GTA V - stand aside, pretenders
the King has returned
GazChap wrote:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
The runways at the airports look similar in length, though - so perhaps the thicker roads are "trunk roads" and there are more thinner roads for residential streets etc.

Either way, looks big. Although there'll no doubt be lots of wasted empty space in there.

Aye, but the motorways in the 4 map are thinner too, i'd expect them to be the same size.
Why are we spoilering this?
To build suspense! It's working.
Looks a little bit like Isla Nublar. WHERE ARE THE DINOSAURS.
in case people don't want to know how big the map is and what it looks like
plus Dimrill started it
plus your mum smells
Trooper wrote:

There'll be a map in the box with game, no?
DavPaz wrote:
Trooper wrote:

There'll be a map in the box with game, no?

Spoilers!
Your mum is the Amazon pre-order Atomic Blimp
Corrected map with proper scale.

Attachment:
YfIMgnD[1].jpg
Those continents look wider than GTA4 Answer.
Is there any word yet on which is likely to be the better version of this between the PS3 and 360?
markg wrote:
Is there any word yet on which is likely to be the better version of this between the PS3 and 360?

The 360 version will probably look slightly nicer but the PS3 version will come on one disc.
Hmm, I might wait and see what the comparisons say. If one version is less juddery then I'd probably get that.
All the trailers have been through PS3 apparently, although that could be an exclusive rights thing by Sony rather than a performance issue.
Plus the PS3 will have me as a GTA Online compadre.
On a negative point, I'll be on GTA Online on PS3.
I preordered the PS3 version.

I'm intending to sell my 360, but still haven't got round to it yet.
Zardoz wrote:
I'm intending to sell my 360, but still haven't got round to it yet.

I wish you'd stop going on about it. Sheesh!
I just haven't got round to stop going on about it yet.
But I'm intending to.
That reminds me I need to reply to my Xbox 360 ebay auction question about HDMI connection.
MCV reporting street date broken in Spain
gospvg wrote:

That's a bit early.
SilentElk wrote:
gospvg wrote:

That's a bit early.

Only four days, they obviously want to pick up on the weekend trade.

Best screenshot yet. LOOKING GOOD.
That is the best in-game wall I've ever seen.
That's an in game shot? Surely that is real life footage, or at least pre-rendered?
That's what California- i mean San Andreas- looks like.
throughsilver wrote:
That's what California- i mean San Andreas- looks like.

Can't fault you there.
Yep. Mine has shot out of the depot too.

I think this is the first game I've ever preordered.
I am so waiting for the reviews on this one, and specifically the technical analysis.

I put up with GTAIV degenerating into an uncontrollable slideshow on my 360 because the PC version at the time was even worse and the game itself transcended technical limitations to a large extent by virtue of its sheer awesomeness.

If Rockstar really have done what they appear to be claiming they've done with GTAV, then a PS3 purchase just for this game (and Pinball Arcade) may very well be on the cards, but I've still got my cynical hat on.
Dispatched. Excited now.
Seems some people aren't too impressed with a fake review that has been published somewhere! (picture stolen from Mr PSB)

:facepalm:
I can't help but think that my GTA character would feel kind of limited after playing Saints Row 4.
Trooper wrote:
Seems some people aren't too impressed with a fake review that has been published somewhere! (picture stolen from Mr PSB)

:facepalm:

It was in response to a blatantly fake "Polygon review". The entire thread is full of woman-fearing manchildren, punctuated by the occasional person pointing out it's a blatant fake to no effect.
Trooper wrote:
:DD

That's the free PETA publicity shitstorm guaranteed then!
IS IT TUESDAY YET?!?!
Is anybody else waiting this out for the PC version?

It's going to be painful. :(
WTB wrote:

I'm going to see how the console versions perform first, Eurogamer will have a Digital Foundry write-up done pretty sharpish I suspect.

If the 360 version is as good as the PS3 version, and the PS3 version is as good as it seems to look in the trailers, then I'll probably go for that as I've already got a 360.

If however the PS3 version is substantially better, then I could be persuaded to get a PS3 pretty much just for this game (and Pinball Arcade). I can only assume there's a reason why all the footage released thus-far is from the PS3 version.

All that said though, if it performs anything like GTAIV did on the consoles, then I'm definitely going to hang on for the PC version. There's no question that the 360 and PS3 versions of GTAIV were desperate shonky messes from a technical perspective, massively gimped in every regard and they still ran like utter horeshit with framerates often crashing down into the low teens and input lag that could be measured in days - to the extent that it really did impact on the game itself.

I'd like to be amazed by GTAV on the consoles but have they really managed to find that much untapped power in them since GTAIV? It remains to be seen.

TBH I hope they have 'cause for my money GTA is a console game, and I can play it on the big telly with proper 5:1 sound whilst sat on the sofa drinking a beer, but I'm not prepared to accept so many game-affecting technical issues a second time around.
WTB wrote:

Nope. A fitting console swansong!
If there was a PC release date that was only a couple of months in the future, I could have been tempted to wait. Without that i'll get in on console first. Just need to decide between PS3 and Xbox.
Is this coming out on the PS4/XB1 though?
Achievement list. Looks like they're carrying over the medals from Gay Tony. "Hobbies and pastimes" sounds interesting too.
Saturnalian wrote:

Pretty sure it is, which would be the natural time for a PC version to appear as well.
Saturnalian wrote:

Probably. Although San Andreas came out in 2004 and it was four years later before a version for PS3/360 appeared.
I'm having my house rewired with gold core to increase the flow of frames.

Boy, will you all suffer horrendously with my pure joy.
Page 5 of 26 [ 1274 posts ]