whatsapp
so who's using it
and could we use it, or do we all that kind of discussion on twitter..

(i'm having most soccer conversations with my friends these days via group discussions on whatsapp)
THREAD NECROMANCY ALERT.

So, eleven years after someone suggesting that this was a thing, I am using WhatsApp, because someone has added me to a chat group of the mums in D’s class. But it turns out a long, long time ago, when I set it up, I decided to put ‘Womble’ as my name and now 19 mums think my name is Womble.
Your name isn't Womble? I'm sorry for those Christmas Cards!
Mimi wrote:
and now 19 mums think my name is Womble.

Go to the main Whatsapp page (the one with the chats in it) and down at the bottom hit settings (the cog wheel at the far right) - at the top should be your picture and name - click on it and you can change the picture / name / and whatever else you want

Hit the chat icon (speech bubbles second from the right) to get back to the chat view

Remember(*) to ask surprised when someone calls you a womble

*member member what a womble womble womble you are
Mimi wrote:
THREAD NECROMANCY ALERT.

So, eleven years after someone suggesting that this was a thing, I am using WhatsApp, because someone has added me to a chat group of the mum’s in D’s class. But it turns out a long, long time ago, when I set it up, I decided to put ‘Womble’ as my name and now 19 mums think my name is Womble.

That is brilliant :)
If you're already in another person's contacts, they name they have you down as will be one that's displayed anyway
DavPaz wrote:
If you're already in another person's contacts, they name they have you down as will be one that's displayed anyway

And this is the story of how I don't know if one of my daughters mom's name is Lindsay, Lynsey or Lyndsay.
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

And this is the story of how I don't know if one of my daughters mom's name is Lindsay, Lynsey or Lyndsay.

Do you mean Linsey?
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

you don't know the name of the mother of your child?
Findus Fop wrote:
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

you don't know the name of the mother of your child?

At some point it gets embarassing to ask.
DavPaz wrote:

Never spoken to any of these people (apart from one) in my life because of school Covid distancing. So yeah, that was my introduction :D

I’ve changed it in the settings now, and asked for everyone to do a ‘Hi I’m _______, and I’m _________’s mum/dad/grandad’ type post just so that I could tell them my actual name (and see who belongs to which child) :D.
Also, I clicked through to the co tact’s page to see what the deal was, and everyone’s bio says things like ‘I love my family’ and mine just says ‘Captain Barnacles’. I left that, though.
Mimi wrote:
Also, I clicked through to the co tact’s page to see what the deal was, and everyone’s bio says things like ‘I love my family’ and mine just says ‘Captain Barnacles’. I left that, though.

:luv:
Giphy "captain barnacles":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/l3nFducoUz4AJfvhe/giphy-loop.mp4

Is the M belt buckle for Mimi?
That’s not Captain Barnacles. THIS is Captain Barnacles (c’mon Giphy, don’t fail me now)

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l3nF3iuPlyHL9rBQY/giphy-loop.mp4
Nope.

Again.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7aboekyiBIoMWB7a/giphy-loop.mp4
Lol, but no.

Last try.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/m476ZhHMTBcCk/giphy-loop.mp4
Blinking useless.

Here’s the real Captain Barnacles.
Giphy "captain barnacles octonauts":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/orUCGvPUz5XbrkSqOR/giphy-loop.mp4
I think we have giphy's weak spot
Malc wrote:
I think we have giphy's weak spot

Finding GIFs, apparently ;)
Is that a Hydra logo on his hat?
He’s the captain of the Octonauts, who have their headquarters in the Octopod, so it’s likely an octopus.
Of course the Hydra logo is famously also an Octopus. Which doesn't make any bloody sense really
And voiced by Michael from Alan Partridge. Alan partridge is a big James Bond fan so how deep does this go?
Oh, I thought you meant a logo of a hydra, apologies. I googled Hydra logo and see it’s a comic series, I think. One of the suggested results when I just Googled was this:
DavPaz wrote:
Of course the Hydra logo is famously also an Octopus. Which doesn't make any bloody sense really

It seems to be a sexapus. A dead one.
Mimi wrote:
Blinking useless.

Here’s the real Captain Barnacles.

He's very big, isn't he.
Cras wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

It seems to be a sexapus. A dead one.

Stupid sexy puss
I have for a couple of years been going to the pub with a bunch of dads from the school, very nice bunch of chaps. I have no idea what most of their surnames are so in my phone contacts they are named things like Andrew FromSchool.

When Andrew noticed this somehow, he seemed a bit nonplussed (possibly even a little hurt) that I'd givwn him such a generic label, and tried to make fun of it. I didn't have the heart to tell him that for a long time I had to keep asking my wife what his name was as all I could remember was 'the tall kinda funny guy from the pub'.

I am really not good with names, luckily my wife has much better recall.
We used to live next door to a woman named Kate, so I have her stored in my phone as ‘Kate next door’. We moved a year ago, and our new next door neighbour is called Kate, and I immediately saved her number in my phone as ‘Kate next door’ without thinking.
I’m going to call my next door Kate.
I am awful with names. I worked with a woman - who everyone called "H" - for five years before I could remember what the H stood for.
Jem wrote:
I am awful with names. I worked with a woman - who everyone called "H" - for five years before I could remember what the H stood for.

Attachment:
H.jpg
Jem wrote:

Me too.. Every one knows me at work, but I am rubbish at names. It is embarrassing at times.
KovacsC wrote:
Jem wrote:

Me too.. Every one knows me at work, but I am rubbish at names. It is embarrassing at times.

You must've really left your Mark.
DavPaz wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Jem wrote:

You must've really left your Mark.

:DD :DD
Page 1 of 1 [ 38 posts ]