Forum changes!

Test poll
I work!  75%  [ 28 ]
I don't work!  24%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 37
Mr Dave wrote:
It's broken

Go on..?
(Not really. Just following instructions)
My sides.

I didn't change the mobile one, anyway.
Grim... wrote:
My sides.

Yeah, not on the mobile one this week. Due to being at home on holiday. (And if I wasn't at home on holiday, I'd be at home for being amazingly ill reasons.)

Not particularly sure what the change made is currently.
Grim... wrote:
My sides.

Ah. I use mobile site at work. So ignore me.
Trooper wrote:
all feedback, all the time.

Wasn't that a Sonic Youth album?
Can't view spoilers in Tapatalk now :(
Mr Russell wrote:
Can't view spoilers in Tapatalk now :(

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
tapatalk sucks arse
Could you ever?
Grim... wrote:
Could you ever?

They just displayed fully. It's OK, they changed back to displaying fully after I last posted.
I'm so good to you lot.
You're still not getting bum sex.

Still not? Awww man...
Trooper wrote:

Still not? Awww man...

GPOYW was yesterday, dude.
You can't click a link in a spoiler on a phone. A Windows Phone anyway.
Oh wait, you can now.

Maybe I mean you can't make a spoilered-and-shrunk image full size.
It's spoilered and not shrunk. Correct?

Also, something that doesn't bother me since I retaught my muscle memory but that I don't think I've mentioned, just so you know, don't worry about fixing it unless it's easy, etc:
1) Go to General Discussions
2) Enter a thread using 'go to last post'
3) Use the page link at the bottom to go to the next page
4) Hit 'back' and get the 3) page reloaded instead of the page from 2)
5) Hit 'back' and end up on General Discussions.

So the cache is being replaced for some reason. Given the 'scroll to anchor' brokenness, I expect it's a fuck-up in mobile IE9 (or even the scroll-to-anchor workaround!), and probably an unworkroundable one at that.
Yeah, that looks like MIE9 playing silly buggers.

Also, I'm going to be kicking in the "ignore" code shortly. If the forum breaks or anything, that's why!
Done!
It would have been quicker, but the foe (and friend) information is in an SQL table called "zebra". OBVIOUSLY.
Am I the only person in the world who liked the way the "foe" function worked, then?
Rodafowa wrote:
Am I the only person in the world who liked the way the "foe" function worked, then?

I guess so - but I've not forgotten about you, don't worry. Just go to your board preferences ( ucp.php?i=165 ) and change "My board style" to "three-nest" and it will work like normal - but you'll have to "allow" posts that quote people on your list.
What happens if you PM someone and you're on their ignore list?
Depends - there's an option to ignore pms from baddies.
Why does Kissyfur get a hat and not me?
WHAT HAPPENS IF.....

THE SCENARIO:

Person X is being ignored by Person Y.

Person Z is not ignoring Person X or Person Y.

THE DRAMA:

Person X quotes Person Y (Person X does not know that Person Y is ignoring him). I assume Person Y does not see any trace of Person X's post?

Person Z quotes Person X, leaving in the original quote of Person Y and also the quote of Person X. (Person Z does not know that Person X is ignoring Person Y either.) Does Person Y see any trace of Person X's quote in Person Z's post?

Am I the only one who can see how this could start to get quite confusing and messy?
Thank fuck we don't have person x, person y and person z on the forum is what I say. They sound like dicks.
Trooper wrote:
Thank fuck we don't have person x, person y and person z on the forum is what I say. They sound like dicks.

I'm just trying to point out that there's a serious risk we could create some kind of a rift in the space time continuum.

Food for thought.
I must confess that I'm not overly concerned.
Grim... wrote:
Rodafowa wrote:
I guess so - but I've not forgotten about you, don't worry. Just go to your board preferences ( ucp.php?i=165 ) and change "My board style" to "three-nest" and it will work like normal - but you'll have to "allow" posts that quote people on your list.
Doesnae work. three-nest is still bizarre conversation land :DD
Grim... wrote:
I must confess that I'm not overly concerned.

A shockingly cavalier attitude.

Attachment:
tee.JPG
Wullie wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Rodafowa wrote:
Doesnae work. three-nest is still bizarre conversation land :DD

Okay, I've made a new one called "old ignore".
Also, it's only going to affect the person doing the ignoring, it's their choice to do the ignoring, and they have to put up with the weirdness it may cause in conversation!

Malc
Malc wrote:
Also, it's only going to affect the person doing the ignoring, it's their choice to do the ignoring, and they have to put up with the weirdness it may cause in conversation!

This is a very good point.
Can we have an "ignore everyone button" and an "everyone ignore me button". I think that would cover all angles. I could then post content and be sure no one is reading it or I read anyone else's. Then, I'd have my own personal forum where no one can upset me apart from myself. *bliss*
itsallwater wrote:
Can we have an "ignore everyone button" and an "everyone ignore me button". I think that would cover all angles. I could then post content and be sure no one is reading it or I read anyone else's. Then, I'd have my own personal forum where no one can upset me apart from myself. *bliss*

Or just have all new accounts start with the ignor all function turned on? So we don't get any pesky new members :DD
Slightly Green wrote:
itsallwater wrote:

Or just have all new accounts start with the ignor all function turned on? So we don't get any pesky new members :DD

I think we already have that covered...
Grim... wrote:
Okay, I've made a new one called "old ignore".
That works fine. I'm sticking with unintentionally funny BETEO ignore though, FOR GREAT JUSTICE MADNESS! :DD
Can you add 'obliterate from BeeX forever' buttons to each and every post? So I can customise my forum experience completely? Can you make it so it plays the Godzilla atomic breath sound followed by the Wilhelm scream every time a post is obliterated from my personal BeeX?
We should have a thread where everyone posts who they're ignoring so we can work out what the fuck's going on.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
We should have a thread where everyone posts who they're ignoring so we can work out what the fuck's going on.

I did think about starting that thread myself, but then I figured since I'm almost certainly the most ignored person on here, it probably wouldn't work very well :nerd:
I would make the "christ, quiet on here" joke, but it's not actually funny. At least not the way I tell it.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:

Then we could generate one of those complex and tricky to understand drawings with lines going about all over the place and stuff.

FWIW I don't have anyone on ignore or set as a foe, and don't really intend do. There have been a few times that something/someone has annoyed me and I've thought of some horrible things to say and typed out an arsey reply and then never actually posted it.

I'm not massively active on here though, so it's easy for me to just ignore things and let it go away. I understand that isn't the case for everyone.
Sir Taxalot wrote:

FWIW I don't have anyone on ignore or set as a foe, and don't really intend do.

:this:

Malc
Apparently, I have StanOgdensForeskin on ignore. That's it.

I can't say I particularly remeber that.
It does make me wonder about people like that. They come along and post loads for a few weeks and the vanish.

We've had a few of those haven't we? I can't think of any off the top of my head now... but I'm sure there's been a few.
They are often sock puppets of former posters, usually with a very specific axe to grind
Yeah, this new nicademus guy needs to prove himself still, he hasn't even drawn us a picture of a unicorn yet!
Trooper wrote:
Yeah, this new nicademus guy needs to prove himself still, he hasn't even drawn us a picture of a unicorn yet!

I like unicorns and rainbows *said in a manly voice*
Page 4 of 23 [ 1116 posts ]