Well i started it up yesterday evening.
- completed the first three cups without as much as trying, the 50cc (where i started as i know i won't really be coming back to it after having completed it, and wanted to complete it and unlock the first characters* (King Boo! who is great)
- they blue shelled me a lot to keep it more tight, which was irritating and unfair, ofcourse, but blue shells seem to ee less 'heavy' then in DS/DD so that was better,
- the weel is just lovely.. never had the urge too buy one in the past, but this one is so cute and feels just right, and it actually seems to make it easier to make a small nudge.. think i'll test it with excite truck soon
- can't really say anything about the 'automatic'drifting yet, as drifts weren't necessary at all , and i played every course only once, so didn't know the right places.
- saw some really great looking courses (wario's mine) and some really boring ones (luigi circuit, which is just too wide)
- most circuits seem to be made for multi player, as you see lots of places where you can imagine battles for the right spot will be (coco mall)
- Miis in the public, which is always good! and on the back it says you can actually race with miis when you unlock it
- but, please do some variation in the ceremonie protocollaire, it is stull the same as older ones, and that seemed an ideal place for mii integration
online it seems like a big step up to mario strikers
- you still need a friend code, but you can actually invite your wii friends, (i invited zardoz), so that you can actually use your wii code for something useful.. (not that mii swapping ain't fun)
- time trial records are really nicely presented ass you can see how far the top 10 (of the world/ your friends/ your continent) is ahead of you
- played two races completely lag free.. you start with a raring of 5000 and it goesa up or down according to your performance. I'm now at 5080 after a 3rd and 6th place (on a circuit i had never driven)
- voting is still in
- you see a nice little globe animation with Miis where your opponents are from, which makes it a bit more personal..