The Pinball Arcade
For just about every OS in Jan
Hmmm - Microsoft have pulled the tables from XBLA ?

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/ ... 9217758477

Quote:
Microsoft has not told us why Table Pack 3 has been removed from the store despite our numerous attempts to contact them. When we know something, we will pass along the information.
Something isn't right somewhere. I'm happy to dig into Microsoft for being cunts, but with the number of problems this one game has had compared to every other game on XBLA, coupled with the bugginess, the developer's webshite, the archaic menu system in the game, etc, I'm starting to get a TINY inkling that these guys are absolute clowns.

Still, it's the best pinball game I've ever played so swings and roundabouts.
WTB wrote:
Something isn't right somewhere. I'm happy to dig into Microsoft for being cunts, but with the number of problems this one game has had compared to every other game on XBLA, coupled with the bugginess, the developer's webshite, the archaic menu system in the game, etc, I'm starting to get a TINY inkling that these guys are absolute clowns.

Still, it's the best pinball game I've ever played so swings and roundabouts.

:this:

Things like the 'broken' out of the box releases on itunes have been the same the only real difference is that they got the updates out slightly quicker (when Monster Bash was first released on Itunes if you got Multiball it zoomed into the Frankenstein figure and the camera did not move so you had to play the rest of the ball 'blind' - took about a week to fix - the also released a broken update on IOS last week which removed all the lighting from a table which they fixed yesterday)
Damn - thought I'd done all the wizard goals on Medieval Madness by reaching the Battle for the Kingdom, but you have to win the battle. Still, just over 400 million in the end.
MrC wrote:
Damn - thought I'd done all the wizard goals on Medieval Madness by reaching the Battle for the Kingdom, but you have to win the battle. Still, just over 400 million in the end.

I'll get the chase on with Medieval Madness in due course MrC, currently thrashing through another £122K mega-wager though which I want to get finished before the weekend :S

400m is a seriously good score though, going to be a hard one to beat.

Haven't obtained Table Pack 3 yet and by the sounds of it I could do with keeping clear for a while anyway :o
AtrocityExhibition wrote:
MrC wrote:

I'll get the chase on with Medieval Madness in due course MrC, currently thrashing through another £122K mega-wager though which I want to get finished before the weekend :S

400m is a seriously good score though, going to be a hard one to beat.

Haven't obtained Table Pack 3 yet and by the sounds of it I could do with keeping clear for a while anyway :o

Choppo, you’re sneaking gambling talk into the pinball thread…I’m not a gambling man normally, but I’ll risk betting you a fiver and two bags of Wotsits that you don’t beat my MM score by Saturday…
Just missed out on winning the final battle on MM again, but upped the score to 591m.
From their facebook page

Quote:
"This morning, we heard from Microsoft that they mistakenly release the content before its official release date. We are now scheduled to be (re)released on August 28th.

We are going to need your help, Microsoft has told us that there are no promotions (store placement, etc) available to us regardless of when we released this content. If you like our game, please help us spread the word on XBLA and XBLA forums."
MrC wrote:
Just missed out on winning the final battle on MM again, but upped the score to 591m.

Fuck's sake, man!

Well done! :DD
MrC wrote:

8)
Sixty million on Medieval Madness, pretty damn shit, but I am least starting to get the 'flow' of the table now.

Fuck knows what it'll take to catch MrC though :blown:

I do like this table though, regularly makes me chuckle with some of the voice samples :)

A pact with Satan. It's the only rational explanation.
120m is where I'm at now, I notice you're ahead of me YOG by a comfortable margin :D

I can see myself getting into the groove on this and improving my score, not sure I'll make it to fucking 591m though 8)
Hmm, I can't see the Gorgar/Monster Bash pack on the dash or in the game. Presumably the game's supposed to download an update and isn't doing so?
YOG wrote:
Hmm, I can't see the Gorgar/Monster Bash pack on the dash or in the game. Presumably the game's supposed to download an update and isn't doing so?

That table pack has been put back I think, it was made available briefly in error, as I understand it.
Oh, fair enough. Cheers! Does this mean that MrC has a massive head start on us? Not that he'd need it, of course. :luv:
From what I've heard he already does have a massive head start on us - he plugs himself directly into the Xbox, Matrix-style.
WTB wrote:
From what I've heard he already does have a massive head start on us - he plugs himself directly into the Xbox, Matrix-style.

I'm sure there must be a rule against that somewhere.
To be fair, I have been playing MM to death the last few days (not bored with it yet, either).

It’s really worth going for the bonus multiplier on that table. As far as I can tell there’s no upper limit – I’ve had it up to something like 78x, which gave an end-of-ball bonus of over 100m.

During multiball the left orbit sends the balls up to the bumpers where they’ll happily clatter around increasing your multiplier, so it’s always good to send one or two balls up there to keep them busy while you hoover up all the jackpots with the remaining ball. When you’re not in multiball and have the ball up at the bumpers you can concentrate on switching the lit lanes using the flippers so the multiplier increases even more quickly.

If you’re going for the castle multiball, each time you get the ball in the trap to the left of the castle gate it comes down to the left flipper where you can safely let it bounce off then catch it on the right for another shot at the ball lock.

And as for me plugging myself into the Xbox, well, that’s patently ridiculous (sound of MrC returning to the living room….click…bzzzt, bzzzt………oooooOOHH YEAHHH!)
Mrs AE and AE Jnr are getting into this game on the iPad(2) now, table pack purchases ahoy, as AE Jnr wants to play the same ones she's seen me playing on the 360.

It's fucking amazing watching a true hi-def video game effortlessly shift about at 60FPS on a tablet that's as thin as my mobile, complete with all the proper sounds and music and DMD animations as per the original pinball tables.

It's Poker Night* tonight with the chaps so no pinball, but I'll pick up on MM tomorrow afternoon whilst the family is at the in-laws.

* Proper geek poker, we've got a private table at 888.com and we all goad each other over Teamspeak. Playing for real money too, albeit with a maximum exposure each of £20, so it doesn't get nasty or anything.
YOG wrote:

Looks like I might have negotiated a better contract with this Satan bloke...
MrC wrote:
YOG wrote:

I scarcely dare to load the table up.....
Some great footage of a real BOP here, he does actually start playing it at around 4 minutes in.

I love pinball tables, there's something truly majestic about them.

MrC wrote:
YOG wrote:

I scarcely dare to load the table up.....

Oh, go on...
MrC wrote:
Oh, go on...

Jesus Fucking H Christ.

Attachment:
IMAG0083.jpg
So I'm doing quite well, over 100 million, couple of extra balls in the bank, bonus at 50X multiplier and I trigger Royal Madness.

In comes AE Jnr and starts asking me a load of questions, interrogation style (autism thing):

'Daddy what's your favourite colour.' (Green)

'Daddy, where is your mum's grandma?' (In heaven.)

'Daddy, you didn't have a wife when you were younger?' (That's right I didn't.)

'Daddy, you go to work tomorrow?' (Yes, I will.)

NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS DISTRACTION DID NOT HELP ME.

And to cap it all she laughed her head off when I lost the ball and howled 'NOOOOOOO!'.

'Don't lose your ball Daddy! You get very cross!'
Next Kickstarter is now live

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106 ... generation

currently at $25,000 target of $45,000

Quote:
One of the licensed tables that we’ve always wanted to digitize is Star Trek: The Next Generation. This table was released by Williams in 1993 and is unquestionably one of the greatest pinball tables of all time (in fact it’s currently #3 in user rankings on the Internet Pinball Database!) It was designed by the lengendary Steve Ritchie (who also designed Firepower, Black Knight, High Speed, and Terminator 2). Steve was a lifelong Star Trek fan and he was instrumental in convincing Williams to license the Star Trek property for a new pinball table. Consequently this table features an incredibly deep integration with the Star Trek license. It also has a number of unique play field features, including two aim-able ball-firing cannons and an system of warping balls from one place to another that was so ingenious Williams patented it. It's one of our favorite tables ever!

We’ve succeeded in negotiating all of the licenses we’d need to digitize Star Trek: The Next Generation and bring it to the Pinball Arcade. Unfortunately there are several licenses involved: in addition to the Williams license, we need a license for the Star Trek property and the Star Trek: The Next Generation series, clearances for the actor likenesses on the back glass and play field, and the right to use the actor voiceovers during gameplay. When we add up the costs of each required license and calculate what we’d have to charge for the table, we’ve realized that the Star Trek: The Next Generation is just not commercially viable. The more we charge for the table the fewer people will be able to buy it- and our goal is to expose as many people as possible to this great table, not just a select few.
This could be the first Kickstarter I pledge money too.
In for a tenner.

TZ and now ST:TNG, the years of mourning for my beloved tables is finally coming to an end!

EDIT - Anyone watched the video accompanying the kickstarter? The dude comes across as a really nice guy who genuinely sees his cause of preserving pinball as being a worthwhile endeavour. Cool stuff, happy to support them.
Do they have an ETA for TZ?
Curiosity wrote:
Do they have an ETA for TZ?

I have November in my head, for some reason.

Considering the process they go through to create these tables, I can well imagine it taking them several months.

(If you haven't watched the Kickstarter video in the link above, do so, it's very interesting!)
I have November in my head, for some reason.

Yeah, fucking 2013! :DD (For XBLA, anyway.)

I was also won over by the video. I'll definitely try and chuck them a few quid when I can. I've never been into Star Trek (in fact, I know next to nothing about it), but this table always looked excellent.

Sad to hear how difficult it is to get your hands on an original, though. I think the guy said they go for around $11k. Crazy stuff, especially considering how much maintenance they require on top of the initial outlay.
Looking forward to playing TZ on the Xbox 720!
YOG wrote:
Sad to hear how difficult it is to get your hands on an original, though. I think the guy said they go for around $11k. Crazy stuff, especially considering how much maintenance they require on top of the initial outlay.

I have to stop myself thinking about what my pristine TZ and ST:TNG would have been worth today :(
I bet!

Annoyingly, after spending half an hour on BOP and scoring fuck all, I've just started a new game and got 3 billion on the first metamorphosis. :nerd:

Hell, if you kept your cool, you could hit the balls up the centre ramp after they drop, then flick them back up the left ramp for a shot at the billionaire's club all day. (Edit: ah, no, she changes back even if you're doing well?)
YOG wrote:
Hell, if you kept your cool, you could hit the balls up the centre ramp after they drop, then flick them back up the left ramp for a shot at the billionaire's club all day. (Edit: ah, no, she changes back even if you're doing well?)

Not as far as I'm aware?

That's the 'dream combo' once you're on the 'alive lady':

1) Balls drop out of lady (fnar) onto left flipper, flick one after the other up the centre ramp (getting the 1 billion in the process if it's there).

2) Balls are sent to the right flipper from the centre ramp, one at a time, hit them both up the left ramp.

3) Get the big wheel spin.

4) GOTO 1

I'm not aware there's a limit on doing that, although it could well be I'm too shit to have ever seen it.....
Yeah, I could swear she just turned back to normal after 3 billions (earned consecutively with the 'dream combo'). Maybe I just lost a ball and didn't see the bastard, though. :p

That game went to shite almost immediately after the good start, of course. >:(
Back to MM today. I got my highest score on (I think) my second ever go, but now I'm struggling to break 100-150m. MrC's score looks such a long way off... :'(
YOG wrote:
Back to MM today. I got my highest score on (I think) my second ever go, but now I'm struggling to break 100-150m. MrC's score looks such a long way off... :'(

3rd in the world at the time. too.....hey, I was due some revenge after you kicked me around the room on the last batch of Marvel tables :D
You should try beating those, mate! Those scores didn't come from particularly special games. Hell, I still didn't really know what I was doing on the Hulk one - I just happened to start a few good multiballs and basically just tried to get the balls stuck up between the bumpers for as long as possible. :p
YOG wrote:
You should try beating those, mate! Those scores didn't come from particularly special games. Hell, I still didn't really know what I was doing on the Hulk one - I just happened to start a few good multiballs and basically just tried to get the balls stuck up between the bumpers for as long as possible. :p

Maybe later, I’m too addicted to this one at the moment. And ever since WTB planted his seed of an idea, I’m still trying to work out how to plug myself directly into the Xbox.

Also, the leaderboards are looking a bit empty - whatever happened to all the high-score merchants and leaderboard whores? I’m thinking of Trousers, Malc74, Consolemad, Runcle and the like.

Oh, and one just for WTB – my wife had a go on MM at the weekend and beat your score at the first attempt…
Oh bugger off!

(The old school leaderboard folk will catch up eventually - some of them are busy!)
We're all busy, sweet cheeks, and unless you have some kind of direct line to the people I mentioned I'd politely suggest that you shut the fuck up.
Er, sorry about that Wogan, I think the heat got to me.
I like the new cocky, swaggering MrC, pumped with the power of his awe-inspiring pinball scores.
Craster wrote:
I like the new cocky, swaggering MrC, pumped with the power of his awe-inspiring pinball scores.

MrC yesterday

zaphod79 wrote:
Craster wrote:

MrC yesterday

BEST CRAZY ROCK OPERA EVER.

I must have watched the film fifty times or more, it never gets old.

Although the bit where they smash up all the pinballs is very upsetting.
Cocky and swaggering? Now that really is funny, but look, I did apologise, even if blaming the weather is a bit lame. Twat.
Page 8 of 17 [ 820 posts ]