Homebrew-me-do
Not coding though, you geek
That looks really good!
Mimi wrote:
That looks really good!

Cheers. Made it in 2nd May, then moved it to secondary fermentation tub which had the 1kg cherries in and left it for a month.
Latest homebrew is walking in at 6%. Should bottle it up on Tuesday, triesies a week on Sunday!

Pale malt, bit of crystal malt, Eureka and Bramling cross hops, and then dry hopped with cascade.

EXCITING TIMES
29x 500ml bottles 6% ale bottled up. Need to get a kit on tomorrow night and then safety stocks might recover come september.
MaliA wrote:
29x 500ml bottles 6% ale bottled up. Need to get a kit on tomorrow night and then safety stocks might recover come september.

This appears to be infected, it'll end up down the sink.

In the meantime, there's 15 bottles of rhubarb wine ( over two batches) on the go.
I have heard good things about the Mangrove Jack kits, so have stuck 40 pints of their Grapefruit IPA on, and 40 of their New Zealand pale ale. Having the malt in a pouch is great.

https://mangrovejacks.com/products/pink ... ed-edition
Rhubarb wine is bottled.
Is this the same rhubarb wine you stated making 10 months ago?
This is excellent. Clear and crisp
Bobbyaro wrote:
Is this the same rhubarb wine you stated making 10 months ago?

No, this is better
Are you bringing some to cottage? I reeeeeeeeeally want to try it.
Good news, then, I put 16 more litres on last night.
Bloody love rhubarb wine. My dad used to make it. Sweet and dangerous.
I have so much rhubarb I could probably make a ton but the learning curve / acquisition of equipment puts me off. :S I'll bring some jam to cottage instead :DD
Just leave it in a bin bag in the sun for a week, then bottle the stuff that collects in the bottom.

Easy
Mm, delicious.
Jem wrote:
I have so much rhubarb I could probably make a ton but the learning curve / acquisition of equipment puts me off. :S I'll bring some jam to cottage instead :DD

Get some 5l litres of spring water in one of those big bottles.
Get those tablets supermarket own brand you strikes baby bottles with (70p for about 50)
Go to wilko and buy wine yeast, 2kg brewing sugar and petolase. And a bubble trap
Take 1.3kg rhubarb and chop it up into inch long pieces.
Put it the biggest saucepan you have.
Add 4.5litres boiling water.
Use a potato masher (or rolling pin) to mash it up a a bit but don't pulp it.
Add 1.3kg sugar and stir.
Leave overnight.
Then empty the water from the bottle and replace it with the liquid from the saucepan.
Add yeast and petolase.
Wait ages.
Bottle.
Wait.
Drink
Davpaz must be Belgian - add some sugar and water, hang it off the chimney for a couple of months and there you go, rhubarb geuse.
Page 12 of 12 [ 569 posts ]