'Not coming to a console near you'
AtrocityExhibition wrote:

(worst)potw
throughsilver wrote:

(worst)potw

I'm just saying that they may as well show renders from a pre-rendered FMV cutscene in terms of how much of the actual game it shows.
throughsilver wrote:

(worst)potw

I'm just saying that they may as well show renders from a pre-rendered FMV cutscene in terms of how much of the actual game it shows.

No subtext? I wish I could believe you.
throughsilver wrote:

Well what are we looking at?

Three pre-rendered screenshots (or certainly something rendering far beyond the actual game's fidelity) that show what, exactly?

A shark, a submarine, and what appears to be a jet fighter alongside a passenger aircraft.

They tell us nothing about the game itself, and indeed nothing about what the game will actually look like.

There's no subtext beyond a simple 'please be aware that these screenshots are for illustration purposes only'.
So ''Not coming to a console or computer near you'?
throughsilver wrote:

Well what are we looking at?

Three pre-rendered screenshots (or certainly something rendering far beyond the actual game's fidelity) that show what, exactly?

A shark, a submarine, and what appears to be a jet fighter alongside a passenger aircraft.

They tell us nothing about the game itself, and indeed nothing about what the game will actually look like.

There's no subtext beyond a simple 'please be aware that these screenshots are for illustration purposes only'.

Screenshot 1 - It tells us the water is going to be more interesting than something that surrounds the actual land, there's stuff in it. Sharks and stuff I'm guessing.

Screenshot 2 - Also you can travel in the water by submarine, which they've never done before so I'm guessing there is something underwater as well.

Screenshot 3 - As for the last screenshot it may be hinting at multi-player but also there's a blimp we haven't had blimps before either.

yes it looks better than it should, yes it will look better on PC when it comes out, and hopefully they will release it on the new Xbox in it's full splendour.

If you mean deeper gameplay/storyline stuff I'm sure they released a ridiculous amount of information last month.

Also Merry Christmas, this is clearly the wrong place to say this but I'm typing so it will do.
devilman wrote:
So ''Not coming to a console or computer near you'?

This.
Unless they drew it with crayons, it's clearly on a computer.
FAKE! There's no bridge or helicopter!
Dimrill wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Unless they drew it with crayons, it's clearly on a computer.

By that logic it's on a console near me, if I view this thread on my PS3 internet browser.
Well, I've just ordered a new pc, in no small part to play this and Elite.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Well, I've just ordered a new pc, in no small part to play this and Elite.

You don't need a new PC to play Elite, a 486 would do it easily. Hell, a 286 probably would!
BBC Micro is perfect for it.
Dimrill wrote:

That seems rather late ?

(and at that stage will we not all be simply drooling over PS4 and New(tm) Xbox )
Unless they've managed something miraculous with the game engine itself (i.e. it runs like something other than a sack of shit on the 360/PS3) I'm mystified as to why this is a current-gen title.

The 360/PS3 specs are known now, they're both mid-range gaming PCs in a small box, surely they could basically get the game done (I'm assuming they've got dev kits already) and have it as an ASTOUNDING LAUNCH TITLE for the next-gen.

Hmmmm, unless they're planning on selling it to us twice..... A spack-o-vision version for the current-gen, and then a super-duper enhanced version for the next-gen......
Could be a case of it being the 360s Swan Song, squeezing the very best from it.

I remember the last few AAA titles of the last ten being crackers. SotC, RE4...

The devs squeezed everything they could out of them.
I remember "screenshots" of GTA4 looking much the same as that. I also remember a fanboy telling me that they've now achieved 'true vision' with the graphics on the PS3 version. That was good to know.

IV really was a bag of shite for me. It had none of the fun of the previous games. It also failed at being a satire due to brown. Or maybe they were being satirical?
Unless they've managed something miraculous with the game engine itself (i.e. it runs like something other than a sack of shit on the 360/PS3) I'm mystified as to why this is a current-gen title.

The 360/PS3 specs are known now, they're both mid-range gaming PCs in a small box, surely they could basically get the game done (I'm assuming they've got dev kits already) and have it as an ASTOUNDING LAUNCH TITLE for the next-gen.

Hmmmm, unless they're planning on selling it to us twice..... A spack-o-vision version for the current-gen, and then a super-duper enhanced version for the next-gen......

The fairly last minute delay, just as we get confirmation of a PS4 reveal does suggest that this might be an option, and as launch titles go it would be a cracker.
The cover art has been revealed... It looks, well.. exactly the same as all the others.
Just so everyone knows I'm on the cutting edge of gaming news, the new GTAV video goes live today at about 3PM.
Time to buy a rig.
Zardoz wrote:
Time to buy a rig.

An Xbox 360 rig or a PS3 rig?
Are we watching this yet? AMAZING. WOW. AWESOME! I never thought they'd do that in a MILLION FREAKING YEARS MAN!

Anyone got a link yet?
<obvious joke>
That's the PC version, they had to make a couple of changes to get a decent frame rate on the 360/PS3 but it's hardly noticeable:

</obvious joke>
That looks aces. And I was pretty lukewarm about GTA IV.
@Bamba -- there's no current plans for a PC version release. It'll come sometime in 2014, is all I think R* has said.
I wonder if they'll do an HDer version for the new consoles? Might as well if all the assets and stuff are in place no?

In fact, what are they going to call it this time around when they add some more pixels and then try to sell us the same games again?
It looks like GTA3/VC again! Hooray!
markg wrote:
I wonder if they'll do an HDer version for the new consoles? Might as well if all the assets and stuff are in place no?
I'd hazard a guess there'll be a next-gen GOTY version down the road.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
@Bamba -- there's no current plans for a PC version release. It'll come sometime in 2014, is all I think R* has said.

Honestly, I never even thought to check in my rush to shoe-horn in a shite joke. I do have concerns given how nice that looks and how much the Xbox was obviously struggling to render LA Noire but I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.
DID YOU SEE THE ANTI-ALIASING ON THAT? I can't believe it. Really, I can't.

It had a plane in it though. MEEEEOOOOWWW-WUSHHHH.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Missing a footnote.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
markg wrote:
I'd hazard a guess there'll be a next-gen GOTY version down the road.

I'd hazard a guess that's what the footage is from.
Nah, it's not close to pretty enough.
Grim... wrote:
Nah, it's not close to pretty enough.

Check out the draw distance on the chopper sequences or the skydiving clip, or the number of vehicles on the highway sequence, all as silky smooth as you like.

Either Rockstar have done an amazingly stunning job of engine optimisation since GTAIV, or that ain't real-time footage from the PS3. (I'm also surprised that they've chosen PS footage*, as historically their engine has always under-performed on the PS3, unless we're looking at PS4 footage.)

* You can see from the various button prompts that it's from a Sony console.

I suspect PS4 footage, it's an absolute dead cert they're going to want a GTA game out on the next-gen consoles early doors, so XBone and PS4 versions will already be well underway.
It wouldn't surpise me if they've pulled it off. The PS3 was notoriously hard to code on, and when 4 came out on the 360 it was doing stuff that people couldn't believe.
I suspect PS4 footage, it's an absolute dead cert they're going to want a GTA game out on the next-gen consoles early doors, so XBone and PS4 versions will already be well underway.

http://www.gta5cheats.com/gta-5-ps4-xbo ... happening/

Quote:
There’ll be a much larger audience on PS3 than there will be on PS4. At a creative level, which is the most important for us, we could say everything we wanted to say and do everything we wanted to do on these [PS3 and Xbox 360] machines… There’s plenty of power in these machines.
It might come eventually, a year or more down the line, in a GOTY edition after Rockstar has milked all the DLC it can from the current gen platforms. But "early doors"? No. If it was coming "early doors" we'd already have an announcement of that.
Grim... wrote:
It wouldn't surpise me if they've pulled it off. The PS3 was notoriously hard to code on, and when 4 came out on the 360 it was doing stuff that people couldn't believe.
The Last Of Us looks utterly incredible.
I've just watched the video. I'm absolutely speechless. it's beautiful. it looks amazing fun. It is something I never could have thought possible when Speedball 2 came out in '91and I read the review over and over in AF 23 years ago. Jesus. The future is wonderful. I might put some money down to reserve a copy so it arrives on the day of release. If I'm allowed. Wow. Fuck! WOW!
Either Rockstar have done an amazingly stunning job of engine optimisation since GTAIV, or that ain't real-time footage from the PS3. (I'm also surprised that they've chosen PS footage*, as historically their engine has always under-performed on the PS3, unless we're looking at PS4 footage.)

Confirmed to be PS3 footage.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

http://www.gta5cheats.com/gta-5-ps4-xbo ... happening/

Quote:
There’ll be a much larger audience on PS3 than there will be on PS4. At a creative level, which is the most important for us, we could say everything we wanted to say and do everything we wanted to do on these [PS3 and Xbox 360] machines… There’s plenty of power in these machines.
It might come eventually, a year or more down the line, in a GOTY edition after Rockstar has milked all the DLC it can from the current gen platforms. But "early doors"? No. If it was coming "early doors" we'd already have an announcement of that.

Well it remains to be seen.

I'm sat here with my favourite hat, which I will cheerfully eat if that footage is representative of real-time GTAV action on the PS3.

The Last Of Us is a stunning technical achievement for sure (the Eurogamer Tech Analysis was very detailed), but it's not an open-world game, it isn't a game engine that has to be able to handle you jumping into a chopper and flying several miles in any direction you wish, whenever you want, streaming whatever assets are required along the way.

The visual fidelity of what we're seeing in that clip is truly a quantum leap beyond the 360/PS3 versions of GTAIV, I don't see how they can have found so much untapped power in the PS3.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Confirmed to be PS3 footage.

Intriguing, that doesn't bode well for the 360 version then.

(I'm still not convinced though, in all honesty, I think there are shenanigans afoot.)
Page 3 of 26 [ 1274 posts ]