Xenophobia
in Cornwall
I'm bloody sure that councillors should not be allowed to say things like this:

Quote:
A leading district councillor has said that plans to create an Asian community centre in a former Methodist chapel near Truro should be a wake-up call for Christians.

I KNOW the Cornish are a funny lot, hugely xenophobic at times, but a councillor should be called to account here.

Source
In my experience, councillors are always saying these kinds of things. "Oh, those coloured kids were lovely weren't they? And every shade of coffee." There's a local gem for you.
This would never have happened if more people went to church.
Mr Cochese wrote:
This would never have happened if more people went to church.

Excellent, they have a 'Have your say' option.
Some Bishop is wibbling on about how the decline of Christianity in England is creating a vacuum which Islam is filling on the front of today's Daily Mail. I haven't seen a widespread conversion of atheists/ agnostics towards Islam, have you?
I'm not quite sure what a 'spiritual vacuum' is, but I guess this is more about the CofE wondering about why people go for New Age or happy-clappy stuff rather than their own services.

(Oh, and I detest people who say they're not religious but spiritual in other ways)
Kern wrote:
I'm not quite sure what a 'spiritual vacuum' is

A Vax. Dysons are much more down-to-earth.
That makes 'Henry' the Devil then.
There's a devil I'm prepared to worship.
As everyone who has studied scripture knows, there is nothing more evil than a local business man opening a community centre in a disused building.
Kern wrote:
That makes 'Henry' the Devil then.

Our cat believes the Henry will eat her. It's actually quite amusing.
A vote against Henry is a vote for paedophiles.
Chritsians need to fucking wake up.
Well seems the tossers are really going for it.
throughsilver wrote:
Chritsians need to fucking wake up.

It's their fault for worshipping someone who gets wasted on a Friday and is like, totally dead until he's slept all weekend.
Kern wrote:
(Oh, and I detest people who say they're not religious but spiritual in other ways)

You're not wrong - classic "well there might be something there" (giggle) territory shit, that.

Quote:
Spirituality is what cretins have in place of imagination
Charlie Brooker (and he's right about everything).
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]