Middle Age Spread
Doing something about it
Out for an hour and five today. Taking it easy, then a big finish. Absolutely loved this, especially the end bit. The slower km 6 and 7 is where I was faffing taking photos and clothing adjustments. Really felt the effect of The Plan today, no way could I have done this before.
MaliA wrote:
Out for an hour and five today. Taking it easy, then a big finish. Absolutely loved this, especially the end bit. The slower km 6 and 7 is where I was faffing taking photos and clothing adjustments. Really felt the effect of The Plan today, no way could I have done this before.

Well done fella.
KovacsC wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Well done fella.

Thank you.
Went out for the usual 10k today but was feeling good after the first km or so and went to half marathon distance. Tried to keep my powder dry for the first half and have a strong finish. It worked out well although I maybe could have upped the pace a couple of km sooner. Never really tried to do anything other than make it to the end over this distance before so well happy with a 1:42.33 my 2nd fastest 10k in there somewhere too.
Attachment:
Screenshot_20210624-212018.png
That's brilliant! Bloody well done!
That is awesome.
Thanks! Really feeling it today, aching hip, sore ankles. I'll not do that again for a bit.
Final set of intervals done in this training block. 10lm time trial on Saturday.
I am now 1 week into being a Peloton prick, done something everyday so far and it turns out I am ridiculously unfit.
I am slowly upping my time. Trying to stick to zone 2 running.
Argh! I don't usually use my laptop for Beex - I just got a lifesize Kovacs!

:D

Great work though. :)
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

That sounds a bonus :P
KovacsC wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

That sounds a bonus :P

:luv:
Decent start to the day
Attachment:
Screenshot_20210705-134202.png

Forgot to post this earlier, so I can only get this summary. On target for 1000km for the year, going to be tough to make 1000 miles though.
MaliA wrote:
Decent start to the day

Absolutely smashed it there.
markg wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Decent start to the day

Absolutely smashed it there.

Cheers! The last minute or so was very much going lamp post to lamp post, though!

I've asked for a second six week training plan from the Running Punks guy.

The first six weeks one saw 2.5% improvement over late March's best 10km, and, that notwithstanding, I find the structure it gives to my weeks is good.
New six week training plan has arrived. There's some serious intervals in there.
Do it! I got to an actual race today - the Vitality 10k. It was due to be in London, I got a free place. Then I was a bit broken, they delayed it, and I ignored emails. Despite that, they delayed it again and moved it to Hatfield, too near to not go, and my original place was still good. Lovely to be a part of, and I saw loads of people I knew. Plus got a massive hug from one of their mums, which was lovely.
My marathon miles are creeping up.. had to run 2 hours yesterday. I covered just over 16 km.
I've got to do 15km on Sunday and I don't wanna.
I did not want to either... :)
Intervals tomorrow morning, easy 14km Sunday
KovacsC wrote:
My marathon miles are creeping up.. had to run 2 hours yesterday. I covered just over 16 km.

This is good going.
JBR wrote:
Do it! I got to an actual race today - the Vitality 10k. It was due to be in London, I got a free place. Then I was a bit broken, they delayed it, and I ignored emails. Despite that, they delayed it again and moved it to Hatfield, too near to not go, and my original place was still good. Lovely to be a part of, and I saw loads of people I knew. Plus got a massive hug from one of their mums, which was lovely.

This sounds great.
Sacked it off for the really hot weather, no fun. So after a few days of rest went out this morning with fresh feeling legs and gave it almost everything I've got at this point:

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
markg wrote:
Sacked it off for the really hot weather, no fun. So after a few days of rest went out this morning with fresh feeling legs and gave it almost everything I've got at this point:

Attachment:
Capture.PNG

Bloody hell. Absolutely flying! Well done!
markg wrote:

Attachment:
Capture.PNG

Wow, that's fantastic!
My distance is getting long now.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Wowsers!

The last few miles hurt. Same again next week :)
I walked up to my favourite spot on the moors today (conquering the section where I twisted my ankle a month ago) and had another dip in the river (much colder than last time in July).

The river was flowing much faster due to all the recent rain, so it was very hard swimming upstream, and super easy going downstream.

Anyway, I found a spot where I matched my swim rate to the flow of the river, and essentially swam on the spot. Really enjoyed it at the time, but feeling it now (carrying the wet stuff back in my rucksack 7.5km probably hasn't helped matters either)

Still, looking at over 5000 calories burned for the day, which can't be bad.
Malc, that sounds amazing!
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Malc, that sounds amazing!

It's lovely there, and it's all up hill from my house, so tonnes of calories to burn when you weigh over 100kg like me.

However, when you get a lift 2/3rds of the way, you can knock 75 seconds of your best on one of the Strava segments. To claim "king-of-the-mountains".

Attachment:
Screenshot_20210822-140417~2.png
Nice work, King!

Giphy "all hail":
https://media4.giphy.com/media/cmyXaFsAEmoBfPiHSz/giphy-loop.mp4
Well done Malc that is awesome...

Having been told off on my diabetic review, as I am not being a good diabetic. I have ordered some libre 2 sensors so I can check my bloods all the time. Going to get back to eating healthy and start bloody exercising properly.
Hill sprints. Like intervals, but horrible.
I'm spared those owing to the complete lack of hills just here.
The training plan said "six lots of 90 seconds and walk back" the biggest local hill I could find was 250m long at 5.8%. Turns out, that 5.8% is an average as it steepens as you go up. Nigh on killed me.
I did once try doing some repeats on The Mount but it's about 5km away so I was knackered before I even started, it wasn't fun. I am planning to do some fell running over the next few months though.
Bought some Hoka Bondi 7's because I fancied a really cushioned shoe, after a few runs in them then going back to my 500 mile old pair of Nike I realised that I don't want that at all. The Hokas were indeed super comfy but it felt like they were slowing me down way too much. Fortunately they let you try their shoes out for 30 days so they'll be going back.

Going to give some of these Reeboks a whirl instead:

https://www.reebok.co.uk/floatride-ener ... eSelSize=9

All the reviews I can find seem to say they're pretty great daily shoes. I hope so because they're also £80 less than the Hokas.
They look snazzy! Let me know how they are.

I'll be changing my Ghosts at end of October. I don't want to switch them before two half marathons, and a 10km due to arbitrary rules I have made about not changing things.
Cheap reeboks felt good, great actually. Was out with my daughter on her bike so did lots of different paces and they jut felt right for all of it. I think I'll just keep buying these and never watch any more YouTube videos about stupidly expensive running shoes.
Getting up to silly distance now. Not going to break any speed records. :)
New trainer time.
Love them! Very smart.
Bit of a restrained colourway for you Kov!
Your last new trainers post was on the 19th May - do you go through them that quickly?!
Page 73 of 82 [ 4072 posts ]