BETEO Official Nottingham Meet
9th August 2008
NO PUNS IN THIS THREAD.
myoptika wrote:
NO PUNS IN THIS THREAD.

For Cod's sake.
Come on, play nice. I'm trying to organise a night out for us midlanders. You London people have your own thread to play in.
I vote Nottingham, cos then I can sleep on Myp's floor and shit on his bog.
Nottingham works for me.
Me too, if I can also sleep on Myps floor/in a cardboard box outside with Dimrill.
Hmm, if we do Warwick I can crash at my mate George's house. Nowhere to crash in Nottingham though. :(

I say Bristol, still! It's fab.
Everyone is welcome back to mine.

*begins hiding valuable stuff and covering everything else in vomit-proof plastic*
myoptika wrote:

*begins hiding valuable stuff and covering Dimrill in vomit-proof plastic*

FTFY
Craster wrote:
myoptika wrote:

*begins hiding valuable stuff and building a kennel for Dimrill*

FTFY

Doubly so.
Mr Dave wrote:
Craster wrote:
myoptika wrote:

*begins hiding valuable stuff and building a plastic vomit-proof kennel for Dimrill*

FTFY

Doubly so.

Accuracy-FTFY
Just to check - Is your house infected with either Dogs or Cats?
myoptika wrote:
Neither.

Hurrah (I do like cats, but they have an ability to make breathing very hard indeed)

Grim... wrote:
Mice?

After that night, I'm bringing a baseball bat to every other house, just in case. Stupid mouse. What was it doing on the 16th floor anyway, that's far too high for a mouse.
Nothing except guinea pigs, and they mainly stay in their cage. I'm allergic to animal fur too.
There was a baseball bat near the door.
myoptika wrote:
Nothing except guinea pigs, and they mainly stay in their cage. I'm allergic to animal fur too.

Guinea pigs are completely and irredeemably excellent though.
How do you explain to your heavily pregnant wife that your planning a night out in Nottingham with some strange people you met on the interweb?

I feel a mission to the Midlands may be on.

Can I sleep between Dimmers and Dave 'Top to tail'?
Grim... wrote:
There was a baseball bat near the door.

If I'd known that, cheese, along with your kitchen units, would have been battered to a bloody pulp.
Zardoz wrote:
How do you explain to your heavily pregnant wife that your planning a night out in Nottingham with some strange people you met on the interweb?

Trust me, it's easier than explaining it to a wife with a new baby!
What are we gonna do about cuddles? Is there a set order, or do we just stroke and hug whomever is nearest?
Zardoz wrote:

Of course!

Right, fuck this democracy malarkey. I've decided it's Nottingham, and if anyone doesn't like it, they - they just don't have to come!

*crosses arms*

Stand by for the poll on which pubs we should go to...
How about the Trip To Jerusalem?
Nottingham works for me.

Not literally of course, that would be stupid.
"Hey GazChap, you've won a whole city devoted to working for you!"
"Wahey! What city?"
"Nottingham!"
"Oh."
Yep, the Trip is definitely on the agenda. I've just broken the news to Ange and she's just broken down, crying in today's box of wine.

*ZOUNDS TEH IRONING ALERT*

I'm actually in London on the 23rd August - how's everyone fixed up for the 16th?
16th is impossible for me, I'm afraid. The Green Man Festival beckons!
Zardoz wrote:

I feel a mission to the Midlands may be on.

"Darling, would you like me to kick you in the face, or go to Nottingham?"

Easy.

Guinea pigs are indeed excellent. They make a silly sound.
I probably can't justify travelling far with the amount of busy I am and the little I see my folks, though Nottingham and Manchester in the future are places I can certianly attend, as I love them both dearly. A nght in Rock City or the Temple of Convenience (which we'd fill on our own) would be truly aces.

I reckon a Cardiff evening for the local bretheren is a decent idea though... foodage, then shitfaced in quality pubs then off to Clwb to tease the popsies.

Nervous, Metal, Gay... you up ferret?
I could possibly also attend a Cardiff meet, as it happens... :ninja:
nervouspete wrote:
16th is impossible for me, I'm afraid. The Green Man Festival beckons!

Were you actually up for the 23rd though?
Cardiff is local enough for me, really. I've been there enough times.
Goatboy wrote:
I probably can't justify travelling far with the amount of busy I am and the little I see my folks, though Nottingham and Manchester in the future are places I can certianly attend, as I love them both dearly. A nght in Rock City or the Temple of Convenience (which we'd fill on our own) would be truly aces.

I reckon a Cardiff evening for the local bretheren is a decent idea though... foodage, then shitfaced in quality pubs then off to Clwb to tease the popsies.

Nervous, Metal, Gay... you up ferret?

Deffo, and you're more than welcome too CUS. No wait, just welcome.

We could even stage a pre-emptive mini-meet of us Cardiff lot sooner than later. And then freak out as we realise we've seen each other in Clwb about four dozen times before.
As a former Cardiff student, I'd be up a Cardiff meet as well, because at least I'll have an idea of where to run away to if I don't like the way things are going. ;)
As Pete has deigned to respond to me, 16th it is!
myoptika wrote:

8)
Well I did ask. You ignored me. I took it that you weren't that fussed about coming to Notts, seeing as you're organising your own Cardiff meet anyway.
myoptika wrote:

That means he has responded to you.
Yes, I know. I missed out a 'not' in there somewhere. :(
myoptika wrote:
Yes, I know. I missed out a 'not' in there somewhere. :(

Oh. Wait.

Agh.

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you, I just plumb missed it. Look to the Insomnia thread, my last post on that, and you'll see how aware I'd be of my surroundings today. I am completely dog-tired. Yeah, I am up for the 23rd. Apologies for the slow dawning realisation etc. :(
This whole thing is worryingly similar to the alt.digitiser cardiff meets of old... mostly because Gaywood and myself both lived there and he had a flat with a huge living room perfect for kipping on within walking distance of the city centre.

So yes, I would be WELL UP for a Cardiff mini-meet. And given I go and drink beer with goatboy already, it's simply a matter of pulling Gaywood off (his laptop) for the evening, and forcibly dragging nervouspete out of the libary (sic).

As for a larger meet - yes. We could potentially do a car share with the other Cardiff peeps to get to... wherever it is we're going. Gaywood and I both have large ("cars" -Ed.) that would suit this ("porpoise" -Ed.)
Sorry, I can't do Cardiff.

I'm allergic to cave dwelling retards.
Right arseburgers, pick a date which ISN'T the 16th or 23rd August. The 30th is the weekend of Ange's birthday, so that's not good for me either.

The 9th is the only other good Saturday in August for me, although it is the first day of the new footie season and I haven't seen the fixtures yet. Gah.

July anyone? I'm free pretty much the whole month.
I am free in July. We could do a swap, where Ange goes to London to stay with Maria and I go to Nottingham to stay with you.

Ange is so getting the better of the deal.
Yep, I think that sounds like a plan.
Ok, everything else apart from 12th July is hunkydorey for me. Anyone else have any dates they CAN'T make?
myoptika wrote:
Ok, everything else apart from 12th July is hunkydorey for me. Anyone else have any dates they CAN'T make?

yesterday and the days preceding it.
Anyone who isn't a complete retard?
Page 2 of 17 [ 844 posts ]