Forum changes!

Test poll
I work!  75%  [ 28 ]
I don't work!  24%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 37
Craster wrote:
8)

Normals would have seen a message about re-synching the dotted topics. Turning the board on and off shows up in the log with the handy description "Altered board settings".
Oh, right. Huh.
What's with these fucking dots all over the place, I hate them, turn them off.

;)
Never noticed the dots. Didn't notice they were gone. Now they're back, the forum looks weird.
DavPaz wrote:
Never noticed the dots. Didn't notice they were gone. Now they're back, the forum looks weird.

And it's slower!
And it's all Bik and Russell's fault.
Wait, what dots?
Oh, dots at about 10 o'clock on the forum icon. Dots.
I can't see who is online/offline now, for some reason. Not bothered likes; just thought I'd mention it. :)

I'm using Chrome.
Captain Caveman wrote:
I can't see who is online/offline now, for some reason. Not bothered likes; just thought I'd mention it. :)

I'm using Chrome.

I'm here, Cavey, until 4pm when I go home. try the veal.
MaliA wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:

I'm using Chrome.

I'm here, Cavey, until 4pm when I go home. try the veal.

Okay dear, will do! :p :D
Captain Caveman wrote:

I'm using Chrome.

Oh yeah! That'll be the third thing I changed.
The list will still be at the bottom of each page, but it won't show you on each post (which strips a whole left join from the 'get posts' query, as for some absurd reason that information isn't stored in the user table).
Grim... wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:

I'm using Chrome.

Oh yeah! That'll be the third thing I changed.
The list will still be at the bottom of each page, but it won't show you on each post (which strips a whole left join from the 'get posts' query, as for some absurd reason that information isn't stored in the user table).

No worries mate, cheers/not bothered anyway, just thought I'd mention in case it helped technically etc. :)
The forum's gone really slow. Fix it, Grim...!
Just out of curiosity (no, Andy, no!) how many queries does phpBB run for an average page?
GazChap wrote:
Just out of curiosity (no, Andy, no!) how many queries does phpBB run for an average page?

I'm not sure, exactly. I might set one up on my localhost to see.
Content is making this forum run slow.

Remove it.
Grim... should just do the approach used by sinister Facebook and change everything on a whim every once in a while. And then replace the board's clear and simple layout with an ugly, over-complicated, and permanent 'Timeline'
I don't know what has changed and I love it.
I think dots for topics that you have posted in should be a feature only open to subscribers who pay £2 per month.
What happened to the new forum you were building based on all the feature requests?

Make everything optional in profiles!!!
Mr Russell wrote:
What happened to the new forum you were building based on all the feature requests?

I'd like Mr Russell to be optional, with the default "off".
Mr Russell wrote:

That had nothing to do with this forum.

Mr Russell wrote:

What would be the point? Dotted topics were disabled to reduce load on the server - if people can have them on it has to keep track of all of them anyway.
Grim... wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

That had nothing to do with this forum.

Mr Russell wrote:

What would be the point? Dotted topics were disabled to reduce load on the server - if people can have them on it has to keep track of all of them anyway.

take the dots away.
Waaah waaah waaah you didn't consult every single one of us that use this forum for free and you didn't go through a lengthy process of voting and arguing followed by ongoing petty sniping. I demand transparency.
Would it help if we had sub-forums instead of one big one?
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Would it help if we had sub-forums instead of one big one?

Not as much as topic icons ;)
I've grown quite accustomed to the dots. But I've had cataracts for a while now.

It's like a light show in your face every day, 24/7.
I never noticed them before, but now I have and I appreciate the extra strain they put on the server, I think they're almost pointless.
The Last Salmon Man wrote:
I never noticed them before, but now I have and I appreciate the extra strain they put on the server, I think they're almost pointless.

I never noticed you before, but now I have and I appreciate the extra strain you put on the server, I think you're almost pointless.
Mr Russell wrote:
The Last Salmon Man wrote:

I never noticed you before, but now I have and I appreciate the extra strain you put on the server, I think you're almost pointless.

He's more useful being stuffed and used as a draught excluder.
Lies. You noticed me a while back. :kiss:
The forum is too fast now. Please make it slower.
Some of the dots are still appearing.

This forum is too busy. Please do something rash and alienate around 95% of the members kthx X
I'm fiddling with spoilers, in case you didn't guess.

Bear with!
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
!!!
Impressive fiddling.
Impressive but now what if I decide I don't want to read the spoiler when I start reading it?!!1

:S
That last one broke jQuery :S

Zardoz wrote:
Impressive but now what if I decide I don't want to read the spoiler when I start reading it?!!1

viewtopic.php?p=721186#p721186
Grim... wrote:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
!!!

This does the sum total of fuck all when I click on it here, in either chrome or firefox.
It works in IE8
No worky for me in chrome either.
Grim... wrote:
That last one broke jQuery :S

Zardoz wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=721186#p721186

Rodger.
Am I saying "bear with" wrong? Tell me it's broken once it's finished, cocks.
all feedback, all the time. live, as it happens.

it works now. :D
Page 3 of 23 [ 1116 posts ]