Dark Souls
DLC Release 24 October 2012
Mr Dave wrote:
I keep getting my behind made into the Taurus demons bitch.

Climb the tower then jump down and sta his face, rinse and repeat. Don't stay up there too long or he jumps up to join you which is scary...
LaceSensor wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
I keep getting my behind made into the Taurus demons bitch.

Climb the tower then jump down and sta his face, rinse and repeat. Don't stay up there too long or he jumps up to join you which is scary...

Sounds much more risky than my method.
Zardoz wrote:
I use them to seek the pestilent bell-end headed face humper men and the fire breathing whippets.
It's grim up north.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
I use them to seek the pestilent bell-end headed face humper men and the fire breathing whippets.
It's grim up north.

If they had goatees and bowling shoes.
Well, slogged my way for ages through Blight Town only to be confronted by a gate that opens from the other side... soooo I went all the way back down and over to the huge pile of Beano style sausage and mash and got my ass handed to me by a Tit spider chaos witch. :'( From the damage taken and given in the fight I guess I need to be much stronger before trying again.

Decided on a change of scenery so headed back to the Hydra and in a moment of bravery/stupidity I ran along the waters edge and found the ladder next to the waterfall and found a whole new section :metul: I also found a fat cat/rat thing that killed me, but that was only because I'd wasted my magic on the Hydra.

Brilliant.
Do the spider, you wuss.
I will, going to nail this cat/rat thing first and see what else is around the current area I'm in.
Ok. That was weird. I've been hanging around helping people with killing Quelag tonight and the guy who summoned me then summoned a weird Gold Guy with a masssssssssssive golden turban style hat (about half his size again). He dropped a sacks and I picked one up and got a Titatnite Slab and then he was off.

We both shrugged to each other,

What was that about?
Haha! I wish I could help!
Had the best night so far with this now. Got pissed off with those cat things in the Woods after a couple of attempts (not always managing to dash past the Hydra either) so I went back for the Capra demon, and killed the bastard :metul: :metul: :metul:

Then I went down to the depths and made awesome progress for a while before someone wanted summoning in. First time anyone has joined my game like this and he was brilliant to have along (seemed like a Knight at a higher level than me). Not long after we were INVADED by AN UNLUCKY BASTARD :DD we slaughtered this guy and I took his shield (something fancy). Then my new buddy and I hacked our way to the Gaping Dragon were I also summoned the Sun Knight dude, so the three of us took out the scaly bitch.

:metul: :metul: :metul:

Brilliant.
Zardoz wrote:
Had the best night so far with this now. Got pissed off with those cat things in the Woods after a couple of attempts (not always managing to dash past the Hydra either) so I went back for the Capra demon, and killed the Bruce :metul: :metul: :metul:

Then I went down to the depths and made awesome progress for a while before someone wanted summoning in. First time anyone has joined my game like this and he was brilliant to have along (seemed like a Knight at a higher level than me). Not long after we were INVADED by AN UNLUCKY Bruce :DD we slaughtered this guy and I took his shield (something fancy). Then my new buddy and I hacked our way to the Gaping Dragon were I also summoned the Sun Knight dude, so the three of us took out the scaly bitch.

:metul: :metul: :metul:

Brilliant.

Awesome. I did something similar, but died a few times :(
stupid dragon.
:metul: indeed. Well done on Capra, still the hardest bastard for me so far.
I spent another night being forcibly bummed by Mr Taurus.
I'm getting really quite bored of the path between him and the bonfire. It's not even remotely dangerous anymore.
Looking at my earlier post I see I've got a touch of the Dave's. Killed the Bruce?!
Killing the Bruce? Gaping Dragons? Being bummed by Mr Taurus?

Did Dimrill have a hand in this game?
Dr Lave wrote:
:metul: indeed. Well done on Capra, still the hardest bastard for me so far.

Thanks, yeah it's been the toughest for me so far too. It's mostly due to the constricted area you're forced to fight him in, if he was in a more open area then it would be much more manageable.
Aye. Getting below 25% equip load so you can roll around like a nut is a must.it's the only point so far that could be considered unfair.
Unfair is a little harsh, you know from playing up until there that you need to be quick to avoid the big hitters.

I can honestly say that this game has given me the more adrenalin rushes than any other, the sense of risk and reward is immense and so is the feeling of achievement once you get past certain areas / bosses that kept you at bay.
Having the two dogs in there too to deal with is a bitch though, aye.
I got through the game always wearing the heaviest armour my peperami frame could carry. It wasn't always the best idea but unless you've got kick ass health and stamina you need to be able to absorb some hefty boss blows.

How many hours have you three sunk into it do far?

I've gone 'round a second time and it took a fraction of the time to get to Anor Londo. I just want to be able to swing the biggest weapon (the Dragon Axe I think, well that's what I've got in the bank). I need level 50 on strength and I've managed to get up to level 41 so far! I've been levelling it up too so it can currently do about 530 damage.
Taurus demons arse = mine. First attempt today, too.
Ian Fairies wrote:
I got through the game always wearing the heaviest armour my peperami frame could carry. It wasn't always the best idea but unless you've got kick ass health and stamina you need to be able to absorb some hefty boss blows.

How many hours have you three sunk into it do far?

I've gone 'round a second time and it took a fraction of the time to get to Anor Londo. I just want to be able to swing the biggest weapon (the Dragon Axe I think, well that's what I've got in the bank). I need level 50 on strength and I've managed to get up to level 41 so far! I've been levelling it up too so it can currently do about 530 damage.

Not sure as I've left it idle so long, but it reads 50hrs. I suck at the game (but love it).
More awesome: Invaded again but got the drop on the Phantom due to being much quicker and having plenty of Great Soul Arrows. I then decided to have a crack at the Chaos Spider Tit Witch and I summoned THE SAME GUY I'd just killed and we nailed her :metul: Second bell rang, and Chaos covenant joined meaning I got the Great Chaos Fireball :metul:

Sorry can't stop, still playing
Fuck me. The scenery and the scale of the place down here is amazing.
Zardoz wrote:
Fuck me. The scenery and the scale of the place down here is amazing.

:hat:
Wait until you crest Sens' Fortress and get a good look back at where you've been. Absolutely stunning!
Sen's Fortress is hurty.
Zardoz wrote:
Sen's Fortress is hurty.

So, I went back down to the Demon Ruins and got smashed by the Ceaseless Discharge (who makes these names up?). Then I thought I'd go back to those fat cat things in the Darkroot Garden and killed them instead, saw the weird mushroom men who just bumbled about then set off to the HUGE door and got destroyed by Great Grey Wolf Sif.

Can't wait to play again.
Me, Solaire and that Orange geezer hacked up the gaping dragon yesterday, and I used the souls gained to raise my halberd and shield up to +5 and level up to be able to use the Black Knight Sword. I had a wander round the forest, then ventured into blighttown. That's a bit of a difficulty spike.
Dr Lave wrote:
Ok. That was weird. I've been hanging around helping people with killing Quelag tonight and the guy who summoned me then summoned a weird Gold Guy with a masssssssssssive golden turban style hat (about half his size again). He dropped a sacks and I picked one up and got a Titatnite Slab and then he was off.

We both shrugged to each other,

What was that about?

Turns out that turban costume can be found in the painting in Anor Londo. The turban guy attacks you as a phatom and if you get rid of him you can wear the big hat. FYI that costume is the same as one as the controllable bosses in Demons Souls. Bit of trivia there peeps.
I just found a big spell casting guy (just before the gargoyles). I hit him a bit and he jumped off to the lower level. I followed him, forgetting that I'd lit and rested at a bonfire since clearing out the lower level and promptly got killed by the waiting mens down there.

Next time round, Mr spellcaster isn't there - I didn't kill him and I can't find him anywhere in the area. I'm now worried he's going to unexpectedly bum me at some later point in the game. I also hope he wouldn't have dropped something cool had I actually managed to kill him.

So Gargoyles. Ow. (To be fair, I was doing ok until the second one appeared and launched me off the building)
I don't think you've missed any loot from that guy.

Have you used the lift nearby that goes back down to the Firelink shrine to create the shortcut?
Zardoz wrote:
I don't think you've missed any loot from that guy.

Have you used the lift nearby that goes back down to the Firelink shrine to create the shortcut?

Aye, found that. Since then, I've managed to defeat the gargoyles (Well, summon one of the NPCs who battered them, really), work my way through Undead burgs lower level and cower in front of a mist wall. (And then run off to the side and find another route back to firelink shrine. Then returned to cower some more and quit.
So, is there any point in me keeping all this shit I've accumulated? (i.e. is there a merchant to sell tens of broken swords, shields etc etc to later in the game, or can I just drop it to make using my inventory more speedy)
There's a guy who pops up at the shrine after you've rang both bells. He'll buy all your junk for souls if you can wait that long. He doesn't give you much (usually 50 souls for one item but I've never seen him offer anymore than 1000 for even the rarest items) so collecting junk will pay off eventually even if it's a bit messy.

I've reach strength of 46 but I can't sodding beat the two bosses in Anor Londo with the lightning halberd...might be because they both shoot lightning themselves and I haven't got anything decent levelled up. Hnnnngh. Twenty six times I got my ass whooped. Fuck that, I'll go and have a crack at the painted world instead. I was smashing through it up until here an' all. Gah.
Level 47! Bloody hell, a new level costs 55000 souls; this is painfully slow.

But I did discover something cool: you see those stone knights on Darkroot Basin that slow you down. If you get that weapon, you can do the same! Awesomz!
Ian Fairies wrote:
There's a guy who pops up at the shrine after you've rang both bells. He'll buy all your junk for souls if you can wait that long.

I met that 'guy' last night and also the Firestarter, Twisted Firestarter very handy chap I rescued form The Depths who now sits at the Firelink Shrine.
Tonight I'm going to kill the Hydra before anything else, running past it is un-heroic of me (but so easy with my Rusty Ring :hat: ). Then I think I'll do some Ghost busting down in the ruins.
I shouldn't bother with the ghosts till right at the end. There's little reward down there till youve got the Lordvessell and you don't stand a chance with multi-ghosts unless you've got some seriously sexy kit on you. See the hours I wasted at the start of this topic pissing around there for nowt.

Make sure you get what you can off that pyro chappie cause I'm surehe buggers off eventually without leaving a forwarding address.

Anyway shouldn't you be doing Sen's fortress?

Make sure you find Big Hat Logan in there. He's got some tidy spells if you find his secret location. I totally missed him in my first playthrough and regret not supping his milky goodness.
Ian Fairies wrote:
Anyway shouldn't you be doing Sen's fortress?

I should but it's full of lightning cunts. That 'Tomb Raider' walkway at the start is awful. Mind you, I did realise I can jump down and survive the fall, so I might get my arse back there.

One of the Ghosts I killed last night dropped a rare sword that I think can attack them without the need for being cursed. Which was nice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Jagged+Ghost+Blade

Need to slap the big Wolf too.
Ian Fairies wrote:
Make sure you get what you can off that pyro chappie cause I'm surehe buggers off eventually without leaving a forwarding address.

Yeah, I've been a good customer of his. Want my Twisted Fire Starter Glove maxed up too while he's about then.
Does that improve the spells any or just how hard you punch people in the face with your fiery fingers?

Sen's Fortress is a bitch to get through but it's the only way to progress any further and get to Anor Londo. Try rushing along the first bridge after the first set of swinging blades: run at snake face on the bridge, lock on and side step round him and make a break for the end. Nine times out of ten you can get snake face whipped off the nridge by the last swinging blade.

I think the Eagle shield has the best magic resistance or the Crest shield as you need to soak up some magic for the next bit.
Ian Fairies wrote:
Does that improve the spells any or just how hard you punch people in the face with your fiery fingers?

Just for fire punching :metul: I've read it's a good way to kill the Wolf Cif, once you're up close to it.
Ooh, forgot to mention, if you "do" jump off at the start of the fortress (I've never killed any of the demons down there, not even with a maxed out pointy stick nor through want of trying) there's a ladder on your left you can use to climb back up...

...but when you get to the top of the ladder if you smack the wall in front you'll find another ladder. This takes you to the top of the fortress where you can fight the big guy who opened the gates in the cut scene! It's the only way you'll find him too.
Ta. At least that section is mercifully close to a bonfire.
Made significant progress.

Rang the 2nd bell, beat Curious Discharge, got the cool wraith armour
Did the Hydra (finally) and mumbled about in hell a bit - the capra demon lites are just as annoying as the real one.
Fudge going down there for a while.

Went to check out Sens place and got effed in the A twice. Ill be back.
Been busy farming titanite too - I went back to the Asylum. Fudge doing the boss, he is nails.
But I did trade in lots of dung bombs for demon titanite :)

Game keeps giving.
Also, New Londo Ruins is a pig.
LaceSensor wrote:
Also, New Londo Ruins is a pig.

It it, isn't it.
First place I went after finishing the tutorial: New Lond Ruins and into the friendly embrace of a ghost. It was a bit shocking.
Second place I went after finishing the tutorial: Valley of the drakes. Ouch.
Third place I went after finishing the tutorial: The graveyard. Oof.

It took me a fair while to find a suitable way forward.
Yeah, Id leave that side of the Firelink shrine alone for now Dave.
The actual path forward was fairly well hidden.It took me quite a few deaths in New Londo before I actually managed to find any other route (and it looked like the right way what with the weak enemies you encounter to begin with.
Tonight I've set myself a mini-quest to do: I shall be joining the cat crew before mercilessly slaughtering Top Cat and her minions in a Judas-esq fashion.

Those bloody fog rings make the minions a but of a bitch mind, but I need the souls. Also I fancy wandering in as a human and seeing how many times I can withstand getting invaded.
Page 8 of 59 [ 2918 posts ]