Jem wrote:
Eat more.

I am trying this.
Look fast, go fast.
Kris wrote:
Jem wrote:
Squirt wrote:
Or run less.

Feel like that might be counterproductive to the whole marathon training thing :DD

I did both, it worked for me :D

Yeah, but you had to put sudocrem on your butt, so... :DD
I am annoyingly close to a sub 25minute 5km, and annoyingly close to hitting a heart rate of 200bpm.
2 runs in 2 days. Just short ones for now. Feels ok so far
MaliA wrote:
I am annoyingly close to a sub 25minute 5km, and annoyingly close to hitting a heart rate of 200bpm.

Are you doing any strength training? It was the combination of both strength + running that got me under 25 minutes.
Running intervals, which I guess is a kind of strength training, is what I've done when I've been trying to get quicker. Just go out and run normally for a bit, then sprint flat out, recover for a minute or two and then just keep on doing that until you've had enough. It feels horrible but after a short while you should feel the comfortable 5K pace just naturally getting faster than it was before. Also running some 10Ks will make your 5K pace faster.
I try and fit in two weight sessions in a week, to build up strength..
DavPaz wrote:

That is great..
KovacsC wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

That is great..

Loving the tights, too ?:|
DavPaz wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

That is great..

Loving the tights, too ?:|

Keeps the legs warm.
First long run of the year
Good going. I just bought myself a new Garmin thing, a Vivoactive 3 Music. Seems pretty good so far and running without a phone is better, although annoyingly they still haven't got their shit together with Amazon to get Audible on there.
Your provides runs have been very accurate.
Grim... wrote:
Your provides runs have been very accurate.

:?:
He lives his life four quarter miles at a time.
I am competing in my first powerlifting competition in July, so over Christmas did a "dirty bulk" (AKA eat all the things) to boost my strength/muscle mass ahead of a long slow cut down to the weight I need to be for my competition (under 67.5kg). Today marks day 1, I weighed in at 77kg first thing, and holy shit I forgot how hard it is to force myself to eat real foods instead of just 2 litres of black coffee for breakfast.

Current lifts stand at 110kg for back squat, 112.5kg for deadlift and 50kg for bench. I would like to be at 115kg+ for squat & deadlift and 60kg for bench by July. The latter is obviously the biggest jump and on my least favourite lift. ?:|

Am basically going to be posting about it here / instagram / twitter / everywhere for the next 4-5 months to help keep me accountable / on track. Sorry in advance. :DD
Sounds a great goal. That is awesome. ( you can lift more than me, which is great)
Jem, you are Wonder Woman and I claim my five pounds.

Good luck with the competition healthy eating plan!
Wow... Good luck Jem! That sounds ace and I am in total awe at the dedication.
Thanks guys, appreciate the support and encouragement as always :luv:
Wow! I'm looking forward to reading/seeing how you get on! :)
Jem wrote:
Current lifts stand at 110kg for back squat, 112.5kg for deadlift and 50kg for bench. I would like to be at 115kg+ for squat & deadlift and 60kg for bench by July. The latter is obviously the biggest jump and on my least favourite lift. ?:|

Only went and benched 55kg this afternoon.

I am BUZZING.

Giphy "dance":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/wAxlCmeX1ri1y/giphy-loop.mp4
Giphy "mad skills":
https://media2.giphy.com/media/x0Y9NJx71h5XW/giphy-loop.mp4
Most impressive!
When I was a gym bunny about 18 years ago I was doing 6x10 reps at 160kg bench.
Don’t go anywhere near that now, in fact I tend to do more press ups than bench press and even then it’s with dumbbells probably totalling 60kg for 4x15 reps, followed by butterflies.
Keep it up!
DBSnappa wrote:

Fuuuuck :o

Thanks guys :luv:
awesome stuff @jem

i managed to increase my dead lift to 90kg this week
KovacsC wrote:
awesome stuff @jem

i managed to increase my dead lift to 90kg this week

Good work dude :D
I am suffering... DOMs :)
Lots of stretching for you today :D
I am meant to be back at the gym and a 45 min run... :)
DBSnappa wrote:

Wow! Doing sets and reps that come out at 9600kg in a single session for a single exercise is pretty mind-boggling.
Bamba wrote:
DBSnappa wrote:

Wow! Doing sets and reps that come out at 9600kg in a single session for a single exercise is pretty mind-boggling.

That’s what happens when you stupidly work out with one of the instructors who happens to be a bodybuilder. I wasn’t. I could never countenance the diet faffery. He was a natural though, so there were no supplements or drugs involved.
Bamba wrote:
DBSnappa wrote:

That’s what happens when you stupidly work out with one of the instructors who happens to be a bodybuilder. I wasn’t. I could never countenance the diet faffery. He was a natural though, so there were no supplements or drugs involved.
These 6am runs are not ideal, but the faff of getting changed and showered at work was too much.
DavPaz wrote:
These 6am runs are not ideal, but the faff of getting changed and showered at work was too much.

It can be hard fitting it in.
Fitting exercise into daily routine is easy, not sure what you’re complaining about

Dignity on the other hand
Mr Chonks wrote:
Fitting exercise into daily routine is easy, not sure what you’re complaining about

Dignity on the other hand

I didn't think I was complaining
Weighed myself today and down to 102 kilos... want to lose another 10 ish... SO all going in the right direction.

Fasting Bloods back to 7, which is also good..
KovacsC wrote:

Title.
KovacsC wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

While he has an enormous head, I'd hope it fits in any reasonable shower cubicle with no problems.
Jem wrote:

Was having a shit day yesterday (no reason, just woke up in a bad mood) so went to the gym and rage-lifted - set new PBs for squat & deadlift, so current standing:

Squat: 112.5kg
Bench: 55kg
Deadlift: 117.5kg

Cheered me up a wee bit :D
I'm eating ok, going to gym (increased my resistance stuff since Christmas) and even started swimming regularly too.

I've put on weight.

Got to be muscle, right?
I’ve lost 12 lbs in the last year and most of that was in Jan-Jun, but people keep saying I look like I’ve lost a lot of weight so I must be changing shape.
Zardoz wrote:
I'm eating ok, going to gym (increased my resistance stuff since Christmas) and even started swimming regularly too.

I've put on weight.

Got to be muscle, right?

Depends on how much weight you've put on and how much muscle mass you had before.

While it's normal to gain some muscle when you start doing new/more exercise, if you've put on 20lb (for example) only a small amount of that would be muscle.
:D Only a bit tbh. I've been at 12.5 stone for ages and dipped under a few time when I've remembered to weigh myself. Last time was couple of pounds more though.

Next time I go I'll get people at the gym to feel me and see what they think.
Zardoz wrote:
:D Only a bit tbh. I've been at 12.5 stone for ages and dipped under a few time when I've remembered to weigh myself. Last time was couple of pounds more though.

Next time I go I'll get people at the gym to feel me and see what they think.

Why wait, just ask people on the street!
Zardoz wrote:
Last time was couple of pounds more though.

Your body weight is fluctuating all the time. A couple of pounds could literally be a big shit and piss stored up.

To get an accurate weight reading you should probably weigh yourself daily over a few days at the same time each day preferably after a lovely poop. I like to get up, evacuate my bowels and then weigh myself each morning. Sharing is caring.
Page 64 of 82 [ 4062 posts ]