Middle Age Spread
Doing something about it
Trooper wrote:
Accept your fate and eat cake?

Yeah, I think that's going to be best.
You have a pretty low resting heart rate. Mine is 65-68 usually
It's often down in the high 40s, I try to stay active but I'm far from athletic so I think it's just physiology, my brother is about the same.
Yeah that's really low, compared to mine. Usually 70's and it has been as high as 148 when working out (last night the max was 130) noticed it drops back to 'normal' quicker these days when I cool down on the low bike.

I think the new house has helped me too, two flights of stairs and a bigger floorpan means I have a short work out going for a beer to take upstairs while I paint spacemen :D
My resting heart rate sits around 45-55 according to my garmin but I was under the impression that wrist devices weren't particularly reliable, so I don't know whether or not that's anywhere near my actual RHR.
Just double check it the old fashioned way. I've found it's pretty accurate when resting.
I tried mine Vs my colleagues and all read the same at rest. Hooway Health says mine is mid sixties.
markg wrote:
Just double check it the old fashioned way. I've found it's pretty accurate when resting.

Too much effort :DD
My resting heart rate is usually 55-60. Walking is good, I can attest to that.
My resting heart rate is "Holding onto a rope bridge with three fingers when all but one of the ropes holding it to the cliff edge has snapped. In a lightning storm. With no trousers on"
I would offer to measure Jem's resting heart rate for her but it wouldn't be accurate.
Cras wrote:
My resting heart rate is "Holding onto a rope bridge with three fingers when all but one of the ropes holding it to the cliff edge has snapped. In a lightning storm. With no trousers on"

:DD
DavPaz wrote:
You have a pretty low resting heart rate. Mine is 65-68 usually

Lowest I’ve seen mine at is 44 when I’m really relaxed. Mid 50s is more common when I’m just sat around. It’ll be more like 120 when putting some effort in on the exercise bike.
I verged on not hating every fucking minute of this.
Not hating every minute definitely helps.
5km in 23.38

Going to feel that tomorrow
Love the start. Yeah! Whoosh! Feeling good! Hmm, better back off a bit.
That third km Mali stopped off for a quick half.
Heh, third km is past the pubs and cafes so I slow up a bit so people can better see my poise, grace, and magnificence.

I reckon there is about thirty seconds to find there at the moment, but short term focus is on 10km race on 14th (looking for 54 minutes there) and half marathon at end of may (aiming for 2 hours). Got to not be injured.
Weighed myself at end of gym session last night as 12st 8lb. Been hovering at 13st for ages so that’s encouraging.
MaliA wrote:
5km in 23.38

Nice :metul:

I squeeze a 24:42 out of my legs on Saturday and I reckon I might just be able to get it to 24 mins on the dot. Probably need someone to pace me though, because I get bored too easily and back off :DD
Decided to investigate Leasowe Lighthouse (Wirral fact: tallest freestanding brick built lighthouse) .56mins for 10km
great going... well done
I've only just looked at the wording for that pro-Brexit petition

Quote:
We are wasting Billions of pounds of taxpayers money trying to negotiate in a short space of time. Leaving the EU in March 2019 will allow the UK good time to negotiate more efficiently. The EU will be more eager to accept a deal on our terms having lost a major partner.

Every single sentence is utterly delusional and/or meaningless gibberish.
Bamba wrote:

Quote:
We are wasting Billions of pounds of taxpayers money trying to negotiate in a short space of time. Leaving the EU in March 2019 will allow the UK good time to negotiate more efficiently. The EU will be more eager to accept a deal on our terms having lost a major partner.

does this effect fitness and weightloss :)
KovacsC wrote:
Bamba wrote:

Quote:

does this effect fitness and weightloss :)

It will do when we are all living off moss and bark scrapings.
5k time trail. That was hard
Good work dude :D

Went to TK Maxx last night to get a couple of pairs of trousers as nothing fits me any more. Accidentally tried on a size 8 dress (was on the 10 rack) and it fit. It wasn't pretty, but I did all the buttons up.

:blown:

I don't want to be a size 8, but what a mind fuck. I'd only just got used to being a small 12 (having mourned the loss of my boobies :'( )
6 sleeps with until race day. Did 50mins 46 seconds 10km this evening. Will probably do a relaxed 5km on Thursday and then rest until Sunday
Two sleeps until Race Day and I seem to have lost a little toenail and have a bruise on my foot. Beers at 11am at New Brighton 'Spoons of anyone interested.
MaliA wrote:
Two sleeps until Race Day and I seem to have lost a little toenail and have a bruise on my foot. Beers at 11am at New Brighton 'Spoons of anyone interested.

Is this the 10k?
Kern wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Is this the 10k?

Yes
MaliA wrote:

Good luck!
As most know: I did a 10km today

A bit over 50 minutes. Which was pleasing.
Congratulations!
Went out to do 16km yesterday, but felt good at 8km so went on further before turning back, then a bit further, then "might as well run to the Dee". Started to feel a bit wonky at 13km, and then felt really cold. I put this down to dehydration as it was bastard hot and I hadn't taken any water with me. 7km later I stopped running at 20km which I covered in two hours and walked the last bit home. Splits were 30mins per 5km. Didn't hate it as much as I used to.
Was a bit fresh in there. 11 degrees.
More like 180 degrees amirite
Not as bright as my others.
Mellowing with age.
My current ones are bright orange. Flying the fluorescent flag.
Did a 2600m swim this morning.. I am shattered now.
Been doing quite a bit of yoga, lately. I mean not all the chakra woo, just the stretching. Fuck me it actually really works! My legs don't hurt any more and I don't make a noise every time I have to get up out of a chair.
Passed the 21km distance this morning in 2 hours 4 minutes. I think if I took on water and don't get shit faced the night before, sub 2hours is doable.
MaliA wrote:
Passed the 21km distance this morning in 2 hours 4 minutes. I think if I took on water and don't get shit faced the night before, sub 2hours is doable.

If I can do it, you can ;)
This weekend, I have done a 70 mile bike on Saturday, a 2k swim yesterday and nearly a 10 mile run before breakfast today. I am shattered.

A big shout out for @Jem who has done 20miles running yesterday..
KovacsC wrote:
This weekend, I have done a 70 mile bike on Saturday, a 2k swim yesterday and nearly a 10 mile run before breakfast today. I am shattered.

A big shout out for @Jem who has done 20miles running yesterday..

Good going dude - you feel ready yet? :D

Page 61 of 82 [ 4059 posts ]