Bits and Bobs 33
The highest degree in Masonry
Trooper wrote:
Can't you just turn up in a General uniform?

If I did, I could be really authentic and spend the weekend in a pleasant whiskey-induced coma.
Kern wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Can't you just turn up in a General uniform?

If I did, I could be really authentic and spend the weekend in a pleasant whiskey-induced coma.

Sounds better than digging trenches! :)
throughsilver wrote:
MaliA wrote:
The bar by the msuic hall is nice. With the piano in the middle.

Music hall... Brown's? Next to the Radisson?

No, the city varities music hall, down an alley near the top of the road leading onto the headrow. Might be called The Black Swan or something
MaliA wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
MaliA wrote:
The bar by the msuic hall is nice. With the piano in the middle.

Music hall... Brown's? Next to the Radisson?

No, the city varities music hall, down an alley near the top of the road leading onto the headrow. Might be called The Black Swan or something

Oh the Swan. Yeah, I loved it there. Then they closed it for years. Have to return, now it's open again. It won't have the barmaid who looks like Gina Gershon, but I imagine it'll still be nice.
Is that part of the Brown's chain? If so, order a high-proof Mojito.
Grim... wrote:

Was Brown's the place you took us all to in Canary Wharf just to have us all try the mojito, only to find out they only had enough ingredients for one mojito, which you then drank? :DD
Here's a tornado on the sun that's five times the size of Earth and has winds that go up to 186,000 mph.

So Mini Eggs, then. Does anyone else eat a bag of Mini Eggs like a bag of crisps?

I'll be glad when they stop selling them again. This can't be good for my health.
Got told off for eating all of the Mini Eggs.
YOG wrote:
Here's a tornado on the sun that's five times the size of Earth and has winds that go up to 186,000 mph.

holy moly. 8)
WTB wrote:
So Mini Eggs, then. Does anyone else eat a bag of Mini Eggs like a bag of crisps?

I'll be glad when they stop selling them again. This can't be good for my health.

Open one end, insert hand, pick one up, put in mouth, repeat? Yes.
There's just something so satisfying about them. The crispy crunchy shell and the chocolate inside. A real delight.
The resealable bags are hugely optimistic, I find.
That sticky tab is just extra landfill!
Gilly wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Was Brown's the place you took us all to in Canary Wharf just to have us all try the mojito, only to find out they only had enough ingredients for one mojito, which you then shared with everybody? :DD

FTFY. And yes. Wasn't it because the dude dropped the box of mint or something?
I wasn't there, but this wouldn't surprise me. The bar staff there are shit and slow. However, the lady ones are invariably hot.
Grim... wrote:
Gilly wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Was Brown's the place you took us all to in Canary Wharf just to have us all try the mojito, only to find out they only had enough ingredients for one mojito, which you then shared with everybody? :DD

FTFY. And yes. Wasn't it because the dude dropped the box of mint or something?

I was pretty drunk by then, I don't think I should be relied upon for details.
I especially like the tortured faces in that solar storm. Brings to mind the aphex twin.
Malabelm wrote:
WTB wrote:

Open one end, insert hand, pick one up, put in mouth, repeat? Yes.

This is how I eat all bagged confectionery. Is this wrong? I always eat until they are all gone. And then open a second bag.
Genuine conversation at work this morning:

Electrician: Your face looks different.
Me: *reluctantly* Different how...?
Site manager: Tell her her tits look bigger too.
Electrician: Younger. Botox?
Me: Will you pair piss off.
Site manager: Maybe you've just got fatter and filled out her bra and wrinkles.
Me: Right, get out of my office, you cunts.

:D Amazing.
flis wrote:

And in contrast, I heard of a story yesterday of one of our client's staff apparently getting the sack for asking a woman what colour underwear she was wearing.
Pork pie breakfast. :metul:
I heard a conversation the other day where my racist boss said to an Asian lady who doesn't like dogs "How can you not like dogs? Your lot eat them don't they?"

Mind blowing.
Weather's turned.
flis wrote:

Must be week for personal insults. I was in B&Q yesterday and all the self service tills were clogged up with nimnos who couldn't work them, so staff finally opened a couple of ordinary tills to clear the queues. The gobby tart who served the bloke in front of me spent all her time yelling to another member of staff about some rubbish or other, and after she's finally served me she deigned to address me thus: "Sorry about your weight."

Cheeky cow.
TheVision wrote:
I heard a conversation the other day where my racist boss said to an Asian lady who doesn't like dogs "How can you not like dogs? Your lot eat them don't they?"

Mind blowing.

whaaaat? Was the woman a member if staff or public? Either way, how the heck does he/she still have a job?!
I ignored the wisdom of Beex and got an espresso machine for my birthday.

It is amaze balls.
WELL I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW :attitude:
DOOM WILL COME.
What was the Beex wisdom in the end? IIRC it was 200 apples...
Not that i'm looking for a job at the moment, but the agencies still have my CV from the last time.

Quote:
Dear Neil,

I have an immediate requirement for an Estimator to work on a 4-6 month contract based in Teeside.

You will need a strong mechanical background and will ideally have experience of working in the oil and gas industry. You will be working with hydraulics/pumps/flanges etc and will need experience of working with metrics.

If you are interested please get in contact asap, I am looking to forward a short list to the client by tomorrow evening.

I look forward to hearing from you.

My CV and profile is all software testing. Do these people even read them?
Short answer. No.

I remember years ago, an agency asking me what I didn't want to do. I said work in a call centre and work unsocialable hours. They came back with a job in a call centre that worked unsocialable hours.
TheVision wrote:
Short answer. No.

I remember years ago, an agency asking me what I didn't want to do. I said work in a call centre and work unsocialable hours. They came back with a job in a call centre that worked unsocialable hours.

Last time I dealt with an agency, they phoned me up to tell me that they'd found a possible vacancy for me. It was for for less money, working further away and in a more junior role. I passed.
An agency put my CV in for a role on my team... oh how my boss and I laughed!
I did actually use to have a very good agent (hark at me, Mr Big Shot! :D) who dealt with me as a person and we worked together on getting me the best job with the best deal. Whenever I wanted to change I would call him up and go from there, but he left recruitment to go do something else. :(
They spelled Teesside wrong
DavPaz wrote:
They spelled Teesside wrong

I didn't even notice, but then who cares ;)

Now, if they had spelt Tyneside wrong, on the other hand...
Thing I've learned today. CAPTCHA stands (badly) for Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart.
Apparently BT Broadband is suffering a significant outage. Zen and Plusnet affected.
If this was posted in a few days time no-one would actually believe it (and i've not tried it yet but will have a look tonight) - apparently Goldeneye for the N64 made by Rare included a spectrum emulator and 10 Ultimate games

http://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48139

Quote:
GoldenEye Spectrum Emulation Unlocked

Little benownst to the world all this time, GoldenEye (N64) has a fully-functional ZX Spectrum 48x emulator built into it. By feeding it a proper Spectrum monitor program and calling menu 25 to load a snapshot, any Spectrum 48x program can be run.

The emulator started life as a side project to see if Spectrum emulation was possible on N64 and was hooked into GE, the current game in development. It was supposed to be removed before release but was only made inaccessible and inoperable. All the registers, dependancies, and script required to run the emulator still reside in retail GoldenEye carts.

The original list of games were previous Rare titles, then known as Ultimate Play the Game. The embedded filelist is, in order:
Code:

Code:
em/data/sabre.seg.rz      Sabre Wulf
em/data/atic.seg.rz      Atic Atac
em/data/jetpac.seg.rz   Jetpac
em/data/jetman.seg.rz   Lunar Jetman
em/data/alien8.seg.rz   Alien 8
em/data/gunfright.seg.rz   Gun Fright
em/data/under.seg.rz      Underwurlde
em/data/knightlore.seg.rz   Knight Lore
em/data/pssst.seg.rz      Pssst
em/data/cookie.seg.rz   Cookie
em/data/spec_rom.seg.rz   Spectrum 16k monitor program

Yes i realise this still might just be a joke - however i'll believe it for now :-)
It's early for April 1st, but it could be a joke. How would this have stayed hidden for all these years especially since those file names are quite obvious?

Still... Excellent if it's true!
TheVision wrote:
It's early for April 1st, but it could be a joke. How would this have stayed hidden for all these years especially since those file names are quite obvious?

Still... Excellent if it's true!

Some of the discussion around it has pointed out that Rare's next game was DK64 and it included the spectrum version of Jetpack as an unlockable extra so this could just have been their test code which was left on the cart by mistake.
Zardoz's usual moan about Beex Week being late this week is late this week.
devilman wrote:

how is it late? The magic time is 14.37 isnt it?
Slightly Green wrote:
devilman wrote:

:facepalm:
Trooper wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:
devilman wrote:

:?:
13.37 dude! Leet!
Trooper wrote:
13.37 dude! Leet!

Slightly Green wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:
devilman wrote:

:?:

At the risk of :boots: the idea was that it was posted at leet o'clock (so 13:37) - and although the clocks changed last weekend I think peoples expectations would be that it would be posted at 13:37BST
Page 58 of 60 [ 2974 posts ]