Christmas trees! SHOW US YOUR RIG
I added flashing LEDs to mine!
Snowicide Pinetrees wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
My rig this year has external storage running across the mantle piece.

What light-transmission speed have you got?

Not benchmarked this set up yet, but just looking at the baubles I can tell the polygon count is up by 50% on last year.
Thanks Mimi and Perkies :) Jen did the tree decorating, I just put on my favourite baubles. The Giraffe is George, he has known Jen longer than is have. He's our guard Giraffe.
Thanks for the likes folks, this will encourage me to really push it for next years build. We use a special under-tree-cloth thing to hide the base and keep cable fuss at a minimum.

Nice colour scheme Mimi, tbh though I thought you'd have knitted your own tree.

Gilly, your house looks really cosy, well done on making it your home this year. Great giraffe.

Everyone else, well done, great to see people getting into the swing of things. Especially those with prezzies under the tree already.

Craster, you're a lazy shit.
This year's tree including paragliding fairy.
Attachment:
2012-12-08 16.26.09.jpg
Our tree looks exactly the same as last year, but we have a new wall decoration addition:

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354986694.002952.jpg
Our tree has survived the trip across the sea, and Mrs Meaty is setting it up today. Need to go buy replacement lights, though.
I might add a few baubles to his antlers :)
Oops, sorry Meaty, I couldn't edit my post (Tapatalk) so posted a second time. Enjoy putting up your tree :)
Oh, and get the LED lights because the power consumption is ace, there are no bulbs to go and they look lovely and bright and sparkly :D
ZOMG SPAM.

Yeah, LEDS are great, low power consumption (not that I pay the electric bill here) and you can set all the flashing patterns to make it look like some twat's custom PC case.
metalangel wrote:
ZOMG SPAM.

I know. I got overexcited because Christmas wooo!
I had, not unexpectedly, no input into the decorating whatsoever.
devilman wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Craster wrote:
We're never at home on Christmas day, so our house is entirely free of Christmas paraphanalia. The wife has an advent calender, that's it.

Hello Mr Scrooge!

I'm worse than Craster. I'm usually home all over Christmas and I don't put any decorations up at all. I don't even own Christmas Nights on the Saturn any more.

Looking at my post from last year, I can say I've definitely improved. I own Christmas Nights now.
This thread fills me with the spirit of the season...and I don't like it.

Here it is... Mrs Meaty was up into the wee hours putting it together.
Russell has just made a new star to sit atop our tree of white and blue:

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355078076.181506.jpg
Top work Mr Russell
Heh, cheers. Mimi helped me pick the colours, but now we are Christmas INVINCIBLE!
Here's a rubbish photo of mine.

I'd rather have them bare than decorated, to be honest.
Grim... wrote:
I'd rather have them bare than decorated, to be honest.

:hat:

Also: Why?

Russ: Top Work!
I think they look better.
Well, trees are very nice, yes. If you're going to not bother decorating it you may as well leave it outside where trees live than chopping the fucker down and putting it in your living room though.
Cras Kringle wrote:
Well, trees are very nice, yes. If you're going to not bother decorating it you may as well leave it outside where trees live than chopping the fucker down and putting it in your living room though.

Why not just decorate it outside, too?
Because you don't them decorated.
Zardoz wrote:
Because you don't them decorated.

Huh?
Cras Kringle wrote:
I had, not unexpectedly, no input into the decorating whatsoever.

OOh, pretty, I wonder what clever crafty skilled person did THAT!

;)
Mimistletoe Kisses wrote:

Attachment:

Awesome!
New Scientist bods have a weeping angel on top of their tree

http://ow.ly/i/1e4UX/original

New Scientist wins!

(unless someone has a Cthulhu on top of their tree as someone tweeted last year)
Oh man. Ikea was doing Christmas trees last weekend for 25 quid and get a 20 quid off Ikea voucher!

Although I dislike Ikea at busy times.
Here's our tree, with added bonus of me celebrating a successful overclock.
Attachment:
photo.jpg
itsallwater wrote:
Although I dislike Ikea at busy times.

You and Darwin.
Mimistletoe Kisses wrote:

Attachment:

Russell sure does like his beads...
We don't have a christmas tree up. Or any decorations.
MaliA wrote:
We don't have a christmas tree up. Or any decorations.

SCROOGE!
I detect post-processing trickery!
Grim... wrote:
I detect post-processing trickery!

Yeah. I had to crop where I did to remove a big floorstanding speaker just to the right of the tree, but it left a couple of pictures on the wall half in the pic and half outside it. I didn't like that so I removed them.
Is it not HDRd too?
Looks like a Christmas card.
Grim... wrote:
Is it not HDRd too?

Nope. There were no other lights on in the room, and it was shot with a long exposure of a couple of seconds. That's what gives it the flood of light effect.
Lots of prezzies there already, Doc.

Or did you add them in?
Those are mine and Danielle's presents to each other, plus a chunk of ones for family and friends -- the rest are still on the dining table waiting to be wrapped.
Morte's room, yesterday.

Just hows I like it.
That's how he likes it.
Page 2 of 7 [ 334 posts ]