The Mario Kart Club of cunning gentlemen
No, you can add anyone who is already your friend by sending them an invite in game. I didn't realise as nobody has entered our Wii code yet, so the option did not appear.
Should anyone want to add me, my friend code is 1934-0794-7701.

I like this game, though it does have me moving like Andy Crane.
Do you get this game with the wheel as a matter of course then? I saw it in Woolies for 32 quid today, but it wasn't clear whether the wheel came with it. Am I gonna have to pay more for the wheel version or something?
jonarob wrote:
Do you get this game with the wheel as a matter of course then?

Yes.

Malc
Sweet!

I'm off to Tesco!
Daniel, mrak - have either of you managed to get any friend codes to register on your Mariokart? I added the both of you ages ago and if you say that you have added our numbers above then it doesn't seem to be connecting, though none of the list of main Wii codes I added this morning have gone through yet, either, so I wondered if it was working?

?:|
Hmm. I added you earlier on, and yup, it's still not added you. How peculiar.

I shall add your main Wii code and see if that makes a difference.

(My Wii number being 1942 3267 9759 0225)
My Friend Code is: 3394-3693-7162

so you have to be a Wii Friend AND a Mario Kart Friend to play? or Just a Mario Kart Friend?

Malc
Unclear. The manual says it's quicker to add if you are both online at the same time.
I added all of the main Wii codes onto Craig's console, as well as the MarioKart codes given here - nothing seems to have gone through, though.

Oh well, I'll go make supper and give it a bit longer.

Anyone for Shepherds Pie?
oooh, shall we try one then Mrak?

Malc
I can now see Malc as well. Just Mimi and Craig remain missing.

Bit obvious, but is it worth you two checking your codes?
I can only see Mark, who is "not on Nintendo WFC..."

Malc
Might take a while for them to synchronise.

I don't think Nintendo have really thought their Friends system through.
Nice racing Mark!

I suspect it would have been closer if there had been another race or 2!

Malc
Codes are both correct - mrak can 'see' Craig so that one is definitely working - my one isn't too important as we'll be playing on Craig's account until I get home and then I will give you all the code for my actual console - just seems to be slow - I guess there are a lot of people trying to add their friends.
Yup, I can see Craig now as well.
joining thr0b for a race now...

Malc
Some of these battle arenas are a bit too big if there's only a few playing, eh?
I should coco

Malc
Also, does anyone else find that their thumb really, really hurts now?
The new tracks are like fucking obstacle courses. The Whiil seems to work quite well, but the tracks are annoying as fuck. There's shit everywhere. And the increased number of drivers on track = item bedlam. Hmmmm.
Jealous.

JEALOUS.

2 weeks to go (grumble, grumble).
Blue shells - annoying as fuck still.

Think I'm gonna play Resi 4 some more :p
Hurrah! That was great! Thanks, Daniel!
Aye, 'twas good fun that little session. Also gave me a chance to claw back some of the points I lost earlier in a group of randoms. Hurrah!
I love the Mall level as I enjoy whizzing past posters of my grandmother and seeing my grandad and baked bean boy in giant cars :smug:
Got this for a bargainous £27.71 from Sainsbury's tonight. I'm glad they've fixed the drift mechanism to prevent snaking, but it now seems to be necessary to drift far more often than it used to be, and I've lost my when-to-drift reflex. Turn auto-drifting on, and it's basically Excite Truck, so my wife's happy.

The blue shell is still twunty, but less so than it used to be - one seems to recover quicker than in the other versions. Played a quick WFC game against randoms - managed to get a Frenchman, two Brits and a pair of Swedes playing as Hitler and Saddam Hussein - gawd bless the internets.

Not sure about the Whiil. I'm awfully tempted to just use my Classic Controller, but that would somehow feel like cheating.

Will likely be up for some gentlemanly racing tomorrow night, but I'll be rubbish - I'm not letting myself get my teeth into the single player until I finish Metroid Prime 2.
The faces of Miis in the parking cars though; really, really sinister. Their blank sideways stares, grinning, staring deep into your soul. Or something.

It is the best level as it is great fun. I dislike the ones where you spend more time trying not to fall off the edges than actually having fun with the game. I'm looking at you, every Rainbow Road ever.
My Mario Kart code: 4425 1614 9477. Please add!
How many frames per second does this game run at? One?

I wouldn't reccommend playing this game in the same year as Burnout Paradise. Still, I'm gonna try and stick with it.
At last!

Back up above 5000 points!

Malc
Scarysheep3000 wrote:
My Mario Kart code: 4425 1614 9477. Please add!

you are now my friend...

Malc
I has it.

Bought it in Wollies yesterday, then went out.

Mrs A is nursing hangover in bed, so am about to play it.
Daniel wrote:

"Pass that understatement trophy, would you? I've got a new winner."
i'm adding Scarysheeo, mimi craig, malc and mrac as we speak, have you added me yet?
romanista wrote:
i'm adding Scarysheeo, mimi craig, malc and mrac as we speak, have you added me yet?

I invited you via the in game menu thing (I didn't realise that first you have to add the channel, then add the messaging system thingy, and only then does it give you the option to invite people. I only had 2 people on my list, you and Malc74)

Malc
I added you via the Wii code, Malc, as you aren't on Craig's Wii friend list (or, rather, you are - but it hasn't been accepted/reciprocated.) Added you on too, Romanista. :)
Mimi wrote:
I added you via the Wii code, Malc, as you aren't on Craig's Wii friend list (or, rather, you are - but it hasn't been accepted/reciprocated.) Added you on too, Romanista. :)

I might need to add some more people to my Wii Friends, as I don't think I have added any since september...

I will do that later today.

Malc
Grim... wrote:
Daniel wrote:

"Pass that understatement trophy, would you? I've got a new winner."

I was almost going to post a comment that at least there are invites now, which helps, but then i saw that i was invited twice and actually had to start and restart MK twice to accept both invites and then saw that evne after an invite i wasn't yet befriended with malc as he had to reaccept too.!

updated first post and wiki page
Thanks, Romanista, but you have my codes slightly mixed up. I don't have my MarioKart code for my London console yet, as I haven't ben back there since the game was released, so the MarioKart code there is for the console here in Lancaster.

I have most people on my Wii friend list on my London console, so I'll just send invites out from there once I get back next week.
I can't see any way of acknowleding romanista's acceptance. So I sent another invite!

It really is quite crap, I don't know why they didn't just go with moderated usernames or something, and just make it so that you need to do it once, and then you are friends for all games!

I can't see how anyone could think this system is a good way of doing it?

Malc
You can see if people have accepted your invite by going to your friends roster (either on the MarioKart Channel or in-game) - if the face of their Mii shows up then they have accepted your request - if not it remains a question mark.

I don't mind the system - if you already have all your friends registered to your Wii it's easy enough to send out the invites, it's only because Craig's Wii is new and nobody has his code registered that we've been having a bit of trouble inviting you guys as it means having to enter the codes, but once I am back in London I am just going to send out invites to people with the game that are already registered on my Wii, which is easy enough.
Mimi wrote:
You can see if people have accepted your invite by going to your friends roster (either on the MarioKart Channel or in-game) - if the face of their Mii shows up then they have accepted your request - if not it remains a question mark.

I don't mind the system - if you already have all your friends registered to your Wii it's easy enough to send out the invites, it's only because Craig's Wii is new and nobody has his code registered that we've been having a bit of trouble inviting you guys as it means having to enter the codes, but once I am back in London I am just going to send out invites to people with the game that are already registered on my Wii, which is easy enough.

Yeah, but I sent romanista an invite, and he accepted and yet I still can't see him.

Malc
It does take a while; Craig and Mimi's Miis took ages to show as accepted on my console. Craig's was visible from around 8pm last night, whereas Mimi's appeared only when I logged on this morning. Both were added at the same time.
Also, this morning I switched it on to find I had been awarded a new character as a present from Super Mario Galaxy, it says here. Rosalina. Hurrah!

In addition, I've also got a new kart for winning fifty races on WFC. Which I haven't done, but there you go. Hurrah!
Hehe - yes - we got both of those - Rosalina and the 50 W-Fi races - we haven't taken part in anywhere near fifty, but there you go!
Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
I can't see any way of acknowleding romanista's acceptance. So I sent another invite!

Malc

as said,after iaccepted and you switch on mk i tink we became friends, it succeeded anyway..
and 50 wins doesn't mean 50 races, but 50 people, so you can do that in about 5 races..

did you get rosalina after playing super mario galaxy, or just out of nothing

@mimi ,you don't show up yet on mine..
Page 2 of 18 [ 859 posts ]