Tour de France 2013
no thread?
MaliA wrote:
Froome not riding TdF after falling off today

I’ve fallen off a bike before - it never stopped me doing the TdF!
It is being reported he fell off when he took his hand off the bars to blow his nose on a fast bit
Broken leg, says BBC
MaliA wrote:
It is being reported he fell off when he took his hand off the bars to blow his nose on a fast bit

Hanky probably better.
Mr Chonks wrote:
MaliA wrote:

That you were shit... on the other hand.
Mr Dave wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
MaliA wrote:

:boots:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
MaliA wrote:

:boots:

I never miss an opportunity to call you shit.
And there are plenty of those!
https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... al-injured

Ouch

Quote:
Chris Froome is out of the Tour de France after sustaining “multiple serious injuries” in a freak high-speed accident. The four-times champion, who is in intensive care, broke a leg, ribs and an elbow after colliding with a wall outside the town of Roanne in the Loire on Wednesday. He lost control in high winds when he attempted to blow his nose while cycling at 37mph.

This doesn't sound great.
I heard a dutch interview with his teammate wout poels... sounded quite horrific.... lifting his arms to sneeze, and then a heap of wind...
https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-13/fro ... ur-winner/

Possible naughty step intrigue that could crown Froome!
romanista wrote:
I heard a dutch interview with his teammate wout poels... sounded quite horrific.... lifting his arms to sneeze, and then a heap of wind...

So Wout's saying he needed to lift his arms to sneeze (bizarre) and then farted so ferociously that he lost control and hit a wall.

Nasty.
Calling it now: it's going to be a vintage year for Pinot. He had a decent Dauphine and the field is a bit narrower. TdF champion 2019
MaliA wrote:
Calling it now: it's going to be a vintage year for Pinot. He had a decent Dauphine and the field is a bit narrower. TdF champion 2019

He'll fuck it on Stage three.
At least then you'll have another companion for your coast-to-coast trip.
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:

He'll fuck it on Stage three.

He fucked it yesterday
Pinot had a strong performance yesterday ...

I cycled large parts of yesterday's stagetwo weeks ago.. still hurts

https://www.strava.com/activities/2492284071

Fun first week... with the excellent mike teunissen and jumbo visma's time trial..

hioprfully today Groenewegen
Pinot did brilliantly. He is looking good.
romanista wrote:
Pinot had a strong performance yesterday ...

I cycled large parts of yesterday's stagetwo weeks ago.. still hurts

https://www.strava.com/activities/2492284071

Fun first week... with the excellent mike teunissen and jumbo visma's time trial..

hioprfully today Groenewegen

Good shout.
Can't believe they've been riding for six years now.

When does it end?!
Pinot looked massively strong. I believe he is going to do it. Brilliant ride today. Fucking loved it.

However, De Gendt was on another plane of excellence. Christ almighty what a ride
MaliA wrote:
TdF:

1) Contactor - Looked imperious in Italy
2) Nibali - I think he was sandbag ginger
3) Pinot - I think he is developing well and he might be on with a real shout in 2016

Quinraina and Froome will fight over 4th.

Cav will win 5 stages including Paris.

<Polite cough>
Oh oh. better bridge it ASAP
Fucking hell. There's a lesson, here. RIDE AT THE FRONT.

1.39 down.

Fuckity balls
MaliA wrote:
Fucking hell. There's a lesson, here. RIDE AT THE FRONT.

1.39 down.

Fuckity balls

, Or, in French
Oh, hahaha, they got to a roundabout, he went left and everyone went right resulting in a loss of forty places.
Quote:
Of the contenders for final victory, Pinot was the biggest loser, fighting desperately to close an ever-growing gap, with only one teammate able to assist him. As he wheeled to a halt at the finish, his sullen reaction told the story. “Nothing to say, it was a shitty day,” he muttered to the waiting French media before riding back to his team bus.
Great tour until now.. many attacks. Dutch succes...
After a day of reflection, Pinot has probably jumped out of bed, already in his sports kit, clapped his hands together and shouted "piétiner". This is the sort of stuff that turns stage wins from breakaways into a GC win.
MaliA wrote:
Oh, hahaha, they got to a roundabout, he went left and everyone went right resulting in a loss of forty places.

If I remember a recent 'Shut Up & Sit Down' podcast correctly, roundabouts are in the next 'Flamme Rouge' expansion, so you can recreate the thrilling heroics on your tabletop.
MaliA wrote:
After a day of reflection, Pinot has probably jumped out of bed, already in his sports kit, clapped his hands together and shouted "piétiner". This is the sort of stuff that turns stage wins from breakaways into a GC win.

Pinot Fanfic!
Kern wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Pinot Fanfic!

As long as it doesn’t become Pinot Slashfic.
This is the real contest:
So pinot won. Seen his sportdirector’s reaction? https://twitter.com/GroupamaFDJ/status/ ... 8542382080

Curiosity wrote:
Kern wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Pinot Fanfic!

As long as it doesn’t become Pinot Slashfic.

"Pinot unlocked the cage in his hotel room, leaving a sore but satisfied MaliA to crawl out, his smile hidden by the leather puppy hood."
They really don’t want Tom Dumoulin to win it, do they?
Pinot news, now!

Next month he is in two stage races in Provence and Haut Var. He's setting up for the Paris-Nice (which starts southwest of Versailles (famous for Louis XIV building a mad big palace there) which is about 20km from Paris, so the start is about the distance between Manchester and Liverpool from Paris), before arriving in Nice at the end of the penultimate stage, then leaving nice only to return on the final day), in March, so there's going to be horrid weather and crosswinds there. The off to the Basque Country,Criterion de dauphine before the tour.

Exciting times.
Great to see Tom piddock doing so well in the cyclingcroos world championships.. he really made the race exciting again after van de poel 's victory was sealed.. (and was fun to see the belgian get 3-10)
5.9 watts/kg up Ventoux lads, pinot looking smart.
In two days, omloop het nieuwsblad starts the flemish season! yes! the black hole is over!
romanista wrote:
In two days, omloop het nieuwsblad starts the flemish season! yes! the black hole is over!

Oh
Day four of Dauphine done, and Pinot is looking solid in second place 14 seconds down.

This is the year.
And if would have cooperated with the other frenchmen he might even have won it...
Here we Pinot! He's in it to win it, and the boy is looking great!
Have you actually watched the dauphiné? Jumbo visma seems to be the big favourite, but will see... glad it has started.. a bit of tour in the indian summer
Apart from today's boredom (until last 200m) it has been great so far. And Alaphillipe has just had a 20 second time penalty applied so he is no longer in yellow, but Adam Yates is!
https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1301190364087418883

Oh dear.
Pinot still in the running! Will it be his year?

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
No.
Page 15 of 17 [ 824 posts ]