Being Excellent in.... Liverpool!
Details in First Post
2009?
Craster wrote:
You're less useful than mould.

Alberto will know, because he booked it. I am also having problems remembering, for entirely unrelated reasons...
I've eventually found it was called the Staybridge Suites, although most of the email conversation appeared to be about going to Manchester. And rape.
Don't forget to bring an iron!

I'm sad I won't be going to this now. :(
I figured out the date by looking at my Guitar Hero Aerosmith achievements :nerd:
Alberto wrote:
I figured out the date by looking at my Guitar Hero Aerosmith achievements :nerd:

I thought we played that on the morning of my wedding?
myp it wrote:
Don't forget to bring an iron!

I'm sad I won't be going to this now. :(

It was a surprise to us all* that Liverpool has discovered basic household appliances.

*not all of us.
myp it wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Yes. I was asking the year of your wedding, so the date I was referring to was obviously the date of your wedding. Wedding.
Alberto wrote:
myp it wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Yes. I was asking the year of your wedding, so the date I was referring to was obviously the date of your wedding. Wedding.

Ah, I completely ignored about six posts on the previous page as I was in such a rush to answer.
Joans wrote:
I've eventually found it was called the Staybridge Suites, although most of the email conversation appeared to be about going to Manchester. And rape.

Similarly, the email I found referred to Mr Tonsils. Which confused me until I realised I got the train with curiosity.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Joans wrote:

Similarly, the email I found referred to Mr Tonsils. Which confused me until I realised I got the train with curiosity.

Bearing in mind I shared a room with him that night, is this something I should have been warned about?
Does anyone want to come to Manchester with me?
In all seriousness, the Staybridge suites were nice but not cheap... at least, not as cheap as some would want their accommodation to be. I have vague memories of taking £100 off everyone, although that included karting and subsidised Myp for the weekend.
Alberto wrote:
In all seriousness, the Staybridge suites were nice but not cheap... at least, not as cheap as some would want their accommodation to be. I have vague memories of taking £100 off everyone, although that included karting and subsidised Myp for the weekend.

Don't forget your rake.
There seems to be about 10 staybridge hotels in liverpool, I just picked 1 at random, and it seems to be about £100 for the night...

Malc
I paid 80 for a fucking Travelodge (fucking not included), so whatev.
Malc wrote:
There seems to be about 10 staybridge hotels in liverpool, I just picked 1 at random, and it seems to be about £100 for the night...

Malc

We were at the Albert Dock one, right near the Beatles Story place for lack of knowing any street names
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Don't forget your rake.

Alberto, 2009
Alberto wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

We were at the Albert Dock one, right near the Beatles Story place for lack of knowing any street names

I picked one near there, but there were 2 or 3, not knowing Liverpool at all, I didn't know which one, either way that's too much for me (I'll probably need to stay for 3 nights!)

Looking for something less than half that per night really...

Malc
See Riles, you flashy spendthrift boob? SEE?
Alberto wrote:

I don't care. Because I'm fucking rich.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Alberto wrote:

I don't care. Because I'm fucking rich.

S'not what Rich says.
There's a YMCA just over the road?
DavPaz wrote:
There's a YMCA just over the road?

Good job it isn't this month or I'd fit right in there.
Leave it with me. There are apartments all over the city with weekend leases. I'll do some research
Could you also ensure that hermione is available. Thx.
DavPaz wrote:
Leave it with me. There are apartments all over the city with weekend leases. I'll do some research

Just so we're clear, if I end up staying somewhere that doesn't do a proper breakfast I'm burning the place to the fucking ground.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Could you also ensure that hermione is available. Thx.

Was that one of the 13-year-old Beyonce fans you were ogling?
Craster wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Just so we're clear, if I end up staying somewhere that doesn't do a proper breakfast I'm burning the place to the fucking ground.

Noted.
myp it wrote:

You'd been in bed for quite some time when hermione entered our lives. Anyway, I wasn't ogling the beyonce fans, I was physically incapable of blinking.

Re breakfast, that is a good point against staybridge.
So we're watching both Bill and Ted films, then The Silence Of The Lambs, then Aliens, right?
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
myp it wrote:

You'd been in bed for quite some time when hermione entered our lives. Anyway, I wasn't ogling the beyonce fans, I was physically incapable of blinking.

Re breakfast, that is a good point against staybridge.

It may be the drink and hazy memories talking, but she was the hottest girl ever.
Grim... wrote:
So we're watching both Bill and Ted films, then The Silence Of The Lambs, then Aliens, right?

Bill and Ted not available on Blu Ray???

Surely shome mishtake?
DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Bill and Ted not available on Blu Ray???

Surely shome mishtake?

I expect now they'll hold them back to coincide with the third film's theatre release.
Might have to be 720p TVrips, if that's the consensus.
Can someone not on a phone confirm the date of this for me?
DavPaz wrote:
Well, after discussions with the venue manager, the date is set as.... *drum roll*

the 10th/11th March 2012.

Save the dates, interested peeps. Also, movie suggestions would be appreciated.

There you go!
DavPaz wrote:

How's the research going?
Well. Please stand by...
We are 100% definitely not coming to this now. I thought I'd be able to make it happen, but sadly not. :(
That's a shame. I like Ange.
I am 100% out as well.
Well, without me, Myp & Bobby it's looking like it'll be a... Sensible weekend? Hmm.
DavPaz wrote:
That's a shame. I like Ange.

*mwah*
Is this now yet? I want to have funtimes in Liverpool.
I, though, will be coming along. Though leaving at a Sensible middayish time for a Southerner to get South on the Sunday.
Ok, first up, hotels!

Around the Albert Dock is the place to be as far as hotel go, it appears...

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Liverpool-Albert Dock‎
Britannia Pavilion, Albert Dock
Liverpool L3 4AD
0151 702 6369

Jurys Inn Liverpool Hotel‎
31 Keel Wharf
Liverpool, L3 4FN
0151 244 3777

Just over the road from Albert dock is a cluster of hotels.

Hotel Ibis Liverpool‎
Wapping
Liverpool, Merseyside L1 8LY
0151 706 9810

Hotel Formule 1 Liverpool City Centre‎
25 Wapping
Liverpool L1 8LY
0151 709 2040

Campanile Hotel‎
Chaloner St
Liverpool, Merseyside L3 4AJ
0151 709 8104

Hampton by Hilton
7 Hurst Street
Liverpool, Merseyside L1 8DA
0151 702 6210

Or, if you're feeling flash...

Hilton Liverpool Hotel‎
3 Thomas Steers Way
Liverpool L1 8LW
0151 708 4200

Away from the Albert Dock, how about #availability_target" class="postlink">The Lord Nelson? Or perhaps, The Liner?
Do we have a plan for the Saturday night yet? Or is it 'somewhere near those hotels above'?
DavPaz wrote:
Hotel Formule 1 Liverpool City Centre‎

Oh Christ, no. I didn't know they even had those in this country. Literally: don't go there.
Page 4 of 11 [ 514 posts ]