BETEO Official Nottingham Meet
9th August 2008
And photos. Especially photos.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
myoptika wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I REALLY hope you're planning on doing this again, say around Christmas? ;)

It all depends whether that Alton Towers thing is happening or not. I don't want to clash with that.

It's supposed to be summer and it's fucking chucking it down here. :(

Well we don't even need to consider it until say early November?

I'm not sure what CUS is planning with it tbh.

Given his current absence it's somewhat difficult to know.
Has anyone got CUS' address so we can go round in a tank and play Take That's "Back For Good" at him through a portable stereo?
hello! We are presently in the Horn and Hand playing pool and enjoying the rumbling of trams with our two MYSTERY GUESTS! Much merriment and much photography has occured. More to follow... at some point
MetalAngel wrote:
We are presently in the Horn and Hand playing pool and enjoying the rumbling of trams with our two MYSTERY GUESTS!

Cus and "Dafydd"?
Bezzie Bumming Fest 2008 News!

The Bezzies have already ran out of lubricants, though Dimrill is persevering with an old jar of Vick's Vaporub, much to other's distaste. More Bumming News as we get it!
we are now on a tram to Hucknall and moip is serenading us with Simply Red songs. SPECIAL GUEST 1 has accused SPECIAL GUEST 2 of not buying any drinks. We seek chips and/or kebab. Mrs Moip 'encouraged' moip to go home. Both SPECIAL GUESTS have realized they are now miles from where they need to be. more later maybe
MetalAngel wrote:
hello! We are presently in the Horn and Hand playing pool and enjoying the rumbling of trams with our two MYSTERY GUESTS!

Is it Matthew Kelly and The Stig?
MetalAngel wrote:
we are now on a tram to Hucknall and moip is serenading us with Simply Red songs. SPECIAL GUEST 1 has accused SPECIAL GUEST 2 of not buying any drinks. We seek chips and/or kebab. Mrs Moip 'encouraged' moip to go home. Both SPECIAL GUESTS have realized they are now miles from where they need to be. more later maybe

SICK! WELSH!

God I'm still pissed. I left them to it and came home to find Myop wrapped in a duvet on the stairs, singing little sings to himself. Bless them.

I wore a toga.

I need lard!
I don't remember Special Guests 1 & 2 leaving. My head fucking hurts.
There was something very wrong with the burger I had in the pub as while attempting to fall asleep I suddenly had to run and vomit it back up. Which is all well and good, but at least I could have been MAD STEAMING DRUNK like moip was.
I just remember speaking to Zardoz on video chat! Oh God, the poor poor man.
Right, who wants breakfast?
We are in adjacent rooms and yet she asks here. Truly the internet is the future of human interaction!
Ange wrote:

I could do with some. Do you deliver?
I'm scared of talking to people IRL in case you all hate me becuase I don't STOP TALKING!
nynfortoo wrote:
Ange wrote:

I deliver to the living room. That any good?
Do you deliver to the train station?
Nope. Breakfast was bad idea. I burnt it and now I feel sick.
nynfortoo wrote:
Ange wrote:

"No, just chicken, pork or beef."
\
Plissken wrote:
"No, just chicken, pork or beef."

*GROAN* :DD

Ange wrote:

Nope, but it doesn't matter now — I've just eaten a huge bowl-full of Frosties. Theeeeeey're *groan*
I can't believe no one's killed Matt yet.
Did anyone keep on looking for Linda?
It didn't feel right looking for her without you.

Everyone has just this minute departed and I now feel like death. Bleurgh.
Still alive.
Skull hurts.
Ange wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:
Ange wrote:

No you don't, we had to fetch it ourselves. :(
Curiosity wrote:
Did anyone keep on looking for Linda?

No, apparently he wanted to "Find all the sea shells" over and over again.
Grand night out, cheers to Myp and Ange for arranging and hosting.

Lessons learned:
  • Grim...'s timekeeping is fucking awful.
  • If Myoptika tells you he lives in Nottingham, he's lying. He lives 156 miles outside of Nottingham in the middle of ass-raping country, where kebab shops close at midnight.
  • Taxis do not pick up from ass-raping country.
  • There is a kebab shop that's still open in the middle of Nottingham at 4am. Huzzah!
  • Ibis hotels provide breakfast. This is not, as one might expect, a lavish fry-up buffet, but instead is a pile of small boxes of cereal.

Good to see everyone, and meet people I haven't before.
Five pounds for some Kellogs variety?!
Dimrill wrote:
Five pounds for some Kellogs variety?!

Yes. You can imagine how fucking chuffed I was with that.
Currently working out how to upload low-quality, blurry photos. Links soon.
Ooh - I forgot a 'lessons learned'.

• Dimrill does not drink. Instead, you put a drink down in front of him, blink, and the glass is empty.
Well that explains much about Forza night.
Grim... wrote:
CRASTER HAS NO PUBES

Repeat, over and over, and that would be our pool game.

Other new cliquey injokes include
-Look at his mouth
-Stuff about soap
-Relatedly - Grim... fisting himself in the toilet.
-Myoptika.
-"Mr Russ, 4 pounds, Mr Russ"

Disturbingly, I've just got back, and Myp is watching a video. I hope it's not still the RRXX trailer again.
Craster wrote:
Ooh - I forgot a 'lessons learned'.

• Dimrill does not drink. Instead, you put a drink down in front of him, blink, and the glass is empty.

I was getting around this by squirting the fluid back out of my face by the gallon.
I arrived home about 20 minutes ago.

I am presentingly uploading pictures.

In the meantime, Stu's cameo appearance in the Addams Family!

Picture are now up.

Clicky

Comments to follow, but for now, lovely to meet you all, and thanks especially to Matt and Ange for their hospitality! :luv:

EDIT: Fixed link, I hope
You had to get the tram in there, didn't you.
Pictures are coming up as private. Bah.
I think I might be broken. My liver appears to have jumped out of my body in complete disgust.
Foolishly I didn't take any pictures while we were still nice and sober, so click here for drunken pics.

Great to meet you all and thanks Matt and Ange for the food/bed/alcohol/general hospitality.
Oh lordy, 1st one on last row is me trying to talk Myp into getting dressed while he sat on the stairs.
I'm not going to check the previous threads, but it seems pretty obvious from this weekend that every time a thread descends into pun hell, it was Myoptika that started it.
MetalAngel wrote:
Picture are now up.

Clicky

Comments to follow, but for now, lovely to meet you all, and thanks especially to Matt and Ange for their hospitality! :luv:

This would appear to be the "money shot" where we're all fumbling for change for the tram.
Mr Dave wrote:
-Relatedly - Grim... fisting himself in the toilet.

8)

Top fun! Video upload soon (ie. this week) - it's not that exciting, but hey.
Well you weren't there for that one, you were too busy fisting yourself in the toilet. (To remove the soap, mainly)
Sooo... how much bumming actually occurred?
Sorry if the link was broken or claimed it was 'private', I hope I've fixed it.

The tram shot is the only one I have of everyone together in one clear picture.

That last picture of me, Joans, has me looking a bit to enthused by the tarts on the TV.
Also, if you ever need a contact 'on the inside' to smuggle you important information, don't use Mr Dave.

Mr Dave wrote:
Arrived. On idea where next somewhere for done.
Page 15 of 17 [ 844 posts ]