Tabletop wargaming - nerdlinging to the max...
and other sundry models

Do you play tabletop wargames?
No, of course not. Tabletop wargamers are so nerdy they make PC fanboys look cool and studly.  34%  [ 25 ]
Yes. I love my little painted figures. I give them all names and stroke them every night. I live for weapons damage charts.  5%  [ 4 ]
I used to, but discovered girls.  52%  [ 38 ]
What are you talking about?  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 72
Call that a Gundam.

THIS is a Gundam!
Need some acrylic risers so I can double the amount of shelving really.
Satsuma wrote:
Call that a Gundam.

THIS is a Gundam!

テムズ川にはクジラがいます
Again?

You’d bust a nut in the Gundam store in Tokyo, though. Rows and rows of pristinely crafted Gundam and then boxes and boxes of the things to buy. It was insane.
Gundam are a bit silly tbf.
Satsuma wrote:
Again?

You’d bust a nut in the Gundam store in Tokyo, though. Rows and rows of pristinely crafted Gundam and then boxes and boxes of the things to buy. It was insane.

Couple of those bad boys I got there.

I drained my beans repeatedly in Tokyo.

Mostly over this though:

God... 12 years ago.
I think I'd like a Gundam model.
TheVision wrote:

"Draw me like one of your French girls"
TheVision wrote:

They’re a joy to build, just need to cut the pieces off the sprues and everything is push fit together, no glueing. There’s a really good Japanese seller on amazon that we got a couple of kits for Harrison at Christmas. I’ll dig out the name for you, £10-14 for 144 scale kits (like the ones in my cabinet).
One seller was: WEG STORE JAPAN
And the other was: Audio Japan
Both arrived in good time too.
Zardoz wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Call that a Gundam.

THIS is a Gundam!

テムズ川にはクジラがいます

Whales aren't foreign to Japan. Silly Zardoz.
Whales are scrummy to Japan.
*Taps mic*

Hello! Managed a couple of 'quick start' games of Kill Team at the weekend with Harrison. (Basically: Initiative, Move, Shoot, repeat - we did add cover bonus though once we got into the swing of things). LOTS more stuff to introduce like moral / tactics / skill trees! but we'll keep it as we have done for now.

He was DELIGHTED to make the first kill, and only cheated a couple of times with his rolls :D

The Kill Team box set is defo the best way to get into the WH40k world I'd say, everything in one box.
Due to piss poor weather this weekend we managed to get loads of painting done too. All the base coats are belong to us!
And managed to ink wash a few too. Still wet here (like I'm sure you are now).
One more of the dried variety from this morning.
Oh and the scenery is coming on well too!

(Some sections are more finished than others)
Anor Londo looks great!
:D

Yeah, looks that way when the pieces are stacked up.

Another good design feature keeping the scenery flexible!

You seen the Dark Souls miniatures? :S :luv:
Normally the last job but I couldn’t resist basing the ‘Techno Bastards’. :nerd: :luv:

Just highlights a few details to pick out next.
I really want Kill Team.
Finally attempted a game of Battlefield Beex Company (as it would have been). Four out of six of the boards are done:

Attachment:
2BFF8664-5D03-4B37-81A3-FFBA5849F263.jpeg

Attachment:
0CD1E372-662B-4D52-A7F6-89266C653144.jpeg

Attachment:
73464767-860F-412D-9CA1-1161F8539D88.jpeg

I lost, mainly because Olly parked a tank on my spawn point:

Attachment:
094AA09F-78C6-44EB-9795-F90227C3C5CE.jpeg
Excellent stuff! Are the final 2 boards nearly done too?

Any update on your A-10? After playing Ace Combat 7 I’m itching for a Tamika kit.
They just need greening up - will do them next weekend when I’m back.

On the A10s, olly has an academy kit he’s half finished, and I have a lovely Revell one I need to start. I’m in the middle of the Apache and Hind at the moment.
Attachment:
CFB79855-BF27-492D-BA8A-174D535F96E3.jpeg
Ariels for adjustable height! Nice :metul:
Well spotted :) they’re these extendable magnetic pickup things off eBay
Ah right, yeah. Good idea.
I love making terrain - it’s like landscape gardening in miniature :)
Another productive weekend, thanks to the shite weather.

Still need to Micro-Sol and Matte varnish the decals (and knowing me I’ll probably pick out a couple more details) but the Onager Dune Crawler is done!
The bits on the ground are a spare door and something else from a Predator tank.

Whole pack are practically done now, few bits here and there, mostly the Tech-Priest to concentrate on.
I like that dune walker a lot. I wasn't convinced by the colour scheme in the WIP shots, but the lime green toned down nicely in the end result - looks superb!
Cheers Kissyfur, yeah the base colours were pretty psychedelic :D I knew they’d calm down with washes and weathering though.
You're pretty talented, Z. Great work
Need Sicarian Infiltrators & Ruststalkers now.

And Warglaives.

And...
Re-reading this thread from the beginning...

12 pages of absolute denial from myself before I crumbled... It was the short hop from Gundam kits to a Tau Battlesuit that did it, so be very careful TheVision!

Now drowning in the stuff. :nerd: :luv:
Zardoz wrote:
Now drowning in the stuff. :nerd: :luv:

Gotcha.
Keeping the momentum going with an Oldschool Bloodthirster.

Khorne have always been my least favourite models of the original Chaos pantheon, but I like the skull headed variant the best (and needed one to complete my set :nerd:)

Quite a different experience painting the older white metal miniatures, much less detail to get bogged down in.

Just the basecoat done but thought I'd post. Fancy a load of skulls to throw down on the base if anyone has any?
THE BEST THING ABOUT HEROQUEST IS THE GARGOYLE
Why the frig did they call them Gargoyles in Heroquest?
It's For Kids(TM)
Nice. I can't remember if I sold mine.
In case, somehow, you don't know what I'm talking about:

"BAM! Heroic Brew!"
I only clicked that video to remind myself about the gargoyle, but I ended up watching the whole thing.. great stuff :D
All of his stuff is great, even stuff that should be fairly dull.

He looks like what would happen if Gaywood didn't shave for 12 months
MrChris wrote:
He looks like what would happen if Gaywood didn't shave for 12 months

Heh, I was also thinking he looked uncannily Gaywood.
Wait... that's not, Gaywood?
Page 66 of 85 [ 4244 posts ]