Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3 **OFFICIAL TOPIC**
Out on the 8th of November
Yeah, that's possible, but as I said, it has never happened to my knowledge.
WTB wrote:
All you get is the same disk everyone else gets, but in a shoddier box.

Only if they choose to. As I say, they control what both parties get. It doesn't take much to make them queryable and distinct from one another.

They may or may not have any means of telling, but if they bleat about it now in this manner and do nothing, who'll believe them next time.

RE: spoilers
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Well, that's hardly a surprise that a CoD game for some controversial arse like that.
There's no such thing as pre-release play now if someone has bought it and is playing it - it has been released.
Ok, so in my emails today

Quote:
YOUR DEDICATION
HAS ITS REWARDS

Greetings Mr Dave XXVIII,

Congratulations!
Your high mission-achievement rate and long hours spent operating inside Call of Duty® have been observed by the Xbox LIVE Rewards Squad. Your extraordinary effectiveness and dedication qualifies you for VIP status!

Enter your unique VIP code* to get your free gifts and exclusive early access to Call of Duty® offers.

Ahahahahahahaha

Oh, my sides.
I got that too. I expect everyone who once played a Call of Duty game has got it.
To be honest, the amount of people who haven't played CoD of some sort or another on their Gamertag is close enough to zero that they might as well have sent everyone one of those.
myp it wrote:
I got that too. I expect everyone who once played a Call of Duty game has got it.

It's the irony which tickled me. Along with the fact that I haven't played CoDs 5,6 or 7 on my profile, which may give the impression that I'm not in the slightest bit dedicated to the franchise.

(Also - there's a fun thought for you. 8 CoD games released on the XBox 360. Overkill much?)
Mr Dave wrote:
8 CoD games released on the XBox 360. Overkill much?

I really do wonder where the saturation point is going to be for Call of Duty games. I can't see it happening in the next couple of years as everyone still seems to be lapping it up.
When are people going to tire of FIFA? Or Madden? Etc.

Basically, I think it's an annual franchise now, forever. They might miss a year or two at some point, but yeah. I do think we'll see a CoD without a campaign at some point mind. Multi only, perhaps with more emphasis on Spec Ops missions and stuff for singleplayer and co-op.
myp it wrote:

I haven't :'(
It's three wallpapers. That's it.
WTB wrote:
It's three wallpapers. That's it.

No, you also get a free MW3 hat or t-shirt for your avatar depending on whether you want to waste money on marketplace stuff.
Zaphod, have you signed up to the rewards thingy?
Mr Dave wrote:
myp it wrote:

It's the irony which tickled me. Along with the fact that I haven't played CoDs 5,6 or 7 on my profile, which may give the impression that I'm not in the slightest bit dedicated to the franchise.

Reminds me of the way Celtic kept sending me merchandise catalogues and even called me once to offer me great deals as a "loyal and valued fan". I'd been to one game, several years before, as an AWAY fan.

Oh yes, pew pew pew, sorry... carry on!
I get two emails a week from fulham encouraging me to support the boys in white for the same reason.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Zaphod, have you signed up to the rewards thingy?

Yip - and do the stupid 'surveys' each month for points - they may simply be doing it alphabetically and have not got to Z yet :-)
They probably think you're too dedicated.
Yep. Past a certain point they consider it cruel to tempt you with more carrots on sticks because you're sure to bend over and take it regardless. :D
So on the 'if you get an early copy' - two new tweets

One from Stepto again

Quote:
hey gang, as @fourzerotwo mentioned today on @gamespot, no plans to ban legit MW3 copies, but wait til Tuesday to play with everybody.

And from fourzerotwo

Quote:
No plans to ban legit fans, but try to wait til midnight launch on Tuesday to play #MW3. Can't wait to jump online with everyone then!

So if anyone does get it tomorrow feel free to go nuts
Early confirmation that Tesco will be doing the game for £25 on release day if you buy points or xbl membership

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/call-du ... ds-1052533

Attachment:
IMG00128-20111104-1219.jpg
Will I still be able to do that if I have a pre-order receipt thing with £5 off already? I suppose thinking about it I should be able to, right?
WTB wrote:
Will I still be able to do that if I have a pre-order receipt thing with £5 off already? I suppose thinking about it I should be able to, right?

Dont see any reason why not - its just £5 you've paid already towards the total
Woo! Awesome!
Gilly wrote:
Woo! Awesome!

Whats your impressions then ?
She does a fantastic Billy Connolly.
More of the same but tweaked to improve complaints from the last one.
Shotguns are now a primary weapon. The new killstreak system is good, and you can choose which killstreak to use by navigating up and down with the d pad instead of only being able to use the latest earned. Death streaks include one called juiced that let's you run fast for ten seconds to get back into the action.
It also looks like it supports online splitscreen. In the lobby it says add controller for split screen, something that's been missing since CoD 3.
Single player campaign so far-
I always forget how much I enjoy the mw campaigns, they are so stupid and over the top but great fun. There's one bit quite near the start where I took a few minutes to carry on fighting because I was too busy soaking up the view.
Also, captain price is even more tremendous than normal. Just for the small details, like him one handed reloading a machine gun while he talks on the radio :D love it.
excellent , really excited now.

I like the MW single player - love the OMFG a nukes been launched we now have to save the world - Cue music and wicked cut scene and start killing people at a run to a count down.
Campaign done, 4h 31m. I knew it was going to be short when I started it, each individual mission felt shorter than normal. Was great fun though.
Special ops has a survival mode sort of like horde but it seems like its only two players which is a shame.
Gilly wrote:
Campaign done, 4h 31m. I knew it was going to be short when I started it, each individual mission felt shorter than normal. Was great fun though.
Special ops has a survival mode sort of like horde but it seems like its only two players which is a shame.

4.5 hours? Tell me that wasn't on a challenging difficulty level!
I'm sure it'll take twice as long on Veteran, as it always does. I'm gonna go straight in on Vet as I did with BLOPS.
GovernmentYard wrote:
Gilly wrote:

4.5 hours? Tell me that wasn't on a challenging difficulty level!

Her achievements are the ones 'on any difficulty' so i assume she's just went through on 'regular' (235 points for 'finishing' the game)
Yeah I always play them on regular to enjoy the story before I go through on veteran. Certainly it's the shortest CoD campaign, which I'm sure will be disappointing to the people who buy CoD for the single player but for me, I'm happy that time has been spent on the multiplayer and special ops instead. It's very polished.
They removed that, I think. They've basically carried on from MW2 and ignored the stuff from BLOPS as far as I can tell.
You can't play Domination if you can't dive.
really? that is shit. going back to mw2 after blops showed the diving to be a good thing. lazy proclaim. proclaim? wtf? lazy pricks.
I'm not really arsed about diving, whether it were in or out. Didn't make much of a difference really - was just an animation.
I haven't noticed diving or a lack thereof. Some really good mp maps, a couple largeish (for CoD) that will be good for team deathmatch and a couple that I've really enjoyed s&d and ctf on. Kill confirmed is a really fun mode and I think we'll have fun playing it, seems to be best if you work in teams. The other new mode with the flag is good as well but a bit hectic!
Is it essentially a map pack for MW2 gilly?
Tesco's offer is live on their website now - if your not worried about getting it on release day you can pre-order the game plus 2100 points for £41.99 (game for £25 2100 points for £16.99)

Game http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store ... %3a772082/
Points card http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store ... %3a731435/

Or if you want it on Ps3 its with the £25 PSN card

@Nick. No, I think the new game modes really add something and the new class management is better as well (kill streaks can be customised for each class, and when earned, you can choose which order to use killstreaks if you have more than one ready)
Special ops also has a survival mode, essentially horde with waves of attackers from foot soldiers to juggernauts, which you defend against. Only bad thing about that is its only two player!
Hmm. I wonder how many points Elite will cost for a year? You could essentially get it for free with the 2100 points card, assuming it costs about that. Thought it'll probably be more, right?
40quid probably it was 40$ on the announcement.
WTB wrote:
Hmm. I wonder how many points Elite will cost for a year? You could essentially get it for free with the 2100 points card, assuming it costs about that. Thought it'll probably be more, right?

I'm sure i've seen its 4200 points (Tesco have a big display for it and the 4200 points cards)
Cripes. Gonna have to weigh that up. I'll decide after playing the game for a while. I usually get the map packs so it makes sense to get them included (and cheaper) in Elite, but I'm not diving in blind at that price!
Page 2 of 12 [ 560 posts ]