Ode To Grim...
There was a young man called Grim...
For whom plumbing was really his thing
But when it came to the vote
He had not a hope
And now we've just gone and lynched him.
A Grim... Haiku

Offering ten beers a piece:
'Not guilty', the beers
On the table sit.
I don't understand any of this. Lousy cliques everywhere.
Grim... Grim... Grim... Grimgrim!
We strung him up
Grimgrim Grim Grim Grim!

(macho-man, obv)
Grim is dead
Grim is dead
He'll never find out
I shat in (censored - Mary Whitehouse)
Mimi wrote:
A Grim... Haiku

'Not guilty', the beers
On the table sit.

There is no beer, as I wasn't a bad man. Like I said.

CUS wrote:
Lousy cliques everywhere.

Whilst I approve of the game, I am inclined to agree.

[edit]Also: Cunts
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
A Grim... Haiku

'Not guilty', the beers
On the table sit.

That's why they still sit there yes.
Dudley wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
A Grim... Haiku

'Not guilty', the beers
On the table sit.

That's why they still sit there yes.

Yes, that's the point. You weren't guilty so didn't give them away, so they still sit in front of you.

Tut.
Why would I have bought them, deductive geniuses?
Grim... wrote:
CUS wrote:
Lousy cliques everywhere.

Whilst I approve of the game, I am inclined to agree.

Only cos you got lynched. ;)

It can't have everyone playing, I guess, as that would be unwieldy. And it was open to all to join in.

Quote:
[edit]Also: Cunts

heh!
Because you want to get drunk to take away the pain of being hanged?
I'd hardly say that there was an anti-Grim... clique on the boards! If anything you're one of the more revered members, I would have thought.
Grim... wrote:

Because it is a great way of proving your point.

And because you have so much money that it doesn't matter to you. You used the boiled down essence of Bollinger to power your rocket-fuelled Land Rover. A land Rover which you race around the dirt track you've had installed on your giant flying yacht. Ten pints just to point and laugh at your internet friends means nothing to you.
Grim... wrote:

Because you're celebrating being vindicated.

Quote:
And it was open to all to join in.

For about 12 seconds! :'(
Dudley wrote:
Quote:
And it was open to all to join in.

For about 12 seconds! :'(

Hey, not everyone can go to Glastonbury either. ;)
No, and if there were three Glastonbury threads for no good reason, I'd say that was similarly retarded.

Curiosity wrote:
I'd hardly say that there was an anti-Grim... cleek on the boards! If anything you're one of the more revered members, I would have thought.

I'm not anti-anyone (merely pro-me, given the climate of 'Be Like Us' on this forum), but go on, you intrigue me with your hypothesis.
I was reading, last night, about a biofuelled Triumph 675. It eats 23 apples every seven and a half feet that it travels on full chat.
Hey if there are 20 disenchanted peeps who feel they've missed out, there's nothing technically stopping running two games simultaneously. It'd be InsaneFest 2008, but fun! :D
There's also always the handy expedient of not reading any Glastonbury threads, of course. I'm personally offended by the existence of any sport threads at all, and I don't understand any of the talk about people with silly names playing feetball, but there we are.
This is a poetry thread.

We will start a poetry thread about you when you have the honour to die for your (imaginary) country. Well, small village.
Mr Chris wrote:
There's also always the handy expedient of not reading any Glastonbury threads, of course.

Not when complaining that 3 threads on the subject is more than enough (especially since they are at least 4, thinking about it), is a far more sensible course of action.

Mr Chris wrote:
I'm personally offended by the existence of any sport threads at all, and I don't understand any of the talk about people with silly names playing feetball, but there we are.

The sports threads are in the Sports sub-forum, the football threads included.

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Hey if there are 20 disenchanted peeps who feel they've missed out

I didn't want to play. So I'm even less inclined to read the 3/4+ threads on the subject. I mean, even GTAIV only got... what... 2 threads? And that's much more inclusive a subject.
Good grief... does it really matter that there are three threads about it different aspects of something? Especially when one is (well, was when the threads were created) locked?
CUS wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:
There's also always the handy expedient of not reading any Glastonbury threads, of course.

Not when complaining that 3 threads on the subject is more than enough (especially since they are at least 4, thinking about it), is a far more sensible course of action.

We'll have to agree to disagree there. I'd have thought not doing something is always less effort than doing something - and it's not like they're preventing you from reading other threads by clogging up the entire front page, or anything. So it's coming across as slightly sour, to be honest.

And I'm now in the position of not being able to post on the mafiascum thread too, as I'm dead. :'(

Quote:
Mr Chris wrote:
I'm personally offended by the existence of any sport threads at all, and I don't understand any of the talk about people with silly names playing feetball, but there we are.

The sports threads are in the Sports sub-forum, the football threads included.

I'd noticed a stray sport thread on the main board a while ago, and it made me recoil in horror. Brrrr.
Curiosity wrote:
Good grief... does it really matter that there are three threads about it different aspects of something? Especially when one is (well, was when the threads were created) locked?

Yes, people complain about it, especially if they're non-videogames related. Just a load of stupid cliquey bollocks. You people should be thanking me for warning you.

Mr Chris wrote:
So it's coming across as slightly sour, to be honest.

Sour? No. Wanting to see consistency across this forum in its application of rules, laws and various other silliness? Yes. Especially as it's a minority interest, three threads is more than enough, I don't care how much you're all giggling over it.
CUS wrote:
Yes, people complain about it, especially if they're non-videogames related. Just a load of stupid cliquey bollocks. You people should be thanking me for warning you.

I'll thank you...

...WITH A PUNCH IN THE FACE!!!
Hey, I'm happy to have a bleedin' Mafia sub-forum if it's going to offend the delicate sensibilities of others, it's all the same to me.
Mimi wrote:
This is a poetry thread.

We should have a poetry thread.
CUS wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

:S

I only wrote a poem to take the p*** out of Grim... I thought the entire forum, including Grim... himself, was a united force in that...
Yeah, I count an "Actual game" thread, a glorified "Game discussion" thread and one thread of gentle grim ribbling poetry.

Repetition call denied, Craster you have 32 seconds on "Why we'll miss Townie Grim... starting now..."
CUS wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Sorry, have you been getting complaints about these things PM'd to you? As I've not noticed anyone else complain about this. If they did then that would, I agree, be a problem.

Quote:
Mr Chris wrote:
So it's coming across as slightly sour, to be honest.

Sour? No. Wanting to see consistency across this forum in its application of rules, laws and various other silliness? Yes. Especially as it's a minority interest, three threads is more than enough, I don't care how much you're all giggling over it.

I'd missed the rule in the rule thread about not having more than one thread on a topic. It may entirely not be the case, but this is coming across a bit like you being annoyed about not being included in something and wanting everyone else to shut up about it.

As I said, if you're not interested, don't read the threads. Simple. Same way as people don't have to read, say, threads about DS games.
Mr Chris wrote:
I'd missed the rule in the rule thread about not having more than one thread on a topic. It may entirely not be the case, but this is coming across a bit like you being annoyed about not being included in something and wanting everyone else to shut up about it.

Actually, it's simply just my following the rules (after people such as yourself moaned about my being 'clever' in trying to circumvent them previously, it seemed appropriate to just point out that you were breaking 'em yourselves in as simple a way as possible).

I really didn't want to be involved in your game, I made two comments in its thread before realizing it was closed to players only, and was quite happy that you were all off having fun doing Something.

Quote:
As I said, if you're not interested, don't read the threads. Simple. Same way as people don't have to read, say, threads about DS games.

No, that argument doesn't work. You've already rubbished it yourself in your last breath, discussing sports games.
CUS wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

Actually, it's simply just my following the rules (after people such as yourself moaned about my being 'clever' in trying to circumvent them previously, it seemed appropriate to just point out that you were breaking 'em yourselves in as simple a way as possible).

You've lost me - following what rules?

And what rule is being broken by having three threads on the Mafia game? You still haven't made that clear.

Quote:
Quote:

No, that argument doesn't work. You've already rubbished it yourself in your last breath, discussing sports games.

Sigh. The joke about recoiling in horror, you mean? As I've mentioned repeatedly in the past, I'd have no problem with all of the sub fora being in the main board.

If I don't want to read something (and there are a lot of threads on this board I don't bother reading) I don't click on the thread. What I don't do is post snide comments about everyone else being ghastly cliques for talking about stuff I'm not interested in.

Are you getting some sort of enjoyment out of this?
Oh departed Grim
As bones would say
"He's Dead, Jim"
Oh, come on now, guys :(
Mimi wrote:
Oh, come on now, guys :(

You're right, sorry. I'm being dragged away from the noble ideals of excellence, so it's a good idea if Il depart and do some work, now.

I hope you chaps manage to actually lynch the right person this time... :)
I don't! Lousy townies, they should have listened to Grim....

Go go serial killer!
I too must depart for at least a couple of hours and get some proper work done. Try not to lynch me while I'm gone :)
A haiku:

CUS is a silly man, yes
If he likes it not
Then the door is over there
No neeeed.

I've never been in a clique before. Though to be honest, I'm not really sure it is one, as entry is open to anyone, you don't even need an ex-box to play.

Just a bit of fun innit?
kalmar wrote:
No neeeed.

I've never been in a clique before. Though to be honest, I'm not really sure it is one, as entry is open to anyone, you don't even need an ex-box to play.

Just a bit of fun innit?

*bleeds on you*
myoptika wrote:
A haiku:

CUS is a silly man, yes
If he likes it not
Then the door is over there

It were lovely. So, "Do what we want without question or you can fuck off"? I see. Sigh...

Is that what you want me to say?
Yes, but it only refers to you.
Well now that hardly seems fair or excellent.

So "silly men" must obey without question, eh? 1984 comes in many subtle guises, and all that jazz.
The man known as C.U.S
Takes everything
Far, far too seriously

Winding up the swirly one:
Favoured hobby of
Myoptikakakaka
Mimi writes Haiku Poems
With the skill level
Of a wasted marsh vole.
start with only five
add a line with seven in
then another five
CUS wrote:
Well now that hardly seems fair or excellent.

You've lost all your rights and privileges with regard to those. Anyway, I'm not feeding your ego-monster any further. Bye!
Sinister is right
Mimi is a crap poet
And we all know it
Page 1 of 3 [ 150 posts ]