The Mario Kart Club of cunning gentlemen
"Unable to join"

<sobs>
Your poor fag.
Try now, MaliA. We've just finished a round.
Or, um, keep trying.
only person i can see is craig and it says no
Right, try and join Mark's room now.
sorry, gotta run to train station. thanks, tough, good stuff, might be back in a bit.
That was assuredly excellent - Team GP was particularly good. I'm really feeling the lack of speed I get as Koopa in the standard kart - might have to go up a weight category.

Tuesdays are good for me most weeks, shall we make this a regular affair?
Thanks, guys, that was great fun :)
Most enjoyable. I think it helps that everyone seemed to be at roughly the same skill level with it as well, which took out a certain element of chance but left just enough to cause laughter.
Awesomesauce itself.
Had great fun.. the teamGP really was rather different, and fun to see i immediately won when I was my avatar (or technically, his father)
I think I missed y'all by about half an hour last night - grr. Had a decent game with a work colleague though.
After I got back from the station, Mrs A and I hopped on again and chased Rick around a couple of circuits. She wants in on the madness now.
what's her mk name then?
Wen

To her, you're "that ?!£$! $%*(&"
ChocoboOfDoom wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Are you sure that you can transfer the save to an SD card - some games won't allow you to do that and I have a feeling that is going to be the case with this...

I'm not in the least bit sure. I'd be massively surprised if it allowed me to do it, particularly as the license seems to be inextricably linked to a Mii I just made up on the spot. Still, my online score is something desperately unimpressive like 5105, so it won't be a disaster if not. I'll post my friend code on Wednesday.

Oh, Nintendo. I'll get myself a new friend code and post it up later today. It's too sunny for Mario Kart right about now.
Wasn't around for this, but I'll join in for the next one if thats ok.

This is shaping up to be my favourite mariokart to date.

Can't believe it's got me enjoying time trials too! (I've managed 1:21 on Luigi Circuit!).

Also, I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me here, but the lobby, Mii's, no voicechat in the random online play is (IMO) leagues and leagues ahead of the 360. I genuinely much prefer it. Swooping around the world to see where they all come from, look at what they look like them makes me really think of them as real people, then not hearing them act like twats doesn't break the illusion. And if they added voice chat it would be hands down better full stop (£50 vs spend ten minutes typing numbers)
Lave wrote:
Wasn't around for this, but I'll join in for the next one if thats ok.

This is shaping up to be my favourite mariokart to date.

Can't believe it's got me enjoying time trials too! (I've managed 1:21 on Luigi Circuit!).

Also, I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me here, but the lobby, Mii's, no voicechat in the random online play is (IMO) leagues and leagues ahead of the 360. I genuinely much prefer it. Swooping around the world to see where they all come from, look at what they look like them makes me really think of them as real people, then not hearing them act like twats doesn't break the illusion. And if they added voice chat it would be hands down better full stop (£50 vs spend ten minutes typing numbers)

There's much to be said for Mario Kart Wii's online modes - they've come a long way since Mario Strikers: Charged. Considering how blue my language gets after helplessly watching the other 11 racers thunder off after I've been twocked by a run of seven consecutive red shells, then when I mull it over I'm really rather glad I'm not wearing a headset.
MaliA wrote:
Wen

To her, you're "that ?!£$! $%*(&"

that seems like a nice name, always glad to red shell a nice lady :)

that said, maybe i can interesty my wife to try...

(i actually filled in my son when the nintendo sute asked how many players would be playing it when registering, but he was too young they thought)
Registering?

Eh?

Have I missed something?
to get 250 star points (which took me over 2000 to buy a wii points card)
Register where?
Lave wrote:
Also, I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me here, but the lobby, Mii's, no voicechat in the random online play is (IMO) leagues and leagues ahead of the 360. I genuinely much prefer it. Swooping around the world to see where they all come from, look at what they look like them makes me really think of them as real people, then not hearing them act like twats doesn't break the illusion.

I greatly prefer the no voice communication on Mariokart when playing against complete strangers. When I have seen others playing games like Halo in the past, issuing from the TV is a constant stream of 'Tard!' 'Faaagott', 'you faaaggg', ad infinitum. >:(

I can't imagine hearing that whilst racing my Mii around the trackc ?:|

I do miss voice chat when playing with friends, though.
MaliA wrote:
Register where?

nintendo.co.uk i suppose, you do know about starpoints and that you can excange them add absurd rates for wii points, don't ya?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_points
My (new) number is 2664-2335-7395. Enjoy!
Mimi wrote:
Lave wrote:
Also, I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me here, but the lobby, Mii's, no voicechat in the random online play is (IMO) leagues and leagues ahead of the 360. I genuinely much prefer it. Swooping around the world to see where they all come from, look at what they look like them makes me really think of them as real people, then not hearing them act like twats doesn't break the illusion.

I greatly prefer the no voice communication on Mariokart when playing against complete strangers. When I have seen others playing games like Halo in the past, issuing from the TV is a constant stream of 'Tard!' 'Faaagott', 'you faaaggg', ad infinitum. >:(

I can't imagine hearing that whilst racing my Mii around the trackc ?:|

I do miss voice chat when playing with friends, though.

I heartly agree with: This.

Except I've not really done any voice chat with friends before, as my only 360-owning-real-life-friends aren't hooked up to the web, and the only time I've properly played with you lot is when I once had a game of CoD4 with Dr.A. and that doesn't count 'cos I've already heard his voice on the youtubes. Oh and a game of Ikargua where talking made the game basically stop. But I suspect it's good fun.
I always enjoyed the voice chat in eve as the range of conversations would vary a lot, and even when doing things it seemed a lot more, well, fun.
I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that nintendo only really care about multiplayer with people also sitting on your couch, which is why I love the on-line multiplayer of MarioKart so much. it's pretty much designed for two people to play together, but with real people to make it more interesting. If that makes any sense.
"You've won 250 times on Nintendo WFC!", says my Wii today, "You can now play as Birdo!"

Well, my performance last night proves otherwise, but I can, and I will.
Lave wrote:
I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that nintendo only really care about multiplayer with people also sitting on your couch.

Microsoft need to remember how much fun this is - Live should be an addition to split-screen, not a replacement.
where is everybody?
i'm on 160 wins now.so lots more to go i guess
When I looked at the world times (btw, why does it say the fastest time is 1:00.xx when in actual fact it's 1:10.xx) I saw an orange flag. Apparently one of my rivals "James" (who doesn't appear in my friends list or in my friends times bit) has sent me a lap time. So I switched to the same car as him, and I was 1 second up with 1 lap to go, then he used his 3 boosts on one lap, and I fluffed the final jump (not managing to get a speed up from it) and he beat me by a cars length or so.

But it took a good 7/10th off my previous time (which I had only just posted in a session to regain the lead over my son)

I tried a few more times after that, but couldn't get any way near my own time so decided to come off

When does the time trial thing end then?

Malc
are we still talking about luigi circuit?

would like to go to a new circuit once every week, to keep it exciting
I just managed a sub 1.21 :) just

Malc
I'm not even gonna try to beat these Luigi's Circuit scores...

Anyone up for a bit of MKCoCG action later?
Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:

Malc

Owen just beat me by 5/100ths of a second!

Malc
I have purchased this today, but won't be playing it online until tomorrow. Are you all really good now? I'm rubbish at driving games, and as such tend to get left in last place by a mile every time I play Forza... will this happen to me again?

Either way, when I hook my Wii up to t'internet tomorrow, I wil post my code thang here.
Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

Owen just beat me by 5/100ths of a second!

Malc

1.20.125 in the Flame Flyer.
Curiosity wrote:
I have purchased this today, but won't be playing it online until tomorrow. Are you all really good now? I'm rubbish at driving games, and as such tend to get left in last place by a mile every time I play Forza... will this happen to me again?

Either way, when I hook my Wii up to t'internet tomorrow, I wil post my code thang here.

The game plays fair; if it works out you're less experienced or playing poorly (or have had a run of bad luck), it'll give you better power-ups to even up the score, while the gents and ladies at the front will be stuck with bloody banana skins.

I like the fact that you can win just as much with skill as with chance. It seems fairer, and certainly more fun.
I would just like to say sorry to Scarysheep for red shelling him not once but twice on the finnish line. I'm a bad man and need alot more practise. Although in my defence I didn't use a blue shell if that counts for anything?

Mario kart = fun :D

Although am I the only one who doesn't like the mall track?
you don't have to be sorry i think, as scarysheep did that threefold to me tonight.. good to race you BC
romanista wrote:
you don't have to be sorry i think, as scarysheep did that threefold to me tonight.. good to race you BC

Erk, sorry! All part of the game... was fun to race you both!
i know, but i did wonder if you were saving red shells until the end or it or you just got shells..

MaliA, saw you online, but i didn't succeed in joining you, so i joined sCarysheep, shame we couldn't make it bigger, as fun (MK)= fun (1p)^n, where p is the fun for one player and n the numver of players

trousers, hadn't added you before for some reason, now corrected..

Dead line for the Luigi Circuit challenge is sunday 24 cet, then we move on..
romanista wrote:
i know, but i did wonder if you were saving red shells until the end or it or you just got shells..

There was no saving, I promise - I used them as I got them. Feel a bit bad, didn't intend to be ungentlemanly, so apologies if I was.
Scarysheep3000 wrote:
romanista wrote:

There was no saving, I promise - I used them as I got them. Feel a bit bad, didn't intend to be ungentlemanly, so apologies if I was.

Well karma came round in the shape of me and punished you with my red shells. Everything has become balanced in the world.

I'm stuck around 1.22 on Luigi Circuit and don't know how I'm go to make up a second to catch up with romanista. I think the time trails might become my favourite thing.
Bluecup wrote:
Well karma came round in the shape of me and punished you with my red shells. Everything has become balanced in the world.

Indeed! Our GP ended in a draw, didn't it? I think I actually laughed out loud when you smashed me with red shells - good fun!

Would be aces with more people - a 12-way BETEO/BEEX MKCoCG GP would be best.
Page 5 of 18 [ 859 posts ]