Wild China
I heartily recommend watching this documentary. This pretty much sums it up

"Documentary that brings pioneering images that capture the dazzling array of mysterious and wonderful creatures that live in China's most beautiful landscapes."

It's on in 5 minutes on BBC2.
Yep, we started watching this series when it started. Fab. Only missing Mr Attenborough's dulcet tones.
Guess I missed it then, drat.
Zardoz wrote:
Guess I missed it then, drat.

It'll be on iPlayer. I don't know how quickly they upload them though.
They currently have last week's Shangri-La episode on iPlayer.
The Shangri-La one was utterly excellent. The Tibet one (was repeated last night), wasn't quite as ace, but still excellent. Think I'll be picking this up on DVD if it comes out.
KevR wrote:
They currently have last week's Shangri-La episode on iPlayer.

Cheers. That was excellent and beautiful. I particularly enjoyed the Bamboo Bats, Bamboo Rats and Hornets parts.

I'll definitely have to watch the next part some time soon.
I am just, er, legally acquiring these three episodes now - though, to be honest, I find any nature documentary not fronted by lovely Sir david just 'not right' usually.
Mimi wrote:
I am just, er, legally acquiring these three episodes now - though, to be honest, I find any nature documentary not fronted by lovely Sir david just 'not right' usually.

Aye, I'd normally agree, and suggest we get Mr. Attenborough to record every past, present and future word so we'll still have him narrating when he pops his clogs. Or finding a really good impersonator might be cheaper.

The guy in this programme wasn't bad though, in all fairness to him. He certainly isn't as bad as the over-the-top Hollywood voice-over people trying to add drama and suspense to the most ill-fitting images.
nynfortoo wrote:
Aye, I'd normally agree, and suggest we get Mr. Attenborough to record every past, present and future word so we'll still have him narrating when he pops his clogs.

I think I have suggested this exact same thing before now :) He is just magic
Three episodes? I thought we'd only had two so far? My OCD sense is tingling and I must see the third if it has been already.

edit: Buggery! I saw the repeat of the first episode last Saturday, and the new one last night, missing the second episode.
KevR wrote:

I'll have to torrent the first. I can't watch anything with those sign-language people in the corners. They're really distracting.
Another mighty fine episode, now available on iPlayer.

Episode 4 : Beyond The Great Wall
KevR wrote:
Another mighty fine episode, now available on iPlayer.

Episode 4 : Beyond The Great Wall

Cheers, Kev. Lunchtime iPlayer-me-do.
I can tell the difference between boy and girl flies.
I NEED to go to that ice park.
I was hugely pissed off by the whinging (mostly in the Grauniad, I think) about how they should have been more political and mentioned how nasty the Chinese government is.

In a wildlife program.

About wildlife.

I mean, what? So to maintain balance any documentary about British wildlife should mention our propensity for invading countries illegally, then.

Cunts.
Mr Chris wrote:

I mean, what? So to maintain balance any documentary about British wildlife should mention our propensity for invading countries illegally, then.

Ultimate Force does that on a regular basis. It's ace it is.
Grant Mitchell being a big monkey doesn't make Ultimate Force a wildlife program.
Mr Chris wrote:
I was hugely pissed off by the whinging (mostly in the Grauniad, I think) about how they should have been more political and mentioned how nasty the Chinese government is.

In a wildlife program.

About wildlife.

Cunts.

Agreed. I want to learn about wildlife. If I want to learn about how nasty the Chinese government is, then I'll read the Grauniad, natch.

The Grauniad TV Channel, yesterday:

"And now here's a look at the overlooked traditional cooking of Russia, and how an unsung Petersburg couple seek to export it to the wider world." (Cue titles and then...) "Russia invaded Chechnya in 1996, a move that led to unprecedented human rights violations..."

Wild China is ace, btw.
Mr Chris wrote:
Grant Mitchell being a big monkey doesn't make Ultimate Force a wildlife program.

Nor a documentary.
GazChap wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

Nor a documentary.

Nor a program.
Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ]