Dark Souls
DLC Release 24 October 2012
Hog done, killed the first Black Knight too. That was tense. Got his sword. Can't wield it yet though. The spear is pretty awesome.
Is there a limited inventory in this game, or can you loot and store anything? My copy hasnt arrived yet, and I now have to wait until next weekend to play :(
I've certainly not run out of storage space yet.

Stuff has a weight, but only stuff you equip goes towards the limit you can carry. So by wearing some big heavy armour you might slow down, but you can happily carry 10 copies of it in your backpack.
You can carry an unlimited amount of stuff. Only equipped stuff counts to your weight as Lave says.
Pundabaya wrote:
Hog done, killed the first Black Knight too. That was tense. Got his sword. Can't wield it yet though. The spear is pretty awesome.

Very simple and spammy way to kill that first knight...
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I got him to chase me after chucking two fire bombs at him and I went up and through the house at top of stairs to jump back down and nab the ring he guards. He comes back but I rolled past him and ran back to the roof top accessed by ladder and killed him in complete safety with lots of arrows.
Talking of views a little earlier, the top of Sen's Fortress is amazing but Anor Londo just blows it away. The crest of the mountain and the city in front of you is breathtaking. Almost fourty hours and this games just keeps giving.
I just fought him head on with the Drake sword!
Bell Gargoyles: Defeated on first try.
And holy shit, I can warp between bonfires! Also, Anor Londo done. The boss(es) were not fucking easy. Hardest one yet.

Edit: Yeah, this game is in no way over. Not even close judging by what I've just been told by an NPC.
WTB wrote:
Show off.
To be fair, I ran around getting the odd hit in with the Drake Sword, while Solaire kicked their fucking heads in!
Pundy is playing it right. Kill them by any means at your disposal. It's such a tough game, anything you do is legit.
Fellow Pyros, can you up your 8 shots per charge by sinking souls into Intelligence?
Well, apart from glitch killing the Hellkite Drake with a single arrow. That's blatantly cheating.

:kiss:

I was amazed at how effective Solaire is. He basically tanked the first gargoyle, then when the second showed up, he soloed it, killing it just after I turned round after finishing the first.
How do you get him to help? Just use the white crayon he gives you?
You need to be un-hollowed, then you can summon him outside the white fog. Most bosses have a summonable helper - if you're struggling, make sure you're human and have a look for the summon sign thing.
I only have one Humanity at the moment and I'm waiting to find another so I can Kindle my current bonfire.

I can't stop thinking about this game.
Where you up to?
Just killed the Fang Boar (easy) and I've opened up the portcullis on the far side after killing 3(?) of those tougher soldiers. It feels so good making any progress.
Stepping into the unknown is definitely scary. Especially as you get to know familiar areas so well. Running the bonfire-Taurus tower-Hellkite Bridge-bonfire loop is so familiar now.

In fact - run outside, take out crossbow guy, two warriors with shields come up the stairs. Once dead, luee out two axe-warriors across bridge, then cross, soldier with sword, and possible one-two firebombers. In the building, on your right as you walk in sword warrior. Through door, sword warrior on your left. Out side, up the stairs. Axe warrior, sword and shield and firebomber in courtyard. Lure one at a time down the stairs. Up on building, one to three firebombers.Up the tower, kill the sniper, pull spearman from top of tower, run down to meet him. Pull sword soldiers one at a time. Up Taurus towered, kill jerks on top, past where the Taurus demon was. Down to the bridge, run to stairs avoiding fire. Back to bonfire.
Made some lovely, if minor progress tonight. I've just nailed the two big bosses at Anor Londo after a good hours work and I've found the Orange Knight and gave him a good kicking and nicked his lovely orange armour (it's just a shame that I've found load of armour that's even better in the meantime so I'm currently walking around like a walking Rhino in as much of Havel's armour that I can fit on my weedy frame). I'm a bit lost as to what to approach next though since I've a few options.

Anor Londo is a good place to mine for souls by the way. Mashing up the Black Knights is much fun at 900 souls each. I'm going to +10 some swords so I can start creating some unique weapons from some of these boss souls.

I've only peaked at the wiki's so it's even more satisfying to know it's your own hard work. I can't wait to see what I've been missing. It'll probably be worth doing later on before reaching the end... if I'm anywhere near that.
Zardoz wrote:
Fellow Pyros, can you up your 8 shots per charge by sinking souls into Intelligence?

Not that I know of. As far as I can see you only get one of each type of spell with no way to level them up or get more from them. You have to sink some souls into Attunement so you can get more slots and buy more spells. And you can't buy the same one twice either.

If you level up your intelligence you can start to use magic spells as well as pyro. My guy is flinging Great Heavy Soul Arrows and Great Chaos Fireballs. There's hardly enough hands to thow in some healing spells too (but they're all pretty gay anyway, right).
Right-o.

Made some good progress too last night. Still in the same area but opened up two new shortcuts, kindled two more bonfires and found some lovely booty. Ready to make more headway tonight. Freed the magician and bought a wand and soul arrows (fancy some beefier ones now I've used them, but 30 charges is handy). Sooooo satisfying killing the skeletons and the big skeletons last night and collecting the binoculars and winged spear.

This game is sex.
The Capra Demon keeps kicking my fucking head in. Watched YouTube videos and even copying them I'm fucked.

Sometimes I think a being a bug clunky knight was a bad choice...
I started as a Knight and after my first nights play I decided to start again as a Pyromancer. The Capra Demon has killed me twice, the first time out of shock/fright fumble and the second time by getting stuck in a corner by the rats. Early days yet though, I assume the best bet is to run up the stairs at the back and 'kill it with fire'?
The ineternets advice seemed to be: run past him and up the stairs. Once he follows drop down and leg it. This should separate the dogs so you can chop chop. Then circle, block and when he uses two swords bolt for it because your block does nothing Jon Snow.

What happens is I walk in and he immedietly chops me to fucking ribbons whilst his dogs stagger me.

Can I summon the sun guy? How does that work? Or summon other players?
Yeah, its a bit of a shock when you first meet him, isn't it. 'okay, fog door, boss around here somewhere' *enter. Roar. 'Argghhh' Smush.*
Yeah, it's very enclosed too.
Bloody hell, just noticed I've gone past 30,000 posts.
You've overtaken myp!
I don't know if I should celebrate or ban myself.

Answer:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Well that was unexpected.
The Capra Demon has been the biggest headache by far simply because it's hit and miss whether you can even make it to the stairs when you enter. If you don't get past him first time he'll just flatten you in one or two blows. It's the dogs that stop you making an easy run though and must have taken ages to get the sweet run.

Try this, when you get in, either try and avoid the dogs and run (it must be a 1 in 5 chance you'll make it) to the stairs or hang in the alcove on the right blocking the demons first blow before making a run (if I remember rightly the pillars on the wall and all three running to attack you at once means you can block the first hit and then make a clean run at the stairs - the dogs being pushed aside by the demons blow)m

When you're up the stairs the dogs will be first on the scene so kill them off quickly while the demon saunters over. You do that it should be easy enough after that: stand on the bridge in the corner and shoot the demon with magic/fire if he gets close jump down and run around, repeat and rinse. It's possible you can get him into a loop where he jumps at you from halfway up the stairs he'll hit you but drop to the floor where you can pelt him with throwables and magic. If you don't move he'll keep repeating the jump off the stairs and you'll get an easy ride.
Ian Fairies wrote:
The Capra Demon has been the biggest headache by far simply because it's hit and miss whether you can even make it to the stairs when you enter....

Thanks for the tips. Luckily it's not too far to travel to once the short cut is opened.

Oh yeah, there's a trader in a nearby sewer. Will he only sell to you if you're human? Keeps saying stuff about me being a Hollow.
It reminds me of the old PC game Severance. That was a toughie too with some beautiful (at the time) scenery.
Capra Demon deaded. Piece of piss... once you kill the dogs. Thats practically solely down to luck. Once thats done, just watch your stamina, and dodge his double handed and jumping strikes.
Beat the Four Kings. They were tough.
Had a delve int the catacombs and cleared it out. Kicked the bosses ass - the easiest yet, downgraded the Raw Halberd+5 to Halberd +5 halving its strength, upgraded Halberd to Lightening Halberd +3, Zap pow, Upgraded Itio to Divine Itio, mined Darkroot garden and Basin, defeated Butterfly boss also piss easy and rounded up the night having a look at the Tomb of Giants and running away cause it was too scary. Good times.

FYI, it's worth doing the catacombs for the magic thing the boss gives that let's you kindle the flames more than once.
Was gonna do the Catacombs later. Currently in Duke's Archives. I did Darkroot the other day. Beat the moth, the wolf and the hydra.
Made nice progress last night. Had another attempt at the Capra Demon and died, then noticed when I respawned at the fire link shrine the stairs leading down to New Londo Ruins :facepalm: How did I miss that? I've been there so many times :D Thought I'd take a cautious look about the place and ended up finding The Valley of Drakes and getting some loot next to a poison puking undead(?) Dragon. Got scared when I saw the 3 or 4 other dragons on the path ahead so went back to New Londo Ruins. Took on the ghosts along the bridge and then got too cocky and ended up getting ambushed by more of them further into the ruins. Deaded.

Decided then to head back to where I was stuck before in the Undead Parish and made it to the next Bonfire near the Blacksmith*, defeated the Titanite Demon then headed back to the main building to win a scrap with a black knight with a mace to grab the Fire Keeper Soul.

Got late so had to save it there.

:metul:

*How do you reinforce weapons there?
To reinforce stuff, you need titanite and souls. Titanite shards will get you up to +5 and the dude sells them. I think you need titanite chunks to get up to +10. Other funky stuffs need various bits and bobs.

If you've got a firekeepers soul, go back to Firelink and reinforce your estus flask, the bint in the cage down the steps.
Ta Punds. I had a variety of Titanite bits... maybe I didn't have enough cash.

Yeah, I'd just read about the Fire Keepers Souls.
Could you kill the ghosts down there Zardox? I had to leg it as they were untouchable.

Still can't kill the Capra demon. :(
Dr Lave wrote:
Could you kill the ghosts down there Zardox? I had to leg it as they were untouchable.

You need to use the Temporary Curse thingy* to be able to hurt them (fireballs FTW). I picked some up from a body (or was it after a fight?) just before I reached the Ghosty bridge.

*Transient Curse.
The longer this thread goes on, the more you people seem to be speaking your own bizarre language.
*Fires Soul Arrows at Shouty Dwarf*
Page 5 of 59 [ 2918 posts ]