Being Nice about Rev Stu thread
anti-Internet-drama
JBR wrote:
Once I'd fixed that little problem, much later, I found the forum and have enjoyed it massively and now here I am reunited but sadly having missed being a beardless wonder in a bearded drinking encounter.

Welcome!

As Dudley said, there will doubtless be further drinking encounters of this ilk. If only because I went to the bar and missed out on Squirt being eaten by a wall.

:(
It was brilliant :D
Curiosity wrote:
JBR wrote:
Once I'd fixed that little problem, much later, I found the forum and have enjoyed it massively and now here I am reunited but sadly having missed being a beardless wonder in a bearded drinking encounter.

Welcome!

As Dudley said, there will doubtless be further drinking encounters of this ilk. If only because I went to the bar and missed out on Squirt being eaten by a wall.

:(

JBR came to the previous one. He looks like Johnny Lee Millar.
It was one of my better consumed-by-a-wall performances, I must say. I wonder if they'd hire me doing it as a cabaret act there?
Own up then, who broke the WoS forums? :hat:
Working fine for me.
Yeah, no probs as far as I can see.
Weird, I get a 404 if I click on the link from the front page, but if I go directly to a thread I read yesterday, then everything's fine.
Can you get it to work if you click the link on the front page?
yep I keep getting errors on the forum
I couldn't access it last night, as I mentioned to those playing Infinity Ward's etc etc etc.
Do the subscribers get a refund?
Stu still owes me £1.67!
Grim... wrote:
Do the subscribers get a refund?

I'm sure you will if you ask him nicely. It appears to be working ok now though.
Dr A's forum is down as well.

Silly intelivision.
Both working fine from here.
Maybe Grim... should offer to host WoS.
richardgaywood wrote:

For a small fee...
It's hardly going to be a drain on bandwidth is it.
Can we get a badum-tsh dimlie?
Lave wrote:

Silly intelivision.

Dr. A has a forum?!
Curiosity wrote:
richardgaywood wrote:
For a small fee...
That's only fair, of course. £2.50 per poster should cover it.
HA!

EDIT - gah, he deleted the amusing double post.
With mandatory revenue generating double posting?

edit dammit Grim... deleted his double post
I'd still only get about £25 a month, but still ;)

But I jest - he wanted a quieter forum, and that's what he got. Hard to fault that logic, really.
richardgaywood wrote:
Grim... deleted [...] post

DON'T SAY THAT!
Grim... wrote:
richardgaywood wrote:
Grim... deleted [...] post
DON'T SAY THAT!
Grim...'s telling me what to say! You all saw it! I'M BEING REPRESSED!
Quote:

I did - and... I do? Thanks, I think. At the next I might actually get to chat to Curiosity, though I shouldn't count them chickerel now, should I?
Pod wrote:
Lave wrote:

Silly intelivision.

Dr. A has a forum?!

Surely you've pottered around the lovely http://ashens.com?
I still miss Dr. A. Someone needs to email him and say COME BACK.

Not me, obv. That would look hella gay.
I did. He said
Quote:
I don't look at either BETEO or WoS now (As Don Henley said, "Don't look back - you can never go back"*) so I probably won't bump into you.

*DJ Sammy also put forward this sentiment, but he got a woman to do it for him. The big girl's blouse.

Which is very sad.
Surely not, it'd be hella tragic. Didn't you offer him £50 or something?
JBR wrote:
Quote:

I did - and... I do? Thanks, I think. At the next I might actually get to chat to Curiosity, though I shouldn't count them chickerel now, should I?

It's really not that exciting, trust me.

And I do remember speaking to you briefly, if only to call you JBL.
ComicalGnomes wrote:

No - I offered Stu Campbell £50 to keep his forum free, but no go, unfortunately.
Which is ironic, because that probably would have worked out better for him.
Oh man. Dr A - you sillyhead.
Grim... wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

No - I offered Stu Campbell £50 to keep his forum free, but no go, unfortunately.

I should have phrased that better. I meant to say 'Why didn't you offer him £50 or something to stay?' ;)
Still, to paraphrase Peter O'Hanraohanrahan, it's a case of, "We don't like it, but we'll have to go along with it." Such a shame though, Dr. A was ace. Still, his prerogative. I just hope things turn out okay in his life at the moment. :(

(EDIT: 'Prerogative', damn.)
nervouspete wrote:
perogative

prerogative. Everyone pronounced it 'per' which annoys me. :D
To be honest I think he has enough on his plate already to be dealing with this place as well. The recent events (CUSgate and Schandenfreudegate have swallowed days of my life as I endless click refresh to see whats happening unable to look away).

He posts a lot less on his own forum as well at the minute.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Grim... wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

I should have phrased that better. I meant to say 'Why didn't you offer him £50 or something to stay?' ;)

Well, because I thought it was actually something I said that made him go off in a strop, so I could just explain myself and he'd come back again.
Unfortunately, that wasn't the case :(

He doesn't need the money, anyway - he's the Internet's famous Dr. A!
ComicalGnomes wrote:
nervouspete wrote:
perogative

Which is how it's pronounced, isn't it? *worries*

And: Get you mr spelling pedant ;)
Dr A?

Oh, that's a shame, he was definitely one of the most interesting and imaginitive people I have ever known on the internet. I still watch all of his videos and stuff and think he is fantastic. :( I understand what you mean,Lave. I found it hard to even click on this place yesterday, it felt kind of draining. Nicer today, though, normality is close to being restored I hope.
What happened yesterday?
Mr Chris wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:
nervouspete wrote:
perogative

Which is how it's pronounced, isn't it? *worries*

And: Get you mr spelling pedant ;)

I'm sure it's pronounced 'pre' otherwise they wouldn't spell it that way. It's just sufficiently similar for most people pronounce it 'per' that nobody notices. Since I came to this realisation myself, I make an effort to spell and say it correctly. :metul:
But lots of words have silent letters in them that you don't pronounce... *worries some more*
Grim... wrote:
What happened yesterday?

Yesterday, there were so many things I was never told
Now that I'm starting to learn, I'm feeling old
But yesterday's got nothing for me
Old pictures that I'll always see
Time to turn the pages in my book of memories.
Mr Chris wrote:
But lots of words have silent letters in them that you don't pronounce... *worries some more*

Internets knows best wrote:
Today's Good Word is usually (mis)pronounced perogative, as a result of a process called ‘metathesis’, whereby the sounds [r] and [ê] switch places with each other. You hear it when words like different, veteran, prescription are pronounced [difernt], [vetern], [perscription], common across the southern US states. The pronunciation of these words, however, does not affect the spelling, so the first syllable in prerogative is always spelled P-R-E.
Was that from a US website*? Because if it was it doesn't count. At all. Ever.

*The reference to "Southern US States" suggests it is
Find me something that contradicts it, smartypants :ninja:
Page 4 of 14 [ 694 posts ]