Bad Album Covers
To cheer and educate...
mrak wrote:
That.. is awesome. I have a couple of AP-related claims to fame but I was not mentioned by name in any of them. My actual name anyway. :'(

You bought the rights to Mark Winstanley's first name, meaning he had to use Cam instead?
I am in some of the letters pages of Amiga Power. I didn't have anything to say. My friend Duncan Timiney is in there a few times as well.
Mark X wrote:

That's... That's amazing.

"Who are you people? Why are you in my... Where am I? Why is that keyboard floating? Stop leering at me!"
Nirejhenge wrote:
I am in some of the letters pages of Amiga Power. I didn't have anything to say. My friend Duncan Timiney is in there a few times as well.

I was going to say we need to get Isabelle Rees on here, but there probably isn't room for her and Shin.
Nirejhenge wrote:

You are Stuart N Hardy and I claim my five pounds.
Joans wrote:
Nirejhenge wrote:

I was going to say we need to get Isabelle Rees on here, but there probably isn't room for her and Shin.

Was she even real?
I'm sure Grim... found her on facebook or myspace or something, and then removed the link to her when people started saying bad things about her or something.

Malc
Hilarious. Did she marry/murder Cam them? Or did the demons get exorcised after puberty?
davpaz wrote:
Joans wrote:
Nirejhenge wrote:

Was she even real?

I think so. I seem to remember reading something recently (maybe on WoS :attitude: or AP2?) that she was married and sensible now.
I think there were enough nutty people to write into AP without them having to make any of them up, but I could be totally wrong.

Edit - maybe I read it here then. :luv:
I wonder if she regrets all those letters. She sure did expose herself, emotionally at least, to a huge amount of hormonal young guys.
Not sure why all the George Thorogood albums seem to have naff covers. Here are probably the two 'highlights' -

davpaz wrote:
I wonder if she regrets all those letters. She sure did expose herself, emotionally at least, to a huge amount of hormonal young guys.

I recall she put a request in the Pen Pal section which provided her contact details to whoever wanted it. That may have been the mistake.
devilman wrote:
Not sure why all the George Thorogood albums seem to have naff covers. Here are probably the two 'highlights' -

Any album cover drawn by Peter Bagge is automatically great.
Mark X wrote:
devilman wrote:

Any album cover drawn by Peter Bagge is automatically great.

I was going to say :this: but Mark X beat me to it. I love Peter Bagge. I bought his "Rockin' Poppin' Favourites" CD just for the album art and booklet (and then realised that there are some excellent pop songs on there. The Knack! The Posies! Some others I can't remember!)
I too love Peter Bagge, but I fear that it does not make that album cover automatically great. In fact I *gasp* also don't like it. However, no one draws 'angry' better than Peter Bagge. Comical should be a nude artist's model for him, or something.
nervouspete wrote:
Comical should be a fully clothed artist's model for him, or something.

FTFY.

Actually, that's a bit harsh. He might be sexuality-troublingly attractive for all I know. Soz, Comical.

Pop fact! Up until about 16 hours ago when I got a proper bloody haircut for once, I could possibly have passed for Buddy Bradley, only with a slightly smaller nose. In late-period Hate. When he had the store, but before he hooked up with Lisa again. Around 96% of forumgoers aren't going to get this reference at all.

Not exactly an album cover but from possibly the greatest page on the web, a compilation of promo photos for 1970s Swedish dance bands.

http://pics.yemii.com/swedish-dance-bands.html
Mark X wrote:
nervouspete wrote:
Comical should be a fully clothed artist's model for him, or something.

FTFY.

Actually, that's a bit harsh. He might be sexuality-troublingly attractive for all I know. Soz, Comical.

Pop fact! Up until about 16 hours ago when I got a proper bloody haircut for once, I could possibly have passed for Buddy Bradley, only with a slightly smaller nose. In late-period Hate. When he had the store, but before he hooked up with Lisa again. Around 96% of forumgoers aren't going to get this reference at all.

I only just saw that. Awesome!

Have you been reading the Hate Annuals? Expensive for what they are, but worth it for an annual update on Buddy and Lisa.
Morte wrote:
Not exactly an album cover but from possibly the greatest page on the web, a compilation of promo photos for 1970s Swedish dance bands.

That's straight up awesome.
They're displaying the awkwardness that results from people inadvertantly wearing the same shirt.
Why is it that those sorts of old photos make people look as though they belong to a different species? I mean, haircuts aside these lot really aren't right:
Andreas looks like he escaped from a sex change lab halfway through a botched attempt. Nice wig man!
davpaz wrote:

8)

The one on the right has a rather wonderful backlit Farrah Fawcett hairdo going on. Although the fact he appears to be playing pocket billiards is slightly offputting.
Morte wrote:

Breathtaking.

Is this the very first 'We're -Death-Metal-so-we-must-have-an-inverted-cross-in-our-logo' logo?

Also: best fringe ever.
Scarysheep3000 wrote:
Have you been reading the Hate Annuals? Expensive for what they are, but worth it for an annual update on Buddy and Lisa.

I have been reading them, and while they're very good, I curse myself every time at shelling out so much for them. Especially the ones where half the annual is taken up by bloody Bat Boy, who is shit. Of course, one can always get a load of free Bagge aceness by visiting the collection of his Reason pieces. And in case you (or indeed anyone) isn't aware, the brilliant Apocalypse Nerd is now available as a proper paperback.

To prevent this post being wholly about me going on about how great Peter Bagge is, except when Bat Boy is involved (maybe that deserves a proper thread of its own), here is a Bad Album Cover.

It's okay, that make up is only half racist.

The one on the bottom left has got a lazy eye.
The one on the bottom right is a young James May.
"Dude, your dog is Gay"
but what does that waveform actually sound like?
That looks like a shit Goa trance record from 1996, or something.
Plus the mismatched eyes implies a sense of gomboidness.

I think these are7" singles but there are plenty more like that here.
Have we had this one yet?
Millie's a mental. She's got a whole series of weird album covers.
This has popped up on a visit to Discogs. Back cover as well.
That's bloody brilliant, that is.
Stupid cow. That's a squirrel monkey. Not a pet! Evil stupid cow!
Having bought it yesterday, I'd like to introduce this thread to the new Wilco album:

That's brilliant. I really should throw a party next time it's my camel's birthday.
"She sits amongst the cabbages & peas"?
Page 5 of 17 [ 825 posts ]