Christmas trees! SHOW US YOUR RIG
I added flashing LEDs to mine!
Grim... wrote:
£2

I’m waiting
Seren's Nativity, the baby Doofus had a cut and the doctor lady spread it open so she can clean it. Meanwhile the shepherd rockets around with her bottle boosters but now they've all stopped to look at the view.
I love my geeky tree.
Just remembered that I needed to put mine on here.
myp wrote:
Grim... wrote:
£2

I’m waiting

Still waiting
Joans finally got ours up late yesterday afternoon.
Cute, though yours and Zoidberg’s have both fallen over! Does the pale turquoise bauble have pictures of your face all over it, GJ?
Heh, that's mobile uploads for you!

It's Buzz Light-year: Space Ranger.

We have Toy Story and Star Wars baubles. :)
We haven’t bothered this year. Partly because our living room looks like this, and partly because we don’t feel particularly Christmassy because fuck 2020
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Heh, that's mobile uploads for you!

It's Buzz Light-year: Space Ranger.

We have Toy Story and Star Wars baubles. :)

Ohhh! Cute! I noticed the Star Wars one but that was a bit too far away. Lovely!
Goddess Jasmine: Star Command
myp wrote:
We haven’t bothered this year. Partly because our living room looks like this, and partly because we don’t feel particularly Christmassy because fuck 2020

What are you doing to your living room? Some twinkly lights go a long way to helping with the festive cheer. I hope you have a nice Christmas period and if not nice, then I hope it’s at least bearable :luv:
So far we’ve stripped all the wallpaper (mind numbing) and it’s been fully replastered (expensive).

Now we’re painting it (slowly). New sofa and TV arrive in Feb, which should just about give us enough time…
myp wrote:

I felt the same way to be honest. But Joan's put some Christmas music on and got three up and we've just chucked a load of stuff into the extension. At least it is starting to feel a bit homely for a few days for the first time since September.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
myp wrote:

But Joan's put some Christmas music on and got three up

:hat:
Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
myp wrote:

But Joan's put some Christmas music on and got three up

:hat:

Giphy "wiggle eyebrows":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/mJhEhdDqbPb2Jmd36d/giphy-loop.mp4
Bumpety bump. Send in the pics for 2021!
We are trying to work out when to buy ours this year. Helen’s work pattern means it may be a bit too early so it dies off, or too late to be worth bothering with and a pants choice left.

Could have to sneak away from work for an hour or so.
The beginning. Getting trees sorted at weekend.
MaliA wrote:

I love those city silhouettes and snowflakes.
Ours went up at the weekend when Chloe was here.
Is that a Mario star made of Lego at the top of your tree Kov?
This went up on sunday, not even december!

Attachment:
2b2ab37d-91ce-4da7-a688-0d0583ff3361.jpg
MaliA wrote:

That looks lovely..
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Ours went up at the weekend when Chloe was here.

I have George on Saturday, will do mine then.
We're not putting a tree up this year because I'm worried about the dog, so if anyone has any ideas for making houses look festive without trees, I'm all ears. Or eyes, if I'm reading the suggestions, I guess.
Jem wrote:
We're not putting a tree up this year because I'm worried about the dog, so if anyone has any ideas for making houses look festive without trees, I'm all ears. Or eyes, if I'm reading the suggestions, I guess.

I thought this idea was cool when I first saw it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifehacks/comm ... lights_on/
We did something similar when Darwin was a year old and we also had five people staying with us in our little flat for Christmas. We used some sparkly washy tape to create a tree on the wall, which gave us a lot more space than an actual tree, and nothing for grabby baby fingers.

I bought Ma a wrought iron tree that sits flat against the wall and has places to hang baubles, because she was short on space. That was from the National Trust.
Are those the girls’ baby socks? They are super cute!
Trooper wrote:
This went up on sunday, not even december!

Attachment:
2b2ab37d-91ce-4da7-a688-0d0583ff3361.jpg

That’s a super pretty tree.
Mimi wrote:

Advent socks! Yule note (well done -Ed) that they are not above a functional fireplace as we did that last year and everything in them melted .
MaliA wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Advent socks! Yule note (well done -Ed) that they are not above a functional fireplace as we did that last year and everything in them melted .

Heh, Chloe put a kinder Bueno bar in her back pocket at the weekend, then put the heated car seat on high. That did not end well. :D

That looks lovely though Mali, very cheery and festive. :)
DavPaz wrote:
Jem wrote:

I thought this idea was cool when I first saw it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifehacks/comm ... lights_on/

I've seen very similar things, made out of wood (or even sticks and branches) and I think they look really cool. I like the modern look of the straight wood one - I saw one that the staff in a DIY shop made over the weekend and it was neat.

Failing that, tInsel and lights up high (around the picture rail if you have one, over door frames, around light fittings) is also a quick and easy one too, I've certainly just chucked stuff up high and been pretty happy with the result - and no sproglings or animals can get to them. Ours love some bits of tinsel pinned above their bedroom doors.
Ahh these ideas are all really good :luv:
No tree yet, but the hall has acquired a few bits.
Nice!
I have that Lego Penguin!
We haven't put ours up yet, but we did go looking for one today, and our local Dobbies had this sorry specimen on sale for FIFTY POUNDS.
We let the kids decorate the tree and so it's a bit haphazard but they had a great time and it's charmingly wonky.

Plus, fuck it, good enough and I didn't have to do much.
Once again I cannot take a decent picture of the tree and chose the most awkward time of day.
Bit more shite to go on there yet. Also "tree skirts" were the new thing at our garden centre this year so we had to get one. The idea is that they make it an almost impossible unbelievable faff to get the tree secured into the base.

Attachment:
PXL_20211205_195005840.jpg
That’s gorgeous, Mark! My friend got one of those tree skirts a couple of years ago. I did consider one but we like to put our gifts around the tree (keeps them out the way, that way) and I thought it’d be too bulky. I love your deer!

The wool reindeer front and centre on the tree is ace. And your skateboard shelves are brill.
I like the ghost of reindeers past.
I love the skate board shelves too..
Tree has had stuff thrown at it
Very nice.

I thought that picture was Peppa Pig at first.
Going to get ours tomorrow evening, and it’ll look like this when we do n
Page 5 of 7 [ 334 posts ]