Middle Age Spread
Doing something about it
GazChap wrote:
Our very own myp has just persuaded me to enter a half marathon with him in August.

Poor guy is a glutton for punishment, he's only just done one literally yesterday! Silly sausage.

Which one are you doing?
I went and did a 20 mile race yesterday. It was rather hilly.

I managed it in just over 4 hours. I ache a little today :)
KovacsC wrote:
Which one are you doing?

Bedford Autodrome, August 4th!

KovacsC wrote:
I went and did a 20 mile race yesterday. It was rather hilly.
I managed it in just over 4 hours. I ache a little today :)

Great work!
Gaz you should do it next year.. :)
Which one was it?
Ashby 20. It makes Broseley look fat.
I'm assuming you mean 'flat'... in that case, I'll leave it for now ;)
Less than four hours of the shitty bits of training left, then the lovely taper.
Got my number.. Not panicking yet.
Due to pain in my feet and calves and knees, I hadn't done any serious exercise between the end of June last year and Christmas, this lead to me putting on a quite a bit of weight

I started going on walks again in January, and although I have not done as many as I would like, I have still walked over 220km this year. I have also not had any alcohol since about 03:00 on Jan 1st (that's just over 100 days)

Despite that, the last time I weighed myself, I was exactly the same weight I was on Jan 1st

I know it's not all about weight, but I don't feel or look any slimmer either. I think the pain in my lower legs was partly caused by the stress of being the weight I am.

There's no really point to this post, I just wanted to moan about the lack of progress
You are more active than you were, so you must be converting fat to muscle and - even more importantly at this stage! - supportive/connective tissue, and doing cardiovascular improvement.

I fully understand the frustration; I never lost more than 4kg from starting weight 4.5 years ago and in fact weigh more now, no.matter the combination of diet, booze, exercise and illness, I never looked any slimmer or trimmer (and again, look fatter now) but the results absolutely speak for themselves, I move more weight more times and hold better form doing it.

That is intended to say - don't be disheartened, mirrors and scales only tell a specific measure of the truth, not the whole truth.
Good luck to our BeExer London Marathon runners tomorrow!
GazChap wrote:
Good luck to our BeExer London Marathon runners tomorrow!

:this:

Have fun!
That was intense
Tower bridge was just a wall of noise.
At about 23 miles there were some fellas waving red pint cups shouting "free beer". I accepted and smashed back half a pint of ale in the final stretches. Way better than the lucazade.
Good job runners! I am very impressed.

There's lots of energy in a half, it's the ideal energy drink. Quick energy, a bit of alcohol to numb the pain and hops to aide the healing process.
MaliA wrote:
At about 23 miles there were some fellas waving red pint cups shouting "free beer". I accepted and smashed back half a pint of ale in the final stretches. Way better than the lucazade.

I did the same when I ran it - reckon it was the only reason I finished :DD
Jem wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I did the same when I ran it - reckon it was the only reason I finished :DD

Superb!

Not going to lie: running down the final 3km right next to to barriers, hearing the crowd cheer my name and high fiving all the raised hands as I went past was fucking epic.
Awesome! Wolverine, eat your heart out.
Zardoz wrote:
Awesome! Wolverine, eat your heart out.

The triathlon... Hurts every time.
Page 82 of 82 [ 4073 posts ]