artmonger Ian Miller has a set of tarot cards coming soon.

Dakka: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/p ... 79052.page

Pics:
Those are quite lovely.

Remind me of the art in the two Realms of Chaos sourcebooks they did gazillions of years ago
That's cos it were im.
I have a Warhammer 40k assault on black reach set for sale if anyone on here wants first refusal before I whack it on eBay.
It's used and part painted, but looks complete.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/376 ... lack-reach
Dimrill wrote:
That's cos it were im.

Well that would explain it :)
Oh, I like them!
Remembered to take some progress pics of expanding foam scenery.

Here’s the sculpted lumps, the parts that have been cut into and the underside have been filled with cheap wall filler.
Page 72 of 85 [ 4249 posts ]